Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87
Re: In the Library With the Wrench

Love it!

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: The Masher

With the red outline the wire masher looks like is is red hot. But then again who likes cold mashed potatoes.

backliteyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backliteyes
thewronggrape wrote:As soon as I saw this I thought of an octo-dog.

I asked my guy what he thought it was a picture of (while covering the text) and he said "a penis?"

TOO FUNNY. After I read that I had to ask my boyfriend, also covering the title. His first guess was "An octopus" followed quickly by "Or a squid?"

I guess he's a relatively clean-minded guy, lol.

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
polluxoil wrote:It references two woot shirts, actually. Both Yay Broccoli and The Cake is a Liar. I'll be surprised if this gets past the rejectionator.

Wait, so simply including broccoli makes it a reference to another shirt about broccoli? Hasn't nearly every food in the derby been anthropomorphized on Woot at some point in the past?

The "cake is a lie" idiom did not originate on Woot, so it is hard to believe that any reference to it can be taken as a Woot reference. It's not like they reject every entry referencing Poe's "The Raven."

Don't get me wrong; I'm not particularly excited by this design, but these responses come across as nothing but petty Ramybashing.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: Food Groups!

I had a feeling this would flop. :-(

backliteyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backliteyes
Re: Sweating

I'm getting more of depressed watermelon vibe off of this.

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
Re: In the Library With the Wrench

It's frickin Col. Mustard! This better win (or at least, place very very high). Got my vote!

And yes, besides the pop culture reference, very well executed. Bravo

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
holothuria wrote:Wait, so simply including broccoli makes it a reference to another shirt about broccoli? Hasn't nearly every food in the derby been anthropomorphized on Woot at some point in the past?

The "cake is a lie" idiom did not originate on Woot, so it is hard to believe that any reference to it can be taken as a Woot reference. It's not like they reject every entry referencing Poe's "The Raven."

Don't get me wrong; I'm not particularly excited by this design, but these responses come across as nothing but petty Ramybashing.

It's directly referencing the YAY Broccoli print I posted earlier, down to the face and such. Besides the fact he's referencing 2 woot tees, and that's basically a violation of their own rule: No woot references, it's very likely they will meet on this and reject it by Monday.

That's not Ramy-bashing, it's based on the rules and previous derby etiquette.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: Cheddar Power

I like this SO SO MUCH. It's just BRILLIANT. GMV.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
vorteks wrote:I love Cave Johnson and Portal as much as the next guy, but I have to say the "anthropomorphic" part of this design seems like an afterthought.

I have to agree but Ramyb gets away with barely fitting his designs into the derby topics in almost every derby. Like Ramyb's design this is unoriginal, but unlike Ramyb's designs I actually like this.

Frankenstylin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frankenstylin
Re: Fresh Picked Broccoli

BOOOOOO! That's the WORST! I emailed them so have no fear.

frankenstylin.com

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Raspberry Brains

Yaaaaay Fable is back! :D :D :D

jackstar7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackstar7
Re: Notti Biscotti

I kinda want to know what else happens in that city...

Leggo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leggo
Re: The One-Upper

I love the mushrooms and want the shirt, but the text is way too long and the art placement is bad.

If he just said "Anything you can do I can do better" that would have been an improvement instead of the multiple attempts at the joke of the submitted image. Also, "He likes me better." would just be adorable.

The mushrooms are very tiny and would either be covered up by shoulder straps (if someone wears a backpack) or a jacket, and they pretty much would end up right on the nipples from what I could tell, making it an awkward shirt to wear for female wooters.

Bigger, more centered, and further down the shirt with a more concise joke would make this probably one of my top 5 favorite woot shirts ever.

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
JadenKale wrote:It's directly referencing the YAY Broccoli print I posted earlier, down to the face and such. Besides the fact he's referencing 2 woot tees, and that's basically a violation of their own rule: No woot references, it's very likely they will meet on this and reject it by Monday.

That's not Ramy-bashing, it's based on the rules and previous derby etiquette.

" . . . down to the face and such"? It's a drawing rather than a photo; it doesn't have the "Yay! It's broccoli!" text; the face is on a different part of the plant; the context and joke are entirely different; it's not even on the same color shirt. The face is the ONLY thing that is even somewhat similar, and--just a hunch--that may be because they're both based on human faces.

Clearly this shirt could never print: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=45015 . After all, it has broccoli, with a face and everything.

