bakano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakano
Re: Not Fat. Just Husky.

awesome =) I'm new to this and can't quite figure out how to vote yet... but i like this one =)

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
kevlar51 wrote:great job on that face, midgerock

I agree. It's clean and simple and you totally nailed the dude's vibe. Great work.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
ignorant wrote:Did we win?

Not yet. Crossing fingers.

Nothing follows.

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: Even jalapenos run from them...

Ghost chilis.. hahahahaha. Love it.

scekk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scekk
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges

While my husband has been buying things off of Woot for a while now, I'm relatively new to it and have just started getting interested in the T-Shirt design aspect of that...so, maybe my opinion doesn't matter that much...

...however, I think this one may be my favorite shirt design in this derby, which is saying something because I think this derby produced some of the best designs in a while. This one, though, is so simple yet so clever. I think I might get one if/when it prints.

ELSmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ELSmurphy
Re: Big Damn Heros

You have my vote. Firefly is in my Netflix instant queue.

igo2cairo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages igo2cairo
Re: One smart cookie

This is brilliant Wences and so perfectly executed! Sure print.

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Bento Baby

cute

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: LOL

smile inducing

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

aksthomp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aksthomp
Re: Cookiethulhu

OK, I'm not into the alt-sci-fi references, so I had to look up "Cthuhlu" (I know, I guess I'm not even a nerd)... BUT now that I know what Cthuhlu is, and all I know about Sesame Street's "original" idea of Cookie Monster, and his bit about if the moon were a cookie...

THIS SHIRT IS TOTALLY ON TOPIC...

Just as we give personality and a soul to "Mother Earth" or "the man in the moon", this cookie earth was given a personaily and feelings, expressed in it's face at being attacked by this monstrous, other-worldy being...

Wouldn't we as humanity have these feelings if anything showed up and attacked our planet. We give humanity to our earth. Without humanity, it's just another rock buzzing around a star. We are this planet's "soul"... SO, extrapellate that into earth being a cookie, and Cookiethuhlu taking a chunk out of it... The humanity of cookie-earth would be in shock and terror.

That makes this shirt totally readable, and the personified cookie-earth is certainly anthropomorphic enough... so it wasn't given washboard abs, long legs or a handlebar moustache, but it was given fear and terror and awe.

IMVHO, I think this shirt is superb, very well executed. The depth of space and the lighting is interesting and well laid out.

Which program(s) do you use to create your work?

Icy13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Icy13
Itzpyd4 wrote:Want one with no text.

In for one with no text. PLease. This will go perfectly with my Donut Panic, and that donut needs a friend.

But donuts cannot read, so no text Please woot, let it happen.

I was born and raised in Plano, any help for hometown cred?

alexanderjd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexanderjd
bpr2 wrote:you just knocked a perfectly good shirt out of the fog with this drivel.

Hint, the one that got bumped out of the fog was in 9th place. i.e. not going to print.

Hopefully that takes the edge off.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
juliaL719 wrote:It's not that we're dullards.

It's just about as poorly executed as your standard "dad joke."

You know, the kind that is followed by "heh, GET IT?"

Dads everywhere, and their two white horses falling in the mud, are crying that you'd equate them with this low-brow trash.

There is a very basic difference, in that here we have an exceedingly forced joke for the sole purpose of creating a mario shirt. Also, most dads probably don't have a recorded history of committing fraud, or supporting moms who do so even more blatantly. Dad jokes exist in a much purer realm.

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh
Re: One smart cookie

Great Job Walmazan. Hope I get to buy this tomorrow

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
jbuxxy wrote:This is fantastic!

Brilliant shirt. Clever wordplay, plays on an iconic image, doesn't reference anything form the 80s... love it.

collinvh

Re: lactose intolerant!

Love the muted color on the carrot top. Great color choices! +1

collinvh

Re: Misfortune

GMV. Great execution of a golden idea. I read the image as the injured cookies friend telling him that he is going to be eaten soon.... BY ME!

collinvh

Re: Bento Baby

That is some cute sushi! +1 Nice Style!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges

Thanks everyone for the support! This was a very unexpected stay in the fog!

qwasdfz wrote:So simple, so great, so elegant, but that phrase has died. Sorry but i can't buy it because no one i know "compares apples to oranges" anymore. +1 anyway.

Probably just depends on who you're talking to if you hear it or not But anyway, thank you for the kind comments about the design!

lonelypond wrote:ha! simple, colorful, fun...

Thanks lonelypond!

LadyofRohan2995 wrote:Brilliant!

Thank you LadyofRohan!

contemporaryscarlett wrote:Really? I still hear it fairly regularly in corporate America. Though I know I'm older than the average Wooter.

