ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
Re: Ticket to Ride

It's so authentic, it actually hurts my eyes.

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

willywood73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willywood73

Please make this shirt.
Its Pawcortasstic!

William Woodrome

deeelite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deeelite
Re: Monster Movie

i love the cute factor of this! consider it sold if it makes it to the top of the fog.

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: Silent Cinema is Golden Cinema

This one's askin for the Rejectionator...

Just sayin.

lilaviel

ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Awesome shirt and idea. However...even though it's a parody, of sorts, of the candy "commercials" before movies, I'm not so sure this fits the theme.

I dunno, I disagree. The style its drawn in + the parody + the way it reminds of old science fiction movies makes me think it fits the theme perfectly.

lilaviel

Re: High Noon

I like how this design is framed. I'll admit I wouldn't wear it, but that's only the subject, not the design itself.

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:My first thought went to no face = Slenderman = the Silence from recent Doctor Who. I like the idea of the film roll over what would be the mouth, but I feel like there could be a better way to convey that it's a film roll(might just be me, but I fell that, at a distance, it would look less like a film roll and more like...silver circles in a bigger circle). Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the film roll. I understand what you mean.

Actually, the idea behind the face and the film roll is supposed to mimic "The son of man" by Magritte. Instead of an apple, its a film roll. I didn't intend for it to resemble a character from a movie- that was purely coincidental!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: burrito scene

needs more taco.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
lilaviel wrote:I dunno, I disagree. The style its drawn in + the parody + the way it reminds of old science fiction movies makes me think it fits the theme perfectly.

What kind of Sci-Fi movies did you watch? This is not on theme at all.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: across the sunset

This is beautiful!

aswati

lilaviel wrote:This one's askin for the Rejectionator...

Just sayin.

Ooppps!! Why is that? I figure from the earlier post, this image looks like a character from a movie. The idea behind the man in a bowler hat with the roll on his face comes from "The Son of Man"- the Magritte painting. I didn't intend it to look like a character from any movie - that is purely coincidental!

fishbiscuit5

Re: The Mooring

Love the old timey feel!

greystone9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greystone9
Re: We'll always have Purris

Here's looking at you, kitten! :D

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

This ends the movie a lot faster. I hope everyone digs the summer theme.

Johndis5

jnorah wrote:This character looks just OSWALD the Lucky Rabbit by Ub Iwerks. Oswald was the original mickey.

Except, Oswald wore pants and shoes rather than the latex fetish suits these guys have chosen to sport.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: The Silver Spectre

I've been tinkering with an Art Deco train on a stylized skyscape for the last 5 hours. I think it's as good as I can get it. Hope you like a vehicle from a golden age of locomotion.

Johndis5

Re: Wicked Witch: The FPS

It's a funny idea, but I just don't like how it looks on a shirt.

fishbiscuit5

Re: Propzilla

Another amazing design!! Yay!

danteatemyeyeballs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danteatemyeyeballs

This shirt is awesome!

Re: intermission

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
capedcrusader514 wrote:This ends the movie a lot faster. I hope everyone digs the summer theme.

Nice work. I think the design itself is fine but they're likely to reject you for the video-game-reference title.

Johndis5

KIDA26 wrote:Cute, but almost too Oswald the Luck Rabbit for me.

I looked at Oswald, they are similar in that they are black and white and have rabbit ears, but they all kind of looked the same back then. The heads are similar, but not the same, and from the neck down this character is nothing like Oswald at all.

It's a little too cute for my taste, but it's certainly not a rip-off.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: happiness

For some reason it reminds me of a beetle which makes me enjoy it more. I get the whole reference and whatnot, but the beetle-esque design is what suckered my vote.

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
thegambler311 wrote:Nice illo. I agree that she’s too contemporary though. Also, she’s holding a pistol, and she’s got one holster, but it’s got a pistol in it already.

Clearly, she swashbuckled it away from someone. ;)

wepnar wrote:I have to agree with the above post. This is great to look at and really well done but nothing about it says classic movie to me.

While she does have a pretty contemporary look, I wouldn't think that it would place this off-theme at all. The description says the design must be classic and to "[t]hink... swashbucklers..." Really, the black and white already lends itself to an older feel, and it's just her hair that messes with the older feel. If she had curly/wavy hair, then there wouldn't be any issue. I personally don't see it being in any risk of being off-topic/rejected.

...or at least that's my take...

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

mrsbigeddi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsbigeddi
Re: Timmy Trickster and Mr.Moneymine

Laughed Out Loud!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: They came from the stars

Big fan of the placement. The design got a lot of style too. Very solid!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed

capedcrusader514

Out of everything in the derby this is about the only thing I'd consider putting on my body.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Can you explain the movie tie-in here?...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Looks great, Skek! I did notice a few things:

1. Where are the bunnies?
2. I think if you added the black Santa, you'd appeal to the early Xmas shopper bloc.
3. Didn't we discuss potentially adding a nude Abraham Lincoln donning his trademark Stovepipe hat and c0ck sock during the creative discussion? I think so. That would add a lot to the tone of the design.
4. It is common knowledge that Abraham Lincoln never went anywhere without his faithful poodle Mr. Muckinfuzz. Keep that in mind as you edit the piece.
5. The cremated ash of an average person usually weighs about nine pounds.
6. You should resub the design on orange. It is woefully and mysteriously underused, especially in this particular derby.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

aswati

Re: The Mooring

I really like the 'sketck' effect here. +1!!

capedcrusader514

thatrobert wrote:Nice work. I think the design itself is fine but they're likely to reject you for the video-game-reference title.

Maybe. I could argue that the style now also refers to movies after Doom (the movie).

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Delusions of grandeur

Had to log in just to vote for this one. I'd wear it every day!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Singin' In The Storm

Do you remember that movie with the dead guy who's hit by lightning and then he starts dancing and singing and...

Wait, that was two different movies. Well this is embarrassing.

See a BIG VERSION here! This is six colors on a brown tee.

Please vote if you like this design. Happy 200th derby, Shirt.Woot!

---Spiritgreen

-----------------------------------------------------
ALSO: See the traditional green version ^__^
-----------------------------------------------------

Dutchbunch5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dutchbunch5
striker138 wrote:2 colors on cream... mmmmm... cream.

This would probably do better on the new silver or slate color.

wepnar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wepnar
Re: Odessa Steps

Thanks for actually referencing a classic movie!! I love this and really really really hope it prints.

avidan111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avidan111
Re: Mr Murder

love it, but what movie is this from?

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Johndis5

I'm missing the theme here.

Johndis5

Re: Singin' In The Storm

I'm not a big fan of your designs, nothing personal, they are just not my style. I had to comment though, the way you did the background here is damn near perfection. Very impressive.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming