smygirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smygirl
Re: Why Food Hates Us.

Love it!!

ericmullins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericmullins
Re: We All Scream...

This is my first derby entry ever. Any advice, suggestions or critiques are welcome and would be appreciated.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: We All Scream...

This is very, very cute. You need to change your gradients into halftones, though. Do it quick before it is rejected! Look up how to do it on Google if you don't know how (that's how I learned)

Also, it will get lots of votes if you use the shirt color to blend the design into the shirt. Try to get rid of the boxed-in look that way. If you can do that, I think this will do well

*p.s I'll try to help you with the halftones if you need it, send me a message*

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
ochopika wrote:"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." -Carl Sagan

(if you are unfamiliar with this, you MUST watch it. It will make you even smarter.)

THIS

I watched/listened to all of Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" while working on this, it was great and now I feel spacey.

Also, most apple pie recipes don't have eggs. I didn't know this before. There used to be an egg there.

*edited for rambling*

Funny, I felt spacey after listening to just the one you linked too...and immediately favorited that vid for future watching pleasure! Cool concept, and I thouroughly enjoyed the backstory!

Off-topic, but THIS is my favorite auto-tuned song-thing...

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Kings of the food pyramid

They insulted the ravioli's mother.

babitha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babitha
Re: Green with Envy

Simply a great idea!

ochopika

Staff

DianaSprinkle wrote:Oh god this is so cute. LOL normally I hate pink but this is awesome. DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE PINK!

That's what I always say! You tell 'em.

ochopika

Staff

laggyg wrote:Funny, I felt spacey after listening to just the one you linked too...and immediately favorited that vid for future watching pleasure! Cool concept, and I thouroughly enjoyed the backstory!

Off-topic, but THIS is my favorite auto-tuned song-thing...

Thank you, Mr.Laggyg! If you haven't already, you should watch the real Cosmos series! They are all on Hulu now. The episode with the pie quote is hilariously dramatic. I think it is episode 9 or 10? They're all good anyway, if you are a geek like I am.

One more gargleblaster your video has all the videos I watch, but at the same time. How great.

yakimikku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakimikku
Re: A rough life

awwwwwwww!!!! poor cute lil banana peel!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Fresh Picked Broccoli

I get no thumbnail using chrome or IE.

move along

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Bratoberfest

Thank you, guys for all the feedback! I really appreciate it!

ericmullins

ochopika wrote:This is very, very cute. You need to change your gradients into halftones, though. Do it quick before it is rejected! Look up how to do it on Google if you don't know how (that's how I learned)

Also, it will get lots of votes if you use the shirt color to blend the design into the shirt. Try to get rid of the boxed-in look that way. If you can do that, I think this will do well

*p.s I'll try to help you with the halftones if you need it, send me a message*

Oh, it's half toned. Maybe I should post some detail shots, like I've seen others do,to avoid rejectionation.

Yeah, I'll fiddle with the edges to see if I can come up with a better looking outside shape. Thanks for the advice.

thelostprophetx0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelostprophetx0
Re: Eat More Meat!

Poor lettuce!! Feedback welcome! I like this design waaayyyy better than my other one this time around

yakimikku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakimikku
Re: At least it's healthy

HAHAHHAHA LOVE IT!!! :D

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Raspberry Brains

"Raspberry Brains"

Happy National Doughnut Day!

laggyg

creativehack wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to complain that the "1-up" mushroom is actually trying to get two up on the red (faster AND incapacitated)

I would SWEAR there were mushrooms that gave "2-ups" at one point in Mario's history, but I can't seem to find an image for the life of me...(no pun intended, really, I swear!)

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: lactose intolerant!

This design makes me laugh every time I look at it. I feel so sorry for the milk, though. Aww.

YinofYang

Re: Not that Easy

I agree, that saying is bogus. I tried making an apple pie and well, someone lied. It was not easy at all.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
ericmullins wrote:Oh, it's half toned. Maybe I should post some detail shots, like I've seen others do,to avoid rejectionation.

Yeah, I'll fiddle with the edges to see if I can come up with a better looking outside shape. Thanks for the advice.

