bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: special effects!

That mouse really needs a moustache, it's actually appropriate here! Not that I don't appreciate inappropriate mustaches, in fact those are the best kind.. I guess what I'm saying is I like all mustaches!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
Re: Kabam!

This character looks just OSWALD the Lucky Rabbit by Ub Iwerks. Oswald was the original mickey.

seanpsimmons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanpsimmons
Re: Swashbuckler Island

Wow. That's just awesome. Great Job!

alexanderjd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexanderjd

Ahhh, the good ol' days. When cartoon characters could club each other over the noggin, without fear of litigation.

mttkauffman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mttkauffman
Re: happiness

May wanna be careful about that text. I think it would work just as well without out but it may get rejected as is

seanpsimmons

Re: intermission

Great. I look forward to seeing how many kids size shirts this sells. haha.

bluetuba

Re: intermission

The cigs and the expression on the candy is the twist that makes this funny. I wouldn't buy or vote for a shirt that was just dancing movie concessions.

Chuckleworthy!

Also, I'm not artist but I like the texture on the items alot.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Movie Costume

Harvey? is that you?

thegambler311

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thegambler311

Nice illo. I agree that she’s too contemporary though. Also, she’s holding a pistol, and she’s got one holster, but it’s got a pistol in it already.

seanpsimmons

odysseyroc wrote:I really like the style of the character.

Good one.

lovepuff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lovepuff
Re: happiness

What exactly are we looking at, here? I'm afraid I'm not getting the reference...

mattcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
j5 wrote:very well executed....

Thank you sir; i had to rush this one out the door way to quick due to being split between 2 sketches i have going for this derby.

So its good to see that its even got this many votes so far ;P

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Lights! Camera! Action!

"Lights! Camera! Action!" - 6 colors on slate.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
lovepuff wrote:What exactly are we looking at, here? I'm afraid I'm not getting the reference...

Citizen Kane.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
YinofYang wrote:First, let me say that I really do like where you went with this design overall. It's got a nice classic movies vibe to it. The only thing I don't agree with is the attire of the female in the design. Her attire just doesn't fit the fashion that I attribute to that era. Maybe it's just me. *shrugs*

and her pose is very odd. is she sitting down? I can't tell what she's doing.

bluetuba

What's with his rainbow repelling tail? Is he farting rainbows because he's so happy maybe? lol

I love the action pose, I can just hear the big cartoon THWWOMP! and see the spinning stars and little birdies about to come.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Rock-A-Bye Lady

this looks like it might be outside woot's printable area.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Re: Moon Twirl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC1HT3UjyDA

From a scene It's a Wonderful Life(1946), I presume. If so, this would certainly be applicable.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

ChaosDoctor07

ChaosDoctor07 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC1HT3UjyDA

From a scene It's a Wonderful Life(1946), I presume. If so, this would certainly be applicable.

The specific quote is:

"What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary."

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

bluetuba

Re: Delusions of grandeur

brilliant!

ChaosDoctor07

Re: Let's all go to the laboratory!

Awesome shirt and idea. However...even though it's a parody, of sorts, of the candy "commercials" before movies, I'm not so sure this fits the theme.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Propzilla

Nice Design! And that title isn't too shabby either!

GMV!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
bluetuba wrote:What's with his rainbow repelling tail? Is he farting rainbows because he's so happy maybe? lol

I love the action pose, I can just hear the big cartoon THWWOMP! and see the spinning stars and little birdies about to come.

Haha! I almost did a 3 panel design with the jump, the thwomp, and the birdies, but I thought that might be too much. I wanted to keep it simple (like the cartoons).

Thanks everyone.

ChaosDoctor07

aswati wrote:This is a tribute to the Era of Silent Films.

My first thought went to no face = Slenderman = the Silence from recent Doctor Who. I like the idea of the film roll over what would be the mouth, but I feel like there could be a better way to convey that it's a film roll(might just be me, but I fell that, at a distance, it would look less like a film roll and more like...silver circles in a bigger circle). Just my thoughts.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Let's all go to the laboratory!

this is awesome! +1

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie

Dude, you are a powerhouse. Awesome shirt!

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie

Great, as always.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: It was only a moment for you, you took no notice

Great "Vertigo" vibe. Dig it!

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl
Re: We'll always have Purris

Duel entry by myself and greystone9.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: B-MOVIE!

Epic. Voting for this with great enthusiasm. Not sure how I feel about the halftoned smoke, but it would probably print better than it looks all scrunched up on my screen.

Setzer13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Setzer13
Re: special effects!

It's TROGDOR!!!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:The specific quote is:

"What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary."

I thought it was this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JDaOOw0MEE

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86

Love it and would absolutely wear it!! Hope it prints! +1

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Kaiju Party

AHHHHHHH! Voters, do not let me down! This is the ultimate Omni shirt. <3

MasterWolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasterWolf
Re: Cornered!

I'd like to see it in the shirt-frame. Then for sure I would vote/buy.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

Cute, but almost too Oswald the Luck Rabbit for me.

wepnar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wepnar
contemporaryscarlett wrote:Just my personal opinion, and perhaps this is intentional but the female looks like a 2011 woman playing pirate dress-up. She doesn't look like someone from the silver screen era, especially the straight blunt edge cut hair.

I have to agree with the above post. This is great to look at and really well done but nothing about it says classic movie to me.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Impressive Sword but

Here, a swashbuckler in the style of Errol Flynn meets a gunslinger in the style of Gary Cooper, all in the sepia tones of Reflections in a Golden Eye.

3 colors on silver. Hope you like it.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: After the Credits

This is very good. I voted.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

You are a magician, Walm. Instant classics every week.