Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87
Re: What would YOU do?

Aw, that's cute

I think the most we can do for him, is to let him live o_o

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt
Re: The One-Upper

This is off-topic. These mushrooms are not edible.

Jae87

Re: sushi!

I love Sushi shirts! :D I hope this wins!

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

Jae87

Re: A rough life

Don't worry, Banana Peel... I don't want to run you over any more than you want to be run over!

--Jae

Jae87

Re: The One-Upper

Love it. I'm glad these types of mushrooms still count as Food

--Jae

Jae87

Re: We All Scream...

Revote for a Resub

--Jae

LegendaryGatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LegendaryGatz

Yes, yes, yes! GMV! This is perfect.

Jae87

Re: Carrot Crescendo Catastrophe

One day. . . That will be us.

--Jae

Jae87

Re: Memoirs of a Sushi

I love Sushi shirts! :D

--Jae

Jae87

Re: Bento Baby

Cute Onigiri is the best!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

--Jae

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
yankeebird wrote:Woot doesn't offer orange shirts any longer. You may get rejected for that. I'd suggest resubmitting on another color.

(They removed orange and one other color, which I currently can't remember, and added silver and slate.)

Heather grey was the second one.

Nothing follows.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Re: Cookiethulhu

Once again the completely overdone Cthulhu-themed shirt makes an appearance. And while I guess putting a small face on a cookie makes this anthropomorphic food it seems a bit 1ame.

Jae87

Re: At least it's healthy

Ah, I see- that's clever... Oh! Wait... no, I lied (like the cake). Been done too many times. Everyone needs to get over the fact that there was no cake, and move on to Portal 2 jokes.

Wheatley is a Liar! :D

--Jae

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz
Re: Doughnut Lobotomy

Partrickspens. I have loved almost every single one of your designs to death and own 4 of your shirts and I have to say... this is crap. Sorry but it's a recycled concept, it's not that amusing and the text just kills what little else it had going for it. Sorry Patrick. I look forward to your great entry in the next derby.

qwasdfz

Re: One smart cookie

Nice one walmazan! I like the design and the joke is clever, but I don't think I would ever wear it. I'm just mad your Godzilla shirt didn't win the silver screen derby. Guess I'll just have to wait for the double-take.

Jae87

Re: Octo-hotdog

Super cute! I love making Octodogs for my bento lunches! <3

--Jae

Jae87

Re: Trojan Cupcake

:D I like this shirt a LOT better than the "the cake is a lie" broccoli one. GMV! <3

--Jae

qwasdfz

[quote]Re: Cheddar Power
[/quote

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA CHEESE WHEELS, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA CHEESE WHEELS, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA CHEESE WHEELS! HEROES IN RUBBBER! CHEESE POWER! THEY'RE THE WORLDS MOST FEARSOME FIGHTING CHEESE! THEY'RE HEROES MADE OF DAIRY, AND THEY'RE YELLOW! WHEN THE CHEESE SHREDDER ATTACKS, THESE CHEESY BOYS DON'T CUT HIM NO SLACK!

Cowabunga dudes, cowabunga.

Jae87

Re: Raisin the Elderly

That sun looks pretty scary :O

--Jae

Jae87

Re: Your Argument is Invalid

This shirt has a picture of a Pickle reading a book. Your argument is invalid.

--Jae

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: The Siege

A gummy bear melee ... LOVE IT! GMV!

drinkingthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drinkingthesea
Re: Tea Types

I like the British one the best, but the chamomile flower is an adorable touch.

"Oh, for a horse with wings!!"

Narfcake

laggyg wrote:I get it because of the title, but it looks like more of a Pasta Jesus to me for some reason...

Ditto. And then there are the real pastafarians ...

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
renegadetim wrote:I just don't get this at all... I like the artwork, but the reference is lost on me... Anyone care to explain? Thanks!

The whole thing is based off of the revolution fist gesture of defiance and unity. I have seen it used promoting an actual revolution, within Shepard Fairey art, all the way to promote Fender guitars and beer.

I incorporated the hot dog for a hot dog revolution. "Grab you dogs and fight the man/burger/vegetarian" The hot dog is, of course, excited about having the attention.

