verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury
laggyg wrote:I'm trying so hard to come up with a Pasta-Jebus pun but my brain says no dice. Help? =P

"This is My sauce. Eat it in memory of Me."

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
Re: Not that Easy

If this goes to print, I may have to buy it for my mom, who insists on responding to some questions with "I'm easy," partially in spite of and partially *because of* the sexual innuendo.

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
paigeg wrote:Lovin' me some Big Daddy style! (BTW, check out the link in my sig).
+1

Hey I hit you back in your link thread. Sounds like fun!!!!!!!

midori786

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midori786
wootertim wrote:Indeed :-P

Nice design - i like it, too! But imho her shadow on his face and the shadow on the ground does not match :-(

P.S. I hope you get what i mean. English is not my native language.

I agree. It kinda ruins the shirt once you notice the shadows don't match up. The ground shadows should be behind the oreos.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: five characters in search of an exit

This is awesome, I would like a print of this design.

Got my vote!

Please vote!

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
jmmbell1987 wrote:I usually dig your work, SG, but I can't get behind this. It comes off as thoughtlessly pandering, and it's barely on theme, as much as slapping a kawaii face onto a cookie to shoehorn it on theme can be.

Yes, everything in Sesame Street has a face. So why is he Cthulhu? It's a hodgepodge of hastily slapped together elements that have been popular on woot in the past, with the cookie's face thrown in to make it on theme. Yes, the illustration in and of itself is good, but I can't say I'm a fan of this design.

I can't believe I'm going to say this...I agree with jmmbell1987 100%. It's pandering, forced and has a Cthulhu (the new lolcat)as a bonus.

bridgettann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bridgettann
Re: How? is that? even possible?

the concept is cute, but the execution is off

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: mr apple has a shaving mishap

Oh his poor face! The pink undertones on his freshly shaven face make this all the more disturbing (and fantastic).

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
walmazan wrote:I love it and I love your color palete too!

Thanks! You've got two great entries in this weeks comp. Best of luck.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Thanks everyone. Your comments and support mean a lot!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Anorexic model

Not just a strong, appealing image but it has a very meaningful concept too. That's talent. :^)

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
qwasdfz wrote:Partrickspens. I have loved almost every single one of your designs to death and own 4 of your shirts and I have to say... this is crap. Sorry but it's a recycled concept, it's not that amusing and the text just kills what little else it had going for it. Sorry Patrick. I look forward to your great entry in the next derby.

I couldn't agree more. I was clicking on thumbnails to see which was Patrick's entry this week. I almost didn't bother clicking on this one 'cause I thought there was no way it could be his. Oh well... there's always next week.

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87
Re: Marshmallow Doom

This Shirt brought to you by... my sadistic mind while roasting marshmallows last night >:3

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

stewdavis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stewdavis

[Not only is the shirt cool, but you picked my favorite one: Samoas. Way to go.

stewdavis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stewdavis
Re: Misfortune

I hope you win. This shirt is really funny and clever. Plus, I want it. Props to you.

naeylonsidhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naeylonsidhe
Re: Big Damn Heros

Ain't we just!

Kinuven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kinuven

This is the best shirt ever.

ochopika wrote:"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." -Carl Sagan

(if you are unfamiliar with this, you MUST watch it. It will make you even smarter.)

THIS

I watched/listened to all of Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" while working on this, it was great and now I feel spacey.

Also, most apple pie recipes don't have eggs. I didn't know this before. There used to be an egg there.

*edited for rambling*

wootertim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootertim
midori786 wrote:I agree. It kinda ruins the shirt once you notice the shadows don't match up. The ground shadows should be behind the oreos.

Well, i am still hoping that there will be a "version 2" *sigh* But if that does not happen - this idea is so great, i would buy this shirt nevertheless :-)

siepoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siepoc

I LOVE it! It's the best design in the whole competition!! Okay... maybe I am a little biased ;P

zalameria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zalameria
Re: Orange Juice

oh c'mon! its not bad! I would totally buy one!

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
megsck wrote:dont know why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over the two elements not going together. to me this is very simple, if you wanted to make the cookie monster cuthulhu, then of course the earth would be a cookie. this is completely logical to me.

