blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Map and Compass

Classy design, you know exactly what it's from.
You got my vote!
BlindDog3D

arobb81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arobb81
Re: It Came From the Future!

This is super cute, super clever, and very well done. Deserves to be printed.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

AdderXYU wrote:this is such a lovely, simple design.

Thank you, Adder

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant
sasham62 wrote:Yeah, I gotta say, I don't walk around with 3-D glasses most of the time.
And without them, most 3-D shirt designs are a little headache-inducing.

Exactly.

blinddog3d

Re: THE Real Wild ONE

jnorah wrote:I actually had him looking more realistic and with the motorcycle but I changed it last minute after i saw what happened to blinddog3d. My thought had been keep it similar to original but make him a werewolf. So I went in a direction to ensure there would be no rejection. May post another entry soon.

Very clever my young padawan! Do not follow in my footsteps or you will face the wrath of the rejectionator!

I think it's freakin' awesome! I want 3!
BlindDog3D

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
kevlar51 wrote:This is all your fault J5!!! I could have subbed a windup sporting 3D glasses and been sittin' pretty in fogsville right now

From someone who printed at Tilteed curated by AdderXYU, I don't hold much remorse.

Underbots, ho!

move along

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
AdderXYU wrote:which isn't hard to do when someone else already created an iconic image for you to appropriate sans commentary or difference.

Wow hope I didn't ruin your whole day. I believe there is a difference between appropriating and making an homage to something though. Sometimes the appreciation is commentary enough.

Check out my Derby Shirt!

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
blinddog3d wrote:Classy design, you know exactly what it's from.
You got my vote!
BlindDog3D

Thanks a lot! That means a lot coming from an artist like you. VERY impressive hand skills on your design even if the rejectionator got it.

Check out my Derby Shirt!

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: B-MOVIE!

i like it. makes me think of frank frazetta. nice work!

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: The Good Old Days

awwwn... this shirt makes me sad... lol

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
Re: No Ticket

In for one...wait...dang the fact that it has to WIN first...ugh, hurry up derby!!

+1

thepinkranger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepinkranger
Re: Forbidden Future

I want this now please

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
thepinkranger wrote:I want this now please

I can't wait for this one to print either. I'm hoping for Friday!

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin
Re: Ten Million Stories

Love it. thats all

jamesclaflin

xxJaded wrote:Dude, this is awesome. I'm rather upset that this isn't in the fog already. I really wanted someone to do a noir shirt, and this one is perfect.

Perfect, perfect. Exact for the theme here

Rave22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rave22
Re: Forbidden Future

This is just too awesome not to print. Very good job. *crosses fingers*

jamesclaflin

Re: They came from the stars

Hands down my favorite. This is an awesome shirt design

elizabethplaid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizabethplaid
anidi79 wrote:Wanted to do this with a stained glass feel.

I like the idea of a "stained glass" feel, but I think there are too many sections of the different tones. If there were fewer or made more general, it might have a better look. Other than that, I love the concept.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Heaven's Devils

Great design, JRW!

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
striker138 wrote:Woot frowns upon using straight live traces. I am sure if you used a trace, and cleaned it up, and recolored it, or whatever, it would be completely passable. I see shirts all the time that look like they use traces in one form or another, but they are typically reworked to the point they don't look it.

I have to join this discussion; here is my oppinion
Reference means "I looked at it to make sure it looks right." While many artists create things straight from their mind or memory, many artists will usually use many of these. It is called a reference because you "refer" to it.

Copying an image, whether freehand or, worse, through live trace, isn't really art in any viable sense. Art involves creation. Xerox machines aren't artists. But then, neither are forgers. It's great if you can replicate the Mona Lisa. Good for you, skillboy powerhead. But you're not DaVinci. That's why museums don't regularly have high profile forgery galleries.

To put reference in a clearer contrast: I can't write a book on the civil war by picking and choosing parts of Shelby Foote's trilogy, quoting them, and linking them with conjunctions and short phrases, even if I cite every quote. I need to add my own commentary, make connections between sources, and create a new book. I "refer" to the earlier ones to enforce my individual argument. I do not simply handwrite someone else's words in a different script.

I hope that clears everything up

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

vonhearse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vonhearse

sstrungis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstrungis

Not quoting as it's above me aplenty...

Alright, I get that. Don't trace work and call it your own. I teach graphic design and Illustrator. I recognize that a trace is not real original art. Not everyone is as good with the Pen Tool and work from scratch. Sometimes that needed shape is beyond abilities. It is for me and I've been working with Illustrator for over 20 years.

All that being said, I encourage my students to make all work theirs even if a trace was part of that. There's a difference between a quick livetrace, and a trace that's been scaled, altered, cleaned up, simplified, recolored, and integrated into new original work. That's the trick. And here it's a large-scale trick. I find it hard to believe that every stroke of every pen tool here was born by dint of hard handwork.

