+ Add a Comment

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Stink Less!

bro3of4 wrote:GMV for 'Stink Less!'. This will probably offend someone, but I figure if you are offended, you are probably in need of this public service announcement (and I unfortunately know someone that does).

Best worn on public transportation.

I would try not to wear this around any homeless though. That isn't something that they can easily do and I would feel like s#!+ for implying it.

Totally agree about the homeless thing -- don't wear this while volunteering at the shelter!

bluetuba wrote:This shirt really needs to get made, and worn in public places where nerds congregate.

Yes!

mrwednesday wrote:You don't happen to work in advertising do you, Robert? You have an absolutely fantastic ability to make really compelling images. I think you do it better than anyone in the derby and this is another gem.

thank you very much! I do not work in advertising -- my experience is much more direct. I'm a reformed smelly programming nerd.

Electrified

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Electrified
bottlehed wrote:What's "GMV" ?

It means - Got My Vote :-)

mpenczarski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpenczarski
Re: W.W.Z. Mechanized Military Infantry

I am really hoping this prints. I was seriously bummed when it didn't last time. Woot really needs to start thinking about these types of shirt designs because the cute shirts limit their market. I can’t imagine buying most of the shirts that they print.

Also, I don’t know why they haven’t brought back classic shirts!

fastjazzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fastjazzy
Re: It's A Bird

Does anybody know where else this was submitted?

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
renegadetim wrote:I REALLY thought this design would be in the Fog and possibly print this Double Take with the amount of support it received in its previous derby. As I stated on Tilteed, Kev, I really hope this robot gets printed sometime in the future. This was the most popular he's been so I thought it had a chance. I suppose it might still receive an honorable mention. I also hope Adder's comments there are foreshadowing for either this design or one of your robot designs to print in the future.

Thanks for the support, Tim. I was a bit surprised to see this drop so far from the Fog after spending the better part of Friday in there. But that's kind of the way the double take goes, so it's best to just accept it as that . I'd like to see this find a home somewhere (obviously)--in my design portfolio, this is the one I'm most proud of.

renegadetim wrote:
P.S. - I've been busy the past few derbies so was unable to really comment or discuss as much but I did vote for the robot designs you submitted. "Acquired Taste" and the cyber punk one are all I remember, but I must ask... Has our/your little robot put on some pounds?

Hasn't put on any weight, this was just the last time you saw my windup ;). The hefty one was the steambot and then you saw the cyberpunk robot (in so much as I can call it that--I'm now finding out that it's a no-no to have robots in cyberpunk).

Anyway, I try to project different personalities in each.

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko
DianaSprinkle wrote:Awwww, I'm glad to hear it. =D It's like a mysterious loop of impossibility. For some reason I seem to like continuous rabbit designs.

One of my favorites too. I'd love to get it someday.

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion

This is an extremely creative and well-executed design. What type of dinosaur is that one on the right?

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
edugalad wrote:I've done lino-cut and copper plate etching work before and I have to say I love those art styles. I hope to see more like this in future derbys

Great work, you got my vote for sure

Thank you so much.

abojko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abojko

Your designs are great, midgerock. I have your panda t-shirt and have gotten many questions and compliments. What a great conversation starter. Now I hope this one prints. I'm really sick and tired of cutesy t-shirts, too.

BrainonSka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrainonSka
Re: Inspired by One of those days

Out of all the derby entries this week, I think this would be the only shirt I'd definitely purchase.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
zpank wrote:Wow! This is the most beautiful piece of all to me. I love nature. I love how the raptor is outlined in the negative space. also, the diagonal lines which compose lengths of aurora, how their warm gradient of color leads the eyes back and forth across the void of hawk. Black shirt/backgrounds are best and highly versatile and stylish. The bright white stars are geometrically interesting in and of themselves and in the overall arrangement and gleaming against the background a very cold night is created and contrast with the aurora. Thus The visual circuit is completed and begins anew: the aurora, the raptor, the constellation.

Thanks a lot for your great comment , glad you liked , cheers! (o;

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
JTMosh wrote:I really wanted this one last time. Hopefully it makes the cut this time around.

Thanks! (o;

WhiteBoyOfVernon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WhiteBoyOfVernon
laggyg wrote:A greater truth has never been spoken, than the words on this shirt...GMV!

This x2. Simply put... Raisins. SUCK.

Three tines isn't a fork. Three tines is a trident. Forks are for eating, tridents are for ruling the seven seas.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
bmw66x wrote:Too late, I think someone else got there 1st. Not me, but a very lucky dude!

It's true, I do operate on a "first come first serve" basis.

...Ihopethisdesignprints.

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert

Here's soap's good buddy:

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Science Class

Im hoping the Woot staff checks this one out for possible Editor's Choice. It's really a wonderful shirt. +1!

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
Re: To The Clouds

This is awesome!!! Love the design and colors.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

I'm not sure if this makes me think of a little bit of soap or if you must

cmoborough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmoborough
BrainonSka wrote:Out of all the derby entries this week, I think this would be the only shirt I'd definitely purchase.

ditto for me....more votes!

apexarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apexarts
Re: Cosmic Eagle

The grayish clouds in the far background look exactly like the photo-based cloud brushes you used in your last shirt, which was rejected for said photo brushes.

kevsan17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevsan17
expo01 wrote:Thanks! (o;

I really want this.It's my favorite

mastboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mastboy
Re: The best contraceptive!

i would so buy this!!!

stella0930

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stella0930
Re: Regicide

I want this one to win!

kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
Re: Fountain Pool Party

I've been waiting to re-vote for this!! I love it!

wubupon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
Re: They're Watching.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!....funny. I'm going to buy this one.

kevlar51

BootsBoots wrote:

...Ihopethisdesignprints.

That makes a lot of us.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: The Path

I hated it the first time, can't wait till it goes away!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: The Red Barron's First Flight

Best sunset I've ever seen at a woot. This is top knotch work. I want 3!

VOTE!
BlindDog3D

kevlar51

Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph

This design is stellar on multiple levels.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
renegadetim wrote:We haven't seen as much RamyB lately either.... coincidence?

Ramy skipped silver screen, but had a fogged entry "cyberpunk" and 3 entries in "shirt titles reinterpreted".

move along

tercelfish20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tercelfish20

Simply beautiful. Love it!

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby
Re: Storybook Castle

This is such an unusual and cool design...and there are no zombies in it! I should be able to give it votes for every good point. :D

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

thethatcher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thethatcher

I couldn't wear this shirt... I want to, but I can't.

oatmeal raisin cookies are the only kind of cookies I can have with my food allergies... that and snickerdoodle.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

Even the cookie is trying to spit out the raisins. Ptooey.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
tercelfish20 wrote:Simply beautiful. Love it!

Oh thanks, I really like this one.

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant
Re: Escape: Nowhere

This would even be a cool black velvet/glow-in-the-dark poster!

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
bloczyns wrote:In for three if this prints!

(ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease)

I second that! Please vote wooters. :D

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

slogger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slogger
Re: Tree Birds

Love this one. Hope it wins.

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
Re: braaaainbows!

Must have awesomest unicorn shirt ever.

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

glacian22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glacian22
Re: Rise Above

Ahhh! I wanted this one so much the first time around! People, vote this one up. I will give you cookies.