Heh, yes, probably just depends on the crowd.

scekk wrote:While my husband has been buying things off of Woot for a while now, I'm relatively new to it and have just started getting interested in the T-Shirt design aspect of that...so, maybe my opinion doesn't matter that much...

...however, I think this one may be my favorite shirt design in this derby, which is saying something because I think this derby produced some of the best designs in a while. This one, though, is so simple yet so clever. I think I might get one if/when it prints.

Aw, I really appreciate that scekk, what a nice comment!!

collinvh

Re: Jelly's last Jam

Great Job, Great Idea! Please let me know if this prints elsewhere. +1

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
cmdixon2 wrote:The text absolutely ruins this one. Takes it that last little step from a Woot shirt to a WalMart shirt. Sometimes that "no-text" rule is a blessing.

Couldn't agree more here. I saw the thumbnail and thought it might be one of your better designs. The text murders the shirt. "Show, don't tell" often works with shirts too.

pbcarl9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbcarl9
Re: In the Library With the Wrench

Awesome shirt! I will definitely buy if I get the chance!

melebeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melebeth
patrickspens wrote:It's National Doughnut Day!!!

If this were just the donut in the thumbnail, no pink donut, no text, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Thanks aksthomp! You need to be able to accept the idea of an earth cookie to appreciate the shirt, that's for sure. ;)

I use Photoshop. (Version 6.0 released in 2000, it's pretty old but not bad)

Thank you everyone who posted thoughtful comments and/or support for this design.

rskelhorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rskelhorn

This is great, how do I vote?

cynicalbeast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynicalbeast
Re: Death Cake

It's so cute!!!!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: What will you be when you grow up?

Funny!!! Also sad. But mostly funny! Either way, it's very clever. Well done.

aksthomp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aksthomp
Spiritgreen wrote:Thanks aksthomp! You need to be able to accept the idea of an earth cookie to appreciate the shirt, that's for sure. ;)

I use Photoshop. (Version 6.0 released in 2000, it's pretty old but not bad)

Thank you everyone who posted thoughtful comments and/or support for this design.

Cool. I use Photoshop too... I just entered my first derby this time around, so I still have a lot to learn. I may need to pick your brain sometime!

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
jboshaw wrote:that shirt is considered a parody, much like poison, forbidden future, the binge, it came out of no where, if i only had a brain, and actual cats hooo!

this shirt used too much copyrighted material without enough parody.

So it would have been ok to "copy" things if, say, the lemons were in the act of setting a house on fire or something? I know the Aperture logo is from the game, but you never see it in such a context as an ad for Cave's lemons. You never even see the lemons if I recall right. How is this not a parody of a quote from the game?

I get what your saying, I just don't really understand where the line gets drawn on what's a parody and what's "stealing" from something, I guess...

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
epicfal wrote:I love that the fish has it's own face.

AN INCREDIBLY HAPPY FISHY FACE. <3

i think that's what disturbs me about this shirt... looks like the shrimp is way to happy back there behind the rice and it looks like the rice is in pain!!! B^(

duhgonz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duhgonz

Is that milk starting to cry?

trevorbecker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevorbecker

SatchelB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SatchelB
Re: Oranges and Oranges

I like it, but maybe not the most accurate application of the derby guidelines.

Yota

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yota
Mavyn wrote:How would this be considered on topic? what would be the anthropomorphic element?

Wile E. Coyote is an anthropomorphic coyote, and the road runner is his food.

stephaf73

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stephaf73
Re: In the Library With the Wrench

The best anthropomorphic food/boardgame tie- in shirt EVER

coppereos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coppereos

Being Lactose Intolerant myself I LOVE this shirt. Hilarious.

coppereos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coppereos
Re: Not that Easy

Too cute. Love the color shirt chosen.

lanreb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanreb
Re: Cheddar Power

I really love this shirt! How can we get it to print, since it didn't win its derby?

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
lanreb wrote:I really love this shirt! How can we get it to print, since it didn't win its derby?

There's still a chance it could print tonight at midnight. Keeping my mental fingers crossed.

romey050500

quality posts: 1 Private Messages romey050500
Re: You've been targeted for baconation

While wendy's may have a trademark on Baconator. Trademarks do not work in the same way Copyrights do. It's very unlikely someone would get this shirt and the Baconator sandwich confused. That is what trademark is designed to protect. It would stop someone else from using the name on a similar product. So Burger King can't come out with a Baconator sandwich, and you could not sell a shirt that had a baconator sandwhich on it, but you can sell a Baconator shirt that is a parody of the terminator. Additionally, this would not be protected under copyright law because the one word "Baconator" is not included in the list copyrightable works. Just thought you might want to know that.