j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
rkenimer wrote:Go learn something, sunshine. This is not a novice by any stretch, and is a great design to boot.

um...I think he meant this was the other option....seeing as "outlets" was the novice entry..

move along

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Friends don't let friends poison themselves with raisins. This shirt would be the best way to let them know that!

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

MoronLessOff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MoronLessOff
wooton wrote:what? no! raisins make everything BETTER.

No, you're thinking Craisins.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

I'd buy this, but the raisins ruin it.

jmireles3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmireles3

so i say to the guy... that's not a raisin, that's my grandma!

ddwscw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddwscw

Amen!

yuppicide

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yuppicide

For the most part I do agree with this. I hate raisins 99% of the time.

ak1803

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ak1803

what's with the people complaining about the "artistic" shirts not winning? i haven't seen any "artistic" shirts on here i would wear. Plus, this. is. woot!. Every shirt should be funny! have they ever done an "artistic" description?

omegazimm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omegazimm

Raisins DO suck! I hate it when I have the most fantastic desert about to go to food heaven and then there are raisins to spoil it all, so rather than enjoying my cake or cookie or whatever I have to sit and pick out the raisins. They're ruiners of things.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
ak1803 wrote:what's with the people complaining about the "artistic" shirts not winning? i haven't seen any "artistic" shirts on here i would wear. Plus, this. is. woot!. Every shirt should be funny! have they ever done an "artistic" description?

Probably. But for everyone who whines that Woot isn't selling this or that, or that they are selling this or that - your tastes don't speak for everyone else's.

Just take it as folks who have nothing better to do but to rant and whine.

Oh, and FWIW, I ate healthy this morning. 1 packet of oatmeal with RAISINS, and one pack of protein. So I have to love the raisins, OK?

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Yeeaaahh raisins!!!! They will now ruin my chest!!! Congrats x 20 Boots! I really wanted this one in it's original derby. So glad to be able to get it now. :D

Also wow, does this mean all three double take winners were from the product ad derby? Flawless victory!

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
kschlege wrote:Seriously, what a way to ruin the perfect American desert ... and the French did it.

I'm pretty sure apple pie originated in Europe roughly 400 years before America existed.

Narfcake

bassanimation wrote:Also wow, does this mean all three double take winners were from the product ad derby? Flawless victory!

Yep. First double take in which that's happened.

Here's the original derby for reference.

We'll see if these have more lasting power in the reckoning compared to the original winners, though. There's one remaining, and it's currently in the danger zone.

Gertrudethemutilator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gertrudethemutilator
bluejester wrote:It's only a matter of time before some one tries to market raisens as "dried grapes" like the way prunes are now being marketed as "dried plums."

On this note, if one's called Prune Juice, why isn't the other Raisin Juice?

Life is like a box of chocolates, the good stuff's all gone, the rest will go eventually.

sidneyanne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sidneyanne

Personally, I like raisins, especially in oatmeal cookies. I ma make some it sounds so good.

MaxSMoke777

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MaxSMoke777

I really can't believe anyone would want an Oatmeal cookie without Raisins. I think this shirt is ridiculous.

Dominitus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dominitus

People just haven't had a good oatmeal raisin cookie. You have to soak the raisins in something (like rum) beforehand, to add flavor and compensate for the moisture lost during baking.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jespensc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages jespensc

Raisins rule!

Oatmeal cookies NEED raisins. Starbucks actually has this right, with their "outrageous oatmeal cookie" with THREE different kinds of raisins in it. Oatmeal chocolate cookies? Bleecch! That kind of smeary mess goes straight to the garbage.

And don't get me started about bread pudding without raisins. Bread pudding consists of no less than bread, raisins, and a sweet syrup baked together. Leave out the raisins, and you have nothing but soggy baked French toast. So-called chocolate bread pudding is only fit to be an ashtray.

Not that I hate chocolate; chocolate is a perfectly good coating for raisins.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

Raisins blow, just ask any 8yr old who got stuck with a box of 'em on Halloween.

deadly121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadly121

It should have been "Raisins saved my life".

andyor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andyor

This is awesome. And the write-up to it is exactly what I have been saying ever since I was a little kid when my mom tried to feed me raisins... They're ROTTEN grapes! Who in their right mind would eat ROTTEN fruit?!?!

ragingkittai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ragingkittai

Oatmeal Raisin cookies are best cookies.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester

congrats Boots! You dominated the Double-Take Derby Fog. Glad to see it was rewarded.

side note: I actually do like raisins in my cookies, and cereal... but I will say that they're far superior in the grape form.

insomniac221

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insomniac221

I'm not a fan specifically because this diverts attention away from the dessert world's Public Enemy Number One: walnuts.