I'd suggest dropping most of the background. The way you have it now is very faithful to the original, but it doesn't work well on a shirt. An alternative solution would be to deliberately frame it, i.e. put an illustrated frame around the box. In that case, you should scale down the "painting" so it isn't all over the front of the shirt, but just kind of hangs in the center atop the chest or something.

This is pretty cool though. Well drawn, and a clever idea.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

YinofYang

Re: Bento Baby

I'd buy this shirt in a heartbeat. Super cute but not in a "so cute I'm going into a diabetic coma cute." If it doesn't print here, I hope it will print elsewhere.

thelostprophetx0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelostprophetx0
paigeg wrote:The flatness of the drawing is great, but begs for some context - a background. Just a hint of one.
For me, gray shirts are mostly verboten - I have so many asphalt shirts that I'm practically lobbying to have them banned. Still, this is a fun design. Good luck!
/edit to add I get the gray here - the pink is friggin nice with it. Just a personal bias, honest.

Thanks for the feedback! I was considering doing a boxing ring but opted out.. maybe I'll try out a V2 this weekend? I agree on the gray shirts though, too many, but I thought it looked best for this design. Thanks again!

laggyg

Jjjjjjjjeeeeelllllllllyyyyyyyy...
JJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
*drool*

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Hooray! Fable Fire is back! =)

Oh, and I even like the entry into the derby.

j5

Re: McFly

splendid

move along

ochopika

Staff

ericmullins wrote:Oh, it's half toned. Maybe I should post some detail shots, like I've seen others do,to avoid rejectionation.

Oh, good! Posting details is a good idea, also make sure that your gradients' dots aren't too small. I can't see them from the image, so they might be, or maybe you're just that good

A good output LPI for screen printing is 41. At least that's what I've read.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Cookiethulhu

Arguably (not that anyone cares to reason these things through) the earth being a cookie with a face doesn't make this anthropomorphic food. Though either way, this isn't a shirt about that anyway... it's a shirt about a cookie monster pun.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges

WHEN this prints i shall purchase it.

AdderXYU

Re: Reservoir Hot Dogs

honestly one of the better pop pieces I've seen recently. But really, the dude holding the ketchup should not be the bleeding one. That detail makes it a bit off to me.

j5

Reminds me of Cookie Jarvis

move along

anguyen629

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anguyen629
Re: The Siege

this is soooo cute!

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Raspberry brains? The kind you find in a second hand store?

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
Leahbh wrote:i thinking rejection for woot reference, also.

It references two woot shirts, actually. Both Yay Broccoli and The Cake is a Liar. I'll be surprised if this gets past the rejectionator.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Grilled

LOL I love it, Omni! :D

AdderXYU

Re: Forever Banana

I have no idea why this is so enthralling. But woot needs more weirdness, so I'm for it.

lovemedusa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lovemedusa

BEST. SHIRT. EVAR!

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb
Re: Fresh Picked Broccoli

I'm getting a thumbnail in Safari, but not in Firefox.

elliotspectre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elliotspectre

Not that original, its really hard to post original zombie entries because it has soo OVERDONE. Infact, http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/donut-panic, is all the more better for not having used zombies.

I am not saying zombies are bad, this just doesnt pull it off.

ericmullins

eHalcyon wrote:I'd suggest dropping most of the background. The way you have it now is very faithful to the original, but it doesn't work well on a shirt. An alternative solution would be to deliberately frame it, i.e. put an illustrated frame around the box. In that case, you should scale down the "painting" so it isn't all over the front of the shirt, but just kind of hangs in the center atop the chest or something.

This is pretty cool though. Well drawn, and a clever idea.

I had considered making a baroque looking frame around the "painting," but had rejected the idea since I thought it would make the whole image too small. Your idea of cropping it and making the background smaller would actually make the frame idea plausible. Good suggestion. I think I might go back and sort of do both: make the ice cream guy bigger and also crop/shrink the landscape along with the frame.

backliteyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backliteyes
paigeg wrote:BTW, I HATE white shirts, but if this prints, I might just have to suck it up and do it. Is there ANY way you could do it on silver? Have a heart - I'm a girl (bra issues) and messy. SRSLY!

Just wear a thin layering tank underneath it, that's what I do. Solves all your problems.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: who cut the cheese

I know you only have 6 colors, but I really wish your crackers didn't look so unappetizing.