thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
truffleshuffle wrote:Here's my entry! Title: Even jalapenos run from them...

I really like the concept but the jalapeno is quite creepy to me. I think it's the legs making it look like some sort of grasshopper-pepper hybrid.

mattcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom

oooh boy, some good ones in this here derby. Now, time for a video game reference:

Also: Does anyone remember the print ready file size limit? I recall it was 15mb but i also remember something about a recent increase in max size to 20mb and under....am i ze crazy-timez?

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Hello. I'm trying to get some general feedback for this one- I know there are lots of obvious things to do (it's about 8 or 9 colors now and some parts aren't even colored, etc.), but in general, what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks!

kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
BambooDrew wrote:Rather than defending work by an overhyped artist why don't you look at the actual work. I never said I could draw better but i sure can pick out better complementing colors.
BTW he basically drew a prescription label on the grape jelly.

I'm not defending the work, I'm simply defending his thought process. the artist evidently referred to an actual jelly jar, given the attendance of the nutrition facts or "prescription" as you like to call it.

it's not going in a museum so chill with the complimentary colors thing, it's a visual joke... on a shirt...
and if anyone can't gather that he's grape jelly through context of hanging out with peanuts and bread, then they should consider revising their thought process before laying into others'

JenXer74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JenXer74

I don't get to play this week, due to a new computer that doesn't play well with Photoshop OR my tablet! D:

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
walmazan wrote:Guys, which one you prefer?

A smart cookie

Isn't it delicious

I was thinking just submit one more, but I love both they was sitting in my sketch book for a long time, I hope you like it!

I love both of these so much, Walmazan! I think both would do super well. The Einstein cookie would be a hit with mathers, and the little Marylin cupcake is awesome for girls. Sub both! :D :D :D

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati

A smart cookie!

A smart cookie

Isn't it delicious

I was thinking just submit one more, but I love both they was sitting in my sketch book for a long time, I hope you like it!

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
mattcom wrote:oooh boy, some good ones in this here derby. Now, time for a video game reference:

As a Nintendo fan, I really like this, though I think it walks the edge with regards to the theme. Yes, mushrooms are food but I never considered the ones in the games to be food per se and looking at this design just doesn't say "food acting like people" to me. Probably just my thinking; good luck!

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati

Excellent concept! As someone said before, I think the jalapeno may be better off with a shade of green.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

I think I'm done. Here's my two entries

odysseyroc

Looks great, I'd buy one if it printed.

mattcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
thewronggrape wrote:As a Nintendo fan, I really like this, though I think it walks the edge with regards to the theme. Yes, mushrooms are food but I never considered the ones in the games to be food per se and looking at this design just doesn't say "food acting like people" to me. Probably just my thinking; good luck!

Whats more human than VENGEANCE? ;)

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
odysseyroc wrote:I think I'm done. Here's my two entries

I like the willy wonka one!

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172

And another one..

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

A smart cookie

¡Me gusta!

Isn't it delicious

¡Me gusta más!

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg

Mmmm, Ghost Peppers...until recently, the spiciest pepper in the world. There's a palce by my house that is scheduled to appear on Man vs Food, with the challenge being to eat their Ghost Pepper Wings. I love spicy foods, but for the record, I'd run from these too!

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel

Thanks so much for the feedback, everyone :-) I felt like the vertical composition was workin' out okay, so I kept that... here's [hopefully!] the final version.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
odysseyroc wrote:I think I'm done. Here's my two entries

I'm missing what the brown liquid references. liquor is quicker?

And yes I'm embarrassed that I can think of it.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Some cute entries in here!

Didn't get to use the extra time, unfortunately, but I did make an entry.
Any ideas for a title?

odysseyroc

blanked wrote:I'm missing what the brown liquid references. liquor is quicker?

And yes I'm embarrassed that I can think of it.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
rglee129 wrote:... but in general, what are your thoughts on this?