When somebody makes that shirt, I'll buy a hundred and give one to every sadist who's ever given me a brownie with walnuts in it.

fuznic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuznic

awww... but i sorta like the little things. they are kind of sweet. What would raisin bran be without them?

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

Congrats! What a nice birthday present!

And for all of you talking up the oatmeal raisin cookies, they're FAR better as oatmeal craisin cookies. Or oatmeal-craisin-chocolate chip cookies.

Narfcake

fuznic wrote:awww... but i sorta like the little things. they are kind of sweet. What would raisin bran be without them?

They would be Bran Flakes. :P

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Belated Birthday salutations Boots. I got you this choc-chip cookie...(Pause for effect) What do you mean they're not choc-chips?!?!!
Anyway, the design looks groovy on the shirt. What I fear more than sabotaged cookies are bloated raisins masquerading as real food in an otherwise tasty curry.

frojoe2004

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frojoe2004

I have been paranoid androiding about raisins in my oat meal cookies for years! Same with Carrot Cake, your eating this delicious cookie, and the raisins aren't so bad, but the cookie it digested by your mouth far faster then the raisin. Then, all of the sudden your not eating a delicious oat meal cookie or carrot cake, your just eating raisins, and the taste your left with after dessert? not the yummy cookie or cake, BUT RAISINS!!!!!!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

frojoe2004 wrote:I have been paranoid androiding about raisins in my oat meal cookies for years! Same with Carrot Cake, your eating this delicious cookie, and the raisins aren't so bad, but the cookie it digested by your mouth far faster then the raisin. Then, all of the sudden your not eating a delicious oat meal cookie or carrot cake, your just eating raisins, and the taste your left with after dessert? not the yummy cookie or cake, BUT RAISINS!!!!!!

I knoooooow! It drives me crazzzzzzzy! Like when people consistently write "your" when they mean "you are" and thus "you're." Homophone misuse: raisins of the written word, AMIRITE?! High-five! =P

terrystolmeier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrystolmeier

Raisins are awesome, but so is the shirt.

raisin.woot.com would be even better!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

I'm psyched to see who gets the pick this week for the Editor's Choice picks... bring it on... 1 minute and counting.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Dominitus wrote:People just haven't had a good oatmeal raisin cookie. You have to soak the raisins in something (like rum) beforehand, to add flavor and compensate for the moisture lost during baking.

My mom used to make great oatmeal raisin cookies when I was a kid; they were my dad's favorite, so I learned to like them.

However!

When you're a kid, and you come home from school and see a plate of delicious-looking chocolate chip cookies, and you run over and grab one and bite into it expecting chocolately goodness but instead get [rage]RAISINS[/rage]...

Well, there just ain't words enough to express that kind of disappointment, and I fully sympathize with this shirt. Congrats Boots, grabbed mine last night!

klhavlik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klhavlik
bluejester wrote:It's only a matter of time before some one tries to market raisens as "dried grapes" like the way prunes are now being marketed as "dried plums."

Dried plums are prunes?? I've been lied to...

just me

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Thanks again, everyone. Viva la revolucion!

RaeiNarcissus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RaeiNarcissus

I had Pineapple Shrimp fried rice at a Thai restuarant today, and it had raisins in it! They added a very pleasing sweetness to the dish. So, I beg to differ! They do not ruin everything!

Ulukia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ulukia
RaeiNarcissus wrote:I had Pineapple Shrimp fried rice at a Thai restuarant today, and it had raisins in it! They added a very pleasing sweetness to the dish. So, I beg to differ! They do not ruin everything!

That dish sounded unappetizing before you mentioned raisins, now its even more so.

"I guess once you start doubting, there's no end to it."
- Batou

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
RaeiNarcissus wrote:I had Pineapple Shrimp fried rice at a Thai restuarant today, and it had raisins in it! They added a very pleasing sweetness to the dish. So, I beg to differ! They do not ruin everything!

I had that dish the other day as well and it was delicious... and spicy!

I've said it before and I'll say it again... raisins are awesome, ESPECIALLY oatmeal raisin cookies with butterscotch chips.

It's ok tho boots... I still like your shirts. ;)

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

TomatoSoup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomatoSoup

You should make this quote into a t-shirt, LOVE IT !