You were just about to explain how a reference to "the cake is a lie" is a reference to The Cake is a Liar, weren't you?

As you say, it is Woot's decision whether to reject this or not; what purpose is served in posting to say "it's very likely" that they will reject it, except to publicly denigrate and discourage the creator? Of course, feel however you want about the design and Ramyb in general, but at least learn to examine your motivations.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

kissman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kissman
Re: We All Scream...

I dig this, but I can't see myself wearing a shirt with a big 'ol rectangle on the front like that. Couldn't the area around the screaming cream maybe fade out or something? I really do like the concept and I think you have something here, but for me, I just can't get past it all being inside of a large rectangle (although I totally get why you did it that way).

kissman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kissman
Re: aaAAaaAAh

I would buy this. Cool design and it's absolutely true.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Soupuku

Thanks for the votes and comments everyone! I wanted to share a character here that was originally part of this design. In the end I went with a simpler direction for it though, so Eggu-san was left out. As you can see, he's pretty ticked about it.

lodestone2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lodestone2004
Re: donut eat donut

This is fantastic.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Oh!

This is great! I think it's my wife's favorite design this week (including both of mine).

lodestone2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lodestone2004

I would like this better without the text as the joke is better if it is only implied.

cbattles6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbattles6

I've been watching the derbies for a little while (since Amusement Park), and I've always wanted to vote in one. The problem is that I can't start voting until I buy a shirt, and I just haven't found one I've liked enough to buy. A few have come close, but I just have not been able to pull the trigger.

This shirt is absolutely incredible. Although I can't vote for it, I'm making an ironclad pledge right now -- if it prints, it'll by my first purchase on Shirt Woot. Good luck, guys.

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

- S U S H I ! -
Hope you enjoy the design. Please Vote.

burnapaperzach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burnapaperzach
Re: The Penitent Ham

i love this

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments everyone. I definitely wasn't expecting this to do so well - it staying in the fog has been a very pleasant surprise!

Vote!

herokenflatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages herokenflatt

Bloomin' Marvellous! I'd get that shirt too..

ericmullins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericmullins

Here's a few pics of the halftones used in this piece, o' dearest rejectionator.

ericmullins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericmullins

Here is a resub of my entry. It's a parody of Edvard Munch's world famous painting "The Scream".

rehialom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rehialom
Re: Scrumptious

i love how the cookie looks so jolly.

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion

This is my first entry, I'm rather excited.

The shirt depicts a scene of "Breakfast Noir," as Private Eye "Deviled" Ed Benedict assists the police in investigating why a prominent citizen has gone sunny side up.

...And don't worry, I've got more egg-based puns where those came from.

Good luck to all Derby entrants!

pappardelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pappardelle
Re: Kawaii Sushi (Asphalt)

If... this does not win please submit this somewhere else! So cute! <3

meatpopsicle333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meatpopsicle333

I have to suggestions One make the Donatello one look more like he is standing instead of lying down and turn Michelangelo around so we can see his face.

meatpopsicle333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meatpopsicle333

I have to suggestions One make the Donatello one look more like he is standing instead of lying down and turn Michelangelo around so we can see his face.

renovatioxii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renovatioxii

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
Re: Blind Date

I know what you're thinking and, yes, that is a seeing eye hot dog

Check out my Derby Shirt!

kevincrimi

Re: Alexander The Grape

MMMM This was the name of my favorite Otterpop flavor

kevincrimi

Re: Petrificus Tootalis - The Magical Fruit

I saw the word "petrify" and figured he was trying to give the guy an awkward boner. Then I saw the fart....

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Cookiethulhu

If Earth was cookie ♪
Me would bide me time ♪
And lay in old R'lyeh all covered in brine ♪
But when me wake up me have big appetite ♪
And finish Earth cookie in couple of bites ♪

Um num nummmm num num

naminamkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naminamkins
Re: Super Happy Yummy Cupcake

Duh. This is awesome!

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
Re: The One-Upper

I'm not too quick to jump on a Ramy design, and this is clever... however, it really shouldn't have to be explained and it does have to be.

I can do "THAT"... what can he do?

The Green mushrooms give an extra life (1 up) but you're comparing the two here.

Why not just have them both talking. Red one says "I make him big" Green one says, "Oh yeah, well I give him an extra life".

Just like Adder said, poorly done pun with a decent concept...

Everyone I wear this around would ask me, "What can he do 2 times faster, with his eyes closed? He doesn't do anything faster, he just gives extra lives...."