I think you are missing the point, though. That part of Cthulhu and the Earth being what they are is "fine"(though arguably overdone and the reference just seems forced in there); rather, and the reason it should be rejected, is that, as mentioned by many others previously, the cookie is not "anthropomorphic" and thus, this shirt is off-topic.

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

Je5ster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Je5ster

I must have this shirt!

Je5ster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Je5ster
Re: Hitchhiking jalapeno ghost peppers

I must have this shirt!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Tuscany Basket Tour

huh? ubhape2.com?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
fishbiscuit5 wrote:All food in the future will be wearing socks. Now you know. :D

I imagine this done in a MORE YOU KNOW... type infomercial.

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
tazfreeatlast wrote:The food pyramid is getting replaced. It looks like you'll have to submit 'king of the food plate' next time. :-(

Maybe this is the reason they scrapped it!

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
Re: 3 peas in a pod

when i saw the title and the thumbnail, i thought it was going to be mommy pea, daddy pea, and baby pea. that shirt, i would buy. can i make a request that you draw and submit 3 peas in a pod edition 2 with baby pea?

btw, the original 3 peas design is fabulous. very creative. but not something i would wear. it belongs in a museum.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
creativehack wrote:BYO dip

I think those two brought their own dip.

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
Re: sushi!

I like this one (I actually prefer the brown with that pink), but what made you decide to use that style of sword? It seems to have a bit of a tanto-style tip, but it's a little too strait and doesn't really give that traditional feel. I know it's just a small thing, but it throws the rest of the design off a bit (to me anyway). Still, nice job with this. I absolutely love the contrasting expression and mood of the fish.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

sTyLeS

Re: Sausage Party!

You never sausage a party!

djtheatre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtheatre
Re: Ninja Milk! We Sneak Pasteurize!

I know it's late in the derby. But this is by far one of my favorite jokes I've ever designed.

sTyLeS

Re: The Penitent Ham

Awesome reference

scarletrayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarletrayne
Re: lactose intolerant!

Being lactose intolerant, of course this has my vote!

sTyLeS

Narfcake wrote:My only contention is that the candy canes limit the appeal outside the Christmas season.

Perhaps licorice or a couple wafer cookies to make up the L's instead?

Plus, they look more like backwards J's instead of L's

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
laggyg wrote:I'm really bummed that this got rejected...I, too, hope it can find a home and print elsewhere...

Perhaps I don't understand copyright law (which I assume is the problem here), but I don't get why this would not be able to print, but other shirts (even the other portal related shirts from woot) are ok. It's really a shame though.

Because it uses the in game company logo and other things that don't just hint at the game but scream it.

I would have been very surprised if this didn't get the copyright boot. But I like what you did with the cut lemon - it looks like it is already on fire.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Who's First?

I really like the idea, but the chicken have human-like legs is just too incongruous for me. :/

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Tea Types

medbie wrote:This SO deserves more votes! I want it so badly!!

Aww, thanks medbie!

EinnaFK wrote:Yeah, it doesn't look to be an exception. Jatravartid coffee loving country.

Not only is tea awesome and for that alone I want it to win - I need more Tea shirts. But, the execution is great. Each "character" is perfect, the colors are wonderfully chosen, and the shirt color matches nicely. Boo I say!

My hope now is that it will get chosen for an HM and then be in a Double-Take Derby, and then be chosen for an EC. I can wish, right?

Hehe yes - go tea!
Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments and love of the shirt - I really appreciate it!

And I definitely like your wish - That would be great!;)

sTyLeS

Re: I Know a Wienie Man

That's a really disturbing picture... he needs some pants on.

tophat1121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tophat1121
Re: Misfortune

If this design and the clue design don't both make it into the top 3 I may cry. Great job.

gayemeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
laggyg wrote:Cute AND Morbid...can't go wrong! GMV =)

You should talk your mom into buying a shirt or 2 so she can help vote your designs up. I'm still angry Breaking News didn't print, but grats on the HM on it! At least it will get a second chance in the next Double Take derby...

You are right. I shall buy a tshirt. Which one do you recommend?