I love your robots and I love your foods, but I'm really not feeling keen on the two being mixed here.

Perhaps something more happy fun silly?

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
walmazan wrote:This week I have a collab with my friend Kevlar51 and We are so exited!

Haha, love it!

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

This thread is titled Derby #201, but isn't it #202?

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

A smart cookie

Isn't it delicious

Oh, please not another cupcake. Nerdy wins over cute every time!

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

bakbam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bakbam

[quote postid="4500211" user="walmazan"]Guys, which one you prefer?

A smart cookie

Isn't it delicious

I like the cupcake better. I could picture a whole dance hall filled with little ballerina cupcakes, but then I looked at the drawing again and realized it was MM.

jwaal

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal
kevlar51 wrote:

You might consider getting rid of the period since it's not a sentence.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5

A smart cookie

Isn't it delicious

I love your stuff, and I can see that it's two different concepts, but visually, the Marilyn Monroe one is just too similar to Fresh Cake for my taste. (Loved Fresh Cake BTW!)

tiffanyniitani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiffanyniitani

A smart cookie

Isn't it delicious

Smart Cookie is my favorite.

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Naolito wrote:Here is mine this week, not sure about the title though.
Some options are: Anorexic model, liposuction,.. any ideas??

5 colors on red

Delicious Diva

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

Here is my entry this week. It's simple, but it gets the "point" across.

Cheers!

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Spiritgreen wrote:@thatrobert, yes I understand it fine. And it's very, very naughty. ;)

Here's the new take on my milk & cookie cops idea...

Fruit is NOT a snack

I had a slightly different tact for this design, what if you focussed more on the milk and cookies team rather than their opponents?
Just give it a title to reinforce that aspect
"Teamwork"
"perfect partners"
etc
You could re-add the city scape and then maybe put the "no fruit" symbols as graffiti on some walls, just kinda discreetly so it just adds another layer to the joke...

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

creativehack

Here's some progress on mine...

Have just scanned a rough sketch, need to clean up and add some elements (legs any one...?)

early thoughts?

Note: have switched the crinkle cut fry for a round crisp but didn't save a preview image yet

creativehack

mattcom wrote:oooh boy, some good ones in this here derby. Now, time for a video game reference:

Also: Does anyone remember the print ready file size limit? I recall it was 15mb but i also remember something about a recent increase in max size to 20mb and under....am i ze crazy-timez?

I think it's 20mb
but you can still email the print-file if it's still too large
Just ensure you name the email correctly so they can put the email and submission together

raerae104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raerae104

A smart cookie

Isn't it delicious

I love both of these, but I have to be honest I had a hard time identifying the mm reference. Probably because the cupcake looks like its wearing just a skirt instead of the iconic halter dress and because the grate under her is a little hard to spot. And this is totally beside the point because I like smart cookie better but as a physics nerd I'm a little bothered by the atom on the cookie while he's writing a theorem on the speed of light.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

They're both great, but I would for sure purchase Isn't it delicious.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

A smart cookie

Isn't it delicious

Submit both! They are both awesome!

burnapaperzach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burnapaperzach

this is what i have so far - "popsicle poindexter"

you think i should keep it simple like this or add some shading? the only thing i was planning to do was add a shadow on the ground

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
burnapaperzach wrote:this is what i have so far - "popsicle poindexter"

you think i should keep it simple like this or add some shading? the only thing i was planning to do was add a shadow on the ground

You might want to choose either a much brighter red, a different color like purple or green, or add shading... because right now it looks like a hotdog not a popsicle.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
DianaSprinkle wrote:You might want to choose either a much brighter red, a different color like purple or green, or add shading... because right now it looks like a hotdog not a popsicle.

I was just about to write the same thing.

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
JadenKale wrote:I was just about to write the same thing.

I haven't been able to enter a derby in several weeks. Here is my entry titled "Salsa Samba!" Let my know what you guys think.