bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
davydude wrote:Ok I love this shirt.... im only hesitant to buy it cause im not sure if this is more of a shirt for chicks to wear, what does everyone else think?

Judging by how many guys I see wearing Woot bunny shirts, I think a hot pirate chick is fair game :D.

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
bluejester wrote:Congrats Patrickspens. I believe this shirt has garnered so many innuendo laden jokes in the first half hour of sales that it might just be a record in itself.

Either that or there are a heckuva lotta single guys wooting right now.

Meh. You don't have to be single to appreciate a fine piratey wench...erm...I mean...a clearly respectable buccaneering lass with huge...sails...yeah, sails, that's it...

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose

Nice shirt. Reminds me of Danger Girl by J. Scott Campbell.

jobezark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jobezark

The design plus shirt colour are simply too awesome to pass up.

Now the question is do I apply my random shirt trifecta coupon to this and get free overnight shipping, or do I save it for the next random woot trifecta?

www.jobezark.com

DesLAW

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DesLAW

Oh snap! It's Miss Fortune!

CapnSabertooth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CapnSabertooth

Reminds me of the Vanquisher from Torchlight (if they made a pirate expansion).

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

i feel like this design is too large and its massiveness encompassing my entire chest will most definitely bother me. just my 2 cents though

archiestone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages archiestone

Arrgh, I like the cut of her jib, that Long Jane Silver!

skidude6200

quality posts: 3 Private Messages skidude6200

Anyone think she looks enough like Miss Fortune from League of Legends that my friends who regularly play her would appreciate/wear the shirt?

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

This looks so nice on the main page, hovering just above the bottles on wine.woot

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

This quite a charming illustration, and while I'd like to see a bit more of a movie tie, it's both PSpens' best design in a long time.

If there's one caveat, it's one that usually pops up for me with PSpens designs; it doesn't appear to have been designed with a t-shirt in mind. However, that's less of an issue here than it has been in the past.

Very nice work, PSpens.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
davydude wrote:Ok I love this shirt.... im only hesitant to buy it cause im not sure if this is more of a shirt for chicks to wear, what does everyone else think?

Buy what you want to buy. To hell with what people might get uptight over because of their backwards social conventions. :D

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack

Did anyone else notice that the compass in the background has East and West reversed...?

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

drhoads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drhoads

When I saw this picture I coulda sworn it was one of the minor characters in the Exalted series of RPG supplements, but I can't find her anywhere. Lovely art style nonetheless!

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
bassanimation wrote:LOL yaaaay! Im such a fan of that movie, I will always be 6 yrs old when I see it. :D Also, whuu, wait, there's a Dutch Blu-Ray that's BETTER? Does it come with a real luck dragon???

I just never got the concept of there being a sequel to something that was "Never Ending"...

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

EvilA4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EvilA4

This pose was copied exactly from another picture. Thumbs down.

hellionchik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hellionchik

I love that she's not wearing a friggin skirt!

GooberSOTP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GooberSOTP

I love the design but it's not very shirty... is there any way to get it as a poster? It'd be awesome to have that hanging on a wall.

LemurGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LemurGuy
tomcall wrote:You fight like a dairy farmer!

How appropriate ... you fight like a cow!

and remember:

When theres only one shirt, theres only one choice!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

PatrickSpens, on booty duty like your name was Eddie Thatch. Gyar.

(with thanks to Tally Hall)

fruithead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fruithead

hate to rain on anyones parade, but wearing this shirt will not actually make you popular, cooler, or well liked, except for possibly within a certain small subset of people.

but go ahead and try it and see for yourself.

(surprisingly, people are willing to admire pictures of a shirt like this on the internets far more readily than they would respond to it in real life)

of course you can always ignore what anyone else thinks and just do whatever the hell you want, but, and i dont mean to be a buzzkill here, that rarely ends up being as awesome as you think its going to be like in your head.

ethyne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ethyne

Judging by the write-up, someone obviously did not enjoy the movie too much. I wouldn't worry about it though, the fifth one about space pirates will be better.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86

WONDERFUL! Voted for it, hoped for it, and dreams come true!
It shall now join Unstealthiest Ninja and Acquired Taste to complete the Pirate-Ninja-Zombie trio, and my wardrobe is complete.

At least until tomorrow ;-)

johnsteed99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johnsteed99
creativehack wrote:Did anyone else notice that the compass in the background has East and West reversed...?

The West coast is to the left on a map. What is reversed?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
creativehack wrote:Did anyone else notice that the compass in the background has East and West reversed...?

Look again...

N E S W.

That's how the rest of the world is living...though possibly a post-Rapture world has reversed polarity?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Medicfrost

quality posts: 51 Private Messages Medicfrost

Wow, Somolian girls are hot.

aprrril

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aprrril

I don't want the T-shirt, I want that outfit! I'd look great in it!

deeelite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deeelite

fruithead, did you wake up on the lemon side of the bed??

it's good to know that i am not the only one helping keep patrickspens well fed. this is my 6th purchased design of his on woot out of 11 total.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Professor, what's another word for pirate treasure.

Why I think it's booty, booty....booty. That's what it is.

Very nice design, very well executed.

move along

sleepingforest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepingforest

miss fortune, that you? :o

ashram101

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ashram101
fruithead wrote:hate to rain on anyones parade, but wearing this shirt will not actually make you popular, cooler, or well liked, except for possibly within a certain small subset of people.

but go ahead and try it and see for yourself.

(surprisingly, people are willing to admire pictures of a shirt like this on the internets far more readily than they would respond to it in real life)

of course you can always ignore what anyone else thinks and just do whatever the hell you want, but, and i dont mean to be a buzzkill here, that rarely ends up being as awesome as you think its going to be like in your head.

The last time I wore a patrickspens shirt out in town I got stopped and asked where I'd gotten such an awesome shirt.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

“It’s a complete departure from my previous work in films like Blow and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and any time I talk out loud.”

There's another way to talk?

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari
sleepingforest wrote:miss fortune, that you? :o

Miss Fortune's outfit is much more ridiculous. And she's a pirate hunter.

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99

"What's a pirate's favorite letter?"

"RRRR?"

"No, it's the C!"

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

What's a pirate? What's a swashbuckler? My Victorian principles have kept me sheltered from such ideals! Be still, my quivering British heart! Such knavery!

Suck it, Trebek.

mahercv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mahercv

Just a basic question....Doesn't a Swashbuckler by definition have a sword?

seanpsimmons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanpsimmons

Gratz on first place! Hopefully this and the other great designs this week will sell well and cause some movement on the reckoning.

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27
DianaSprinkle wrote:Ohhhh, nice to see this one take first. It'll be interesting to see if this can crack the higher sell out number at 5000.

whoa... when did that happen? Is this the first day of the higher sellout? Was it announced somewhere in the derby post that I just missed?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
mahercv wrote:Just a basic question....Doesn't a Swashbuckler by definition have a sword?

She's a finely cut lass. So there ya go.

move along

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

Swashbucklers never buckle their swash, they swash their buckler. I thought everyone knew that.

A buckler is a small shield, held in the off hand.