All of this posted work is great stuff, but all of it isn't 100% original. My $.02.

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx
skirochester wrote:hah... never saw that one. glad I didn't do a melting ice cream.

Your treats are just blithely unaware of the horror to come. (Well, except for the candy bar, but it's a different kind of horror.)

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan
Re: across the sunset

Come one! return to the fog!

roofoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roofoo
gentrys wrote:Now if only I can convince my wife to vote for it...

Is that a Delorean at the bottom?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
sstrungis wrote:There's a difference between a quick livetrace, and a trace that's been scaled, altered, cleaned up, simplified, recolored, and integrated into new original work.

I think the ladies call that scrap-booking :P

move along

Exohdus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Exohdus

Love the pose and the colors, only thing I'm not fond of is the face. Maybe it's just the placing or posture but it doesn't seem 'right' to me.

blinddog3d

Deomonte21 wrote:I also want to say this is the only shirt I voted on and the only one I would have bought. I wish you would provide a high res picture of this image so i could print a shirt myself.

Sure, send $85 to my PayPal and I'll send you the vector file with seps. It's in my contract that I get one shirt from every run. XXL, PLS.

blinddog3d@hotmail.com
Thanks,
brUno

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
blinddog3d wrote:Sure, send $85 to my PayPal and I'll send you the vector file with seps. It's in my contract that I get one shirt from every run. XXL, PLS.

blinddog3d@hotmail.com
Thanks,
brUno

Blinddog...I think you have to wait 6 months before you get back the rights to any artwork submitted here.(If I am wrong, maybe someone can clarify this further?)
(Not sure what the policy is if it's rejected though.)

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
blinddog3d wrote:Very clever my young padawan! Do not follow in my footsteps or you will face the wrath of the rejectionator!

I think it's freakin' awesome! I want 3!
BlindDog3D

Thankz Dude!

Yeah I was a little salty after seeing that they rejected your design. Yes it was a parody but it was not like the original.

I really liked that movie went back and added to my NETFLIX que. I was trying to make a cool little theme you know wolves are wild so a wolf-man biker would be wildererrrr!!!(is that a word?).

sstrungis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstrungis
roofoo wrote:and revolver. :P

The revolver is a picture of a Webley & Scott Mk VI. It was adapted from a shot taken from the Wikimedia Commons repository. As far as I can tell a remix and reuse is allowed. I have no trouble owning up to this one.

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
SnowQueenVT wrote:Blinddog...I think you have to wait 6 months before you get back the rights to any artwork submitted here.(If I am wrong, maybe someone can clarify this further?)
(Not sure what the policy is if it's rejected though.)

Actually it is 60 days so 2 months. But I believe that may only apply to the selected entries and not those that did not win.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
jnorah wrote:Actually it is 60 days so 2 months. But I believe that may only apply to the selected entries and not those that did not win.

I think it applies to any submitted artwork...are you sure about the 60 days?I guess that sounds familiar.Thanks Jnorah.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

sylvar01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sylvar01
Re: Let's all go to the laboratory!

LOVE. THIS. SHIRT! It's the only one I voted for in this derby. For those who don't think it is on theme - Look at the rest of the field....I'd say 50% of the shirts fall short of the meeting your criteria, but this one is spot on.

loopyhorse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loopyhorse
walmazan wrote:Come one! return to the fog!

Back to the fog! I want a cowboy/western shirt!

blinddog3d

SnowQueenVT wrote:I think it applies to any submitted artwork...are you sure about the 60 days?I guess that sounds familiar.Thanks Jnorah.

It is 60 days, but this was rejected, meaning they will NOT print it. It only applies to entries that make it to the end of the derby. They give you 24 hrs. to change your mind. If they print this after rejecting it, I'll call my attorney & see what options I have, but this Tshirt needs to be made & worn. It's just 2kool4skool.

BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

blinddog3d wrote:It is 60 days, but this was rejected, meaning they will NOT print it. It only applies to entries that make it to the end of the derby. They give you 24 hrs. to change your mind. If they print this after rejecting it, I'll call my attorney & see what options I have, but this Tshirt needs to be made & worn. It's just 2kool4skool.

BlindDog3D

Hey, Thunderthighs,
can we get clarification on this, please? ...and Thank you.
BlindDog3D

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr
Re: Cornered!

Anyone ever play Deja Vu: A Nightmare Come True on NES? That's what I thought of after viewing this entry. Great entry + GUN SHIRT! Voted.

blinddog3d

sasham62 wrote:The text here doesn't really seem incidental, but rather the point of the shirt.

it certainly is quite a lot of text. If you take the text away, it changes the meaning of the design. But, I'm just an old, blind dog, what do I know?

BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

[quote]Re: [url= and Compass
[img=100x100]

Run, Kevin, RUN! ...all the way to the Fog!

BlindDog3D