Basically it boils down to this - I drew a happy hot dog and it needed something else with it. In typical "way I think" fashion, I threw something random in the mix. When I design, I honestly do not know what it is going to end up as. Sometimes I start drawing a cupcake and end up with a robot. The ol' No. 2 just works in a weird way in my hand.

I really appreciate that you like my artwork. I hope that hot dog lovers through out the Woot community will enjoy the design.

Please share the design if you want. I would love to get more votes.

natski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natski

I really like this shirt!! its awesome...I would buy it in bulk and give it to my friends and say "Wear this if you want to be awesome like me!!"

imagine77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imagine77
Re: Fresh Picked Broccoli

I'm getting no thumbnail in firefox either, voting anyway though. Good luck, a very fun image your first time out.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie

[quote postid="4502593" user="qwasdfz"]

Re: Cheddar Power
[/quote

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA CHEESE WHEELS, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA CHEESE WHEELS, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA CHEESE WHEELS! HEROES IN RUBBBER! CHEESE POWER! THEY'RE THE WORLDS MOST FEARSOME FIGHTING CHEESE! THEY'RE HEROES MADE OF DAIRY, AND THEY'RE YELLOW! WHEN THE CHEESE SHREDDER ATTACKS, THESE CHEESY BOYS DON'T CUT HIM NO SLACK!

Cowabunga dudes, cowabunga.

One more gargleblaster, that was a great comment. Thanks to everyone that has commented so far. It was a blast to make and I'm glad it's well liked.

Narfcake

Re: An Imbalanced Diet

GMV, because it's true. I know you were mainly using the blue for the sprinkles, but I feel that green would've been a better choice for the leaves and grass. Halftones (instead of another color) could've resolved the the shading aspect.

petitefilou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitefilou
Re: At least it's healthy

I saw this and went "seriously? who doesn't realise that joke is now painfully overused and completely unoriginal, awesome as it once was?"

And it was ramyb. And I didn't even see that coming. *facepalm*

*edit* I don't want to be harsh, and I don't want to hate. But this joke has been done to death, and its actually disappointing to see it here and unrejected because... no. Woot should be better than this.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: Pomegranate Problem

A pomegranate is the only fruit that would have this problem. It is the only fruit I know of where the seeds are the edible part.

Obviously only edible seeds would be capable of coming to life and escaping.

Are there any other fruits that have edible seeds?

Feel free to give feedback on this and my other design!

Tanapangarap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tanapangarap
Re: Not that Easy

The person who said that was probably a rich man who had servants bring him pie every morning.

Lucky.

Get with The Program.

epicfal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicfal
Re: Reservoir Hot Dogs

Great idea, and very well executed.

petitefilou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitefilou
Re: In the Library With the Wrench

I absolutely love this. My favourite tshirt in aaaaages on woot :D Unfortunately, I just can't wear brown *cries* But my flatmate will buy one, so I'm voting in for one!

bigfoot1107

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107
ochopika wrote:
...Are there any other fruits that have edible seeds?...

Cacao?

epicfal

laggyg wrote:Haters gonna hate...but I got the joke right away, and it got my vote right away. Well done pun.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

epicfal

Re: Strawberry Sabotage

I wasn't too crazy about the design until I found out what the writing means. That makes it amazing.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: We All Scream...

I re-voted as well!

The background looks better. I'd go as far as to make most of the brown of the bridge into the shirt color.

Your concept and artwork is very strong, and if the design were to completely lose the rectangle shape I think it would have a chance in the fog.

Don't worry about changing it again of course if you don't want to.

epicfal

Re: sushi!

I love that the fish has it's own face.

AN INCREDIBLY HAPPY FISHY FACE. <3

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Oh!

Awesome. And the more I think about it, the funnier this gets.

epicfal

Re: One smart cookie

There are a lot of good entries in this Derby, (it helps that I'm a fan of anthro food,) but this is BY FAR by favorite. Every detail is amazing. Especially the atom design on the cookie, which I didn't even notice at first.

And I have to say, I like that he's not chocolate flavored. Sandwich cookies are always pictured as chocolate, but my favorite ones are vanilla with lemon creme, and I have decided he is one of them.

If/when this prints, I will buy one for myself, and probably more to give as gifts.