+ Add a Comment

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: A rough life

I don't think this is going to make sense to the average person, the karts are tiny and blend in with the trees. It just looks like a bananna peel on a road, which doesn't make much sense.

I guess the art doesn't offend me as much as it usually does, though that tree background does look an aweful lot like the same tree background he puts on everything, heh

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

No button eyes!! Yess!!

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: Cookiethulhu

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, you have cookie monster in space. On the other, cthulhu. But together? That's just weird. I hafta say I don't like it.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 152 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
backliteyes wrote:I want to like this because it's cute despite the content, but I just can't. I agree with the comments about it being a bit suggestive, but that's not my primary issue with it.

The primary issue is it's hard to follow/too niche. That makes the t-shirt hard to "read", and that makes for designs that don't print.

More specifically, unless you're already familiar with octo-hotdogs, you're not going to know what this thing is, your best guess will be a pink octopus or squid. In the context of the theme it's a stretch in my opinion. It's not anthropomorphic food so much as food animal-pomorphizing (that's not a word, but you get the idea) as an octopus, which is then anthropomorphized with the facial expression.

I don't mean to rag on you, it's just that I've liked a lot of your designs and your best ones (and the ones that do well) are the ones that read easily.

LOL, I agree with you. But my brain defeats me most of the time when I go to make these designs. A quirk of how I make stuff. I really do try and reel it in and make non-niche designs but what I end up making is still sort of strange and odd. I'm glad you like some of them.

I have some ideas on how to twist the oddness to my advantage and I've also tried not being so odd with mixed results. Sorry this one doesn't work well for you, but thanks for taking the time to comment. It's good to hear from other people on how my designs are working or not working.

Sometimes when I make something like this (a design I know is a little... er whatever it is) I figure that since it's finished I should just post and see what people think. =D It's one of the nice things about the derby is getting another people's perspective on what you've made.

Thanks again for the comment.

lilaviel

Re: lactose intolerant!

This made me laugh and cry. Still, poor milk.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Sweeet!!!

amazing work!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
BootsBoots wrote:Is he upside down or are you upside down? O_O

Sonuva--it's like one of those optical illusion things. I saw the doughnut hole as his mouth and his actual mouth as his eyebrows. After your comment of genuine bemusement I kept staring at and I _finally_ saw the intended version. My week needs to end, seriously. I'm seeing upside down doughnuts where they don't exist :P

lilaviel

Re: A rough life

Why do you need to include the speech bubble "sigh" ? I don't get this shirt. Why is it in the fog? Your entries this week frustrate me ramyb. I know you've done better. So why don't you do better?

lilaviel

Re: Doughnut Lobotomy

I love it. It's clever and funny.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: served

very wearable design. gmv!!

blukat44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blukat44
Re: One smart cookie

I want this so bad! I have your nude cupcake one, and this would be an awesome shirt to add to my collection.

Coffeesloth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coffeesloth
Johndis5 wrote:Have you seen this?

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=6727

The right side of both shirts is pretty damn similar.

I disagree, its not that similar...

lilaviel

Re: In the Library With the Wrench

It took me a moment to get it, but I LOVE it! I want this shirt! It's very clever.

lilaviel

zachss514 wrote:but why brown?

I actually feel that the brown fits this shirt design. I usually hate brown shirts, but this is one where the design fits the shirt color. Especially since it feels like a guys' shirt. But that's just me.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: Vicious cherry

Someone needs to poke it, or squish it...or POP it...or something.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: The One-Upper

Boy, y'all are really awful at complaining about ramy' designs. Where's all the righteous complaints? "oh, the light is clearly coming from above, yet, he has highlights on the front" where are those kind of cries?

-it's harder when he's actually done something reasonably cleverly double-reference-ish, though, isn't it?

hats off, mr ramy.

walmazan

Re: Smoothie Criminal

This is so good!

voted!!

lilaviel

Re: Octo-hotdog

Squee! It's so cute!

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Lemon Meringue Octopie

Interesting idea, I like it a lot!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
IndependentVik wrote:Sonuva--it's like one of those optical illusion things. I saw the doughnut hole as his mouth and his actual mouth as his eyebrows. After your comment of genuine bemusement I kept staring at and I _finally_ saw the intended version. My week needs to end, seriously. I'm seeing upside down doughnuts where they don't exist :P

Lol! Don't feel bad. After your comment, I looked at it and I totally saw what you were seeing. I couldn't just come out and tell you that, though. It's not my way! ;)

walmazan

Re: Soupuku

HAHHHAHAHAHAHA!

I love your work Bassa!

+1

lilaviel

Re: At least it's healthy

No, ramy. Just no. No. No.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

I got it immediately (and thought to myself "that's clever") but I'm not certain I would've understood the joke without the shirt title. Just my two cents.

lilaviel

Re: Not This Time, Fat Boy

Now THIS is a Super Mario reference I will buy. I like it! I also like that it reminds me of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: The Unhappy Meal

The textures that your designs have are amazing.

walmazan

Re: McFly

hahahahahahahaha!

This deserve to print! loooooove it!

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
taternuggets wrote:Collaboration between myself and Ignorant.

I think you did a fine job taternuggets, GMV

sTyLeS

Re: Spud Bather

I'd bake that.

BambooDrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BambooDrew
Johndis5 wrote:Have you seen this?

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=6727

The right side of both shirts is pretty damn similar.

yet two different ideas.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Scrumptious

I used to keep a stash of these guys in my pantry.

Aaaand 20 lbs later, I no longer do that, haha! Great stuff, kevlar. This is a great representation of the king (or queen) of all cookies!

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw

I am still confused after reading comments. Why is it a green and red mushroom? I figure it has something to do with Mario, but I don't under how that compares 1-up to one-upping someone. The green mushroom gives you an extra life where as the red mushroom makes Mario bigger, right? Maybe it's just going over my head.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

@JesseBYAH, Naolito, expo01 and bottlehed - thanks SO much! I had some late nighters getting the lighting and fur how I wanted it. I appreciate your comments a whole lot.

@marzipanapple, why I oughta!... well, thanks for the critique. I could probably give you my own reasons for everything you don't like about it but maybe the bottom line is that when you're having fun drawing something, you make choices with a less critical eye? I don't know. I still wouldn't necessarily change anything about it. :P

BambooDrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BambooDrew

I like the concept but the two different parts look like they were created by two different artists. The cookie sticks out like a sore thumb with its plasticy colors and its beady eyes. They really don't match. If you made the cookie more in the style of the monster the shirt wwould look a lot better imo.

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
Re: He's so Happy

i love this!!!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: No Food or Drink

They're so sad! I think the expressions are prefect.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Food of the Future

Oh no you didn't. Fishbiscuit goes meta.

Is that the right word? Or is this self-referential and post-modern? Something clever is happening... I shall now post a smiley and cast my vote before embarrassing myself further.

:-p

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
Re: Forbidden Fruit

man, that snake is really cool...nice work!

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw

You know, this is pretty great. It reminds me of the Cookie Monster song where he really does eat the moon! Except you made it the Earth, which makes sense with the Cthulu reference.

And if you don't remember the song, let me remind you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoNAT8ZYbvw

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Bento Baby

this is fantastic, and its making me hungry. ^_^

sTyLeS

Re: One Bad Apple

I don't believe that's a shirt color that woot offers.
They have "Grass", "Kelly", and "Olive"...but I'm not seeing a "Reheated Split Pea Soup" offered.