Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
JadenKale wrote:I think it'll get rejected more for a woot reference, since "YAY Broccoli!" was a woot tee.

i thinking rejection for woot reference, also.

spanchenblow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spanchenblow
Re: A rough life

It's interesting how his submissions (when there are more than one) tend to be very close in number of votes. He knows his demographic...

Anyway, this design seems lazy. Hoping for another 'School' cha-ching? I don't see it happening with this design, but who knows (I hope not - it's not deserving, IMO).

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Doughnut Lobotomy

Nice. I'm always jumping the fence with your stuff - love/hate thing. This is cute, funny, somewhat disturbing. Perfect. And while it's reminiscent of Donut Panic, I consider that more of an homage, or even chance resemblance. It is Dougnut Day, after all - why wouldn't it come to mind? I have to agree that the text seems unnecessary. The brain/donut hole in the jar seems to do it.

spanchenblow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spanchenblow
Re: In the Library With the Wrench

I'm not sure if I'd wear it, but I love it! And it's not just the concept - the colors are spiffy, too.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Re: Sweeet!!!

This is extremely cool! I wish I could vote 20 times.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
seanpsimmons wrote:Why does an apple have a windows logo on it?

Yeah, with everyone taling about green lantern/superhero movies I was wondering how long it was going to take someone to bring up the windows logo and the apparent lack of anything apple (which is what I was expecting).

mrwednesday

Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges

I'd be shocked if this didn't print. Simple, straightforward and the colors look excellent.

wootertim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootertim
chennai8 wrote:that's dirty :O

Indeed :-P

Nice design - i like it, too! But imho her shadow on his face and the shadow on the ground does not match :-(

P.S. I hope you get what i mean. English is not my native language.

burnapaperzach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burnapaperzach
Re: Popsicle Poindexter

Hope you guys like it! Cheers

burnapaperzach

Re: Bratoberfest

haha this is awesome!!

burnapaperzach

Re: Oh!

haha nice!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Epic Win, Ketchup Loss...

Fork You!
BlindDog3D

burnapaperzach

Re: Epic Win, Ketchup Loss...

great textures

paigeg

Re: sushi!

So glad to see this fogged. Didn't get a chance to comment pre-derby, but I love the design. My only hitch, like some others, is the shirt color choice. One of the greens would have POPPED that salmony shrimp pink. Even the grays would work for me (did I say that out loud? ME? I have TOO MANY GRAY SHIRTS!). I'm not a brown hater. I have several brown shirts. But for me, the brown isn't the best choice, here.

paigeg

Re: Cheddar Power

I don't do cheese, so I'm rootin' for the grater-ninja!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: The Green Apple

seanpsimmons wrote:Why does an apple have a windows logo on it?

Sweet! Two more trademarks accidentally violated!

mrwednesday wrote:Yeah, with everyone taling about green lantern/superhero movies I was wondering how long it was going to take someone to bring up the windows logo and the apparent lack of anything apple (which is what I was expecting).

I didn't even think of Windows' crappy logo but I did think that since this is an apple somebody would say something about Apple.

burnapaperzach

Re: Cheddar Power

this is so great

blinddog3d

Re: iScream2-Chocolate

Much, much better!
gmv

paigeg

paigeg wrote:Lol-some! But now I'm craving a dirty-water dog.

BTW, I HATE white shirts, but if this prints, I might just have to suck it up and do it. Is there ANY way you could do it on silver? Have a heart - I'm a girl (bra issues) and messy. SRSLY!

mrwednesday

Re: At least it's healthy

It should be rejected for similar shirts existing (two of them). I think it will probably get rejected because not even woot is that soulless.

paigeg

Johndis5 wrote:With the exception of Michael Keaton Batman and Nolan's reboots, all super hero movies have horrible abominations of craptastic cinema.

Dood. I mean, really? STOP already. This Derby specifically allowed pop culture references. Get off that horse, OK? It's too tall for you.
>Respectfully submitted - no offense to the person, but to the post.<

blinddog3d

Re: Smoothie Criminal

Annie, are you OK? Are you OK, Annie?

paigeg

Re: who cut the cheese

Your linework is somewhat odd, but I voted. And dood - vote for your own design!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

this is one of my favorites!

+1

paigeg

Re: scientifically produced animal matter

Thank GOD I know that SPAM really means 'Shoulder of Pork and Ham', or at leat, Spiced Ham. Otherwise, I'm getting Soylent Green creep-vibes.

paigeg

Re: Food Fight!!!!

The flatness of the drawing is great, but begs for some context - a background. Just a hint of one.
For me, gray shirts are mostly verboten - I have so many asphalt shirts that I'm practically lobbying to have them banned. Still, this is a fun design. Good luck!
/edit to add I get the gray here - the pink is friggin nice with it. Just a personal bias, honest.

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
jboshaw wrote:I am still confused after reading comments. Why is it a green and red mushroom? I figure it has something to do with Mario, but I don't under how that compares 1-up to one-upping someone. The green mushroom gives you an extra life where as the red mushroom makes Mario bigger, right? Maybe it's just going over my head.

It's a pun.

jlegos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlegos
Re: What would YOU do?

collaboration with ramy- we hope you like it!

burnapaperzach

thanks so much walmazan, it's an honor!

paigeg

sTyLeS wrote:I don't believe that's a shirt color that woot offers.
They have "Grass", "Kelly", and "Olive"...but I'm not seeing a "Reheated Split Pea Soup" offered.

Can't sample it cause I don't have PS on the laptop, but I think this designer was going for olive.
Dood, the new templates have the color codes on them. Check it. If it isn't right, fix and resub. I do like the way you executed this design. My only other suggestion would be (story) context. One bad apple does what?

stella0930

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stella0930
Re: Doughnut Lobotomy

This reminds me of the movie "Cold Soul"...

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Leahbh wrote:I thought this was a bootsboots design.

That's probably because Boots steals all my good ideas. Seriously, that's a huge compliment since she is one of my favorite designers.

merzzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merzzie
Re: What would YOU do?

Flippin' sweet idea. I'd make the image a little bigger though on the shirt, but that's just me.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: The Bad Ship Lollipop

The good ship's evil twin.

innocenttrickster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages innocenttrickster

Niche it may be, but I think it's one of my favorite designs in this derby. I think there are more people that will "get it" than you think and I hope I get to buy this one

paigeg

chumpmagic wrote:

And by , I think you mean 'over it'?

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: napoleon!

extremely clever--nice work as always, Roger

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Food of the Future

this is tremendous