demiurge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages demiurge
Re: summerflies

Very nice. I LOVE butterflies.

Jess

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
epicfal wrote:I got that, too. I think the black circular element in the background reminds me of a record.

This is a very cool design, and I like that it is something that can be different things to different people.

thanks thanks to say the true truth i was whisteling the Doors's song while doing it:-)))

epicfal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicfal
Re: Redder Eyed Star-Spawn (resub)

I'm just trying to wrap my head around a baby Elder God.

o/' Eldritch Babies, they make our fears come true
Eldritch Babies, they'll do the same to you! o/'

epicfal

Re: Firefish

Pretty!

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
kaleidoscopicfailure wrote:i'm sensing a motif of music, even though there are no actual visual elements relating to music. weird, but dig it.

thanks,every lecture is personal, and everyone can make his own story, i don't like too much close worlds ;))

epicfal

Re: Masque of the Red Death

Oh hell yes! Masque is one of my favorite Poe tales, and this is a FANTASTIC representation! The clock, the brazier, the upraised hands of the dying... and the smug grin of Death. I want this so much!

mafafu888

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mafafu888
gryphoncreation wrote:what could be cooler then a crossover with both star was and Mario land>

Practically anything.

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna

This is amazing.

blackwhite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackwhite
Re: surfs up

Don't understanding how strapping surf boards on and going to the beach (even if its base in the future) does not match the summertime theme, and all inks are red(which gives it a sunset feel).

epicfal

ittybittyx wrote:oooh! I love Rorschach!

I see that creepy eyeball-in-hands guy from Pan's Labyrinth.
...and a bit of Gary Oldman's Dracula...
...and something from Parliament Funkadelic.

Your subconcious must be a fascinating place.

epicfal

Re: Red uses her head

I like the placement of the image.

scottwaller2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottwaller2k
Re: robots = destruction

Looks like Japan has unleashed killer robots to the Middle East.

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86

I don't know if I'd wear it just because it's not really my style of shirt, but I voted because the design is pretty spectacular.

epicfal

Re: summerflies

Pretty!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Koi of the Rising Sun

This is gorgeous. Very nice combination of colors.

epicfal

Re: Red Shirts

I can't stop giggling at their expressions! Clever boy - genre-savvy, in fact. And the little planet insignia are super cute.

synz2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages synz2000
odysseyroc wrote:I hope you enjoy this. I had fun creating it.

I would wear this to a Springfield/St Louis Cardinals baseball game and everyone would be looking at it because it's not a standard Cardinal shirt =)

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

A red shirt I like, color me shocked.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: REDS'KINI

Even more hot now, thank teh gods for redheads.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
synz2000 wrote:I would wear this to a Springfield/St Louis Cardinals baseball game and everyone would be looking at it because it's not a standard Cardinal shirt =)

You could also wear it to a Memphis Redbirds game!

cornbreadred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cornbreadred
blackwhite wrote:Don't understanding how strapping surf boards on and going to the beach (even if its base in the future) does not match the summertime theme, and all inks are red(which gives it a sunset feel).

The rule states that the actual *shirt* must be red.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

I'm really glad I clicked the thumbnail, this is masterfully designed. Like someone said before, I wouldn't personally wear it but you've got my vote based on quality.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Red Sky At Night, Sailor's Delight

Red Sky At Night, Sailor's Delight

sunaness

Re: Red Dragon

I could see my young cousin wearing this while I walk him around proudly. I love quirky shirts like this on kids.

sunaness

Re: Rooted Passion

I'm a sucker for anatomical hearts!

jasenlangley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasenlangley
Re: The Red Shirt

Join the Fleet now and experience the joys of space exploration as part of an Away Team! Don't fret over the fact that Bill, Bob, Joe, George, Henry, Tom, William, Jeff, Ted, Phil, Colin, Mark, Fred, Frank, and dozens others never came back from their missions. Having a red shirt on ensures safety, protection, and above all a keen sense of fashion.

blackwhite

cornbreadred wrote:The rule states that the actual *shirt* must be red.

Found this post from a staff mmember;

If you're on a non-red shirt, you can use multiple shades of red, but only red. If you decide to push it too far into ranges of orange or purple you may run afoul of the rejectionator. As always how much is too much orange or purple is subjective so if you want to avoid headaches just stick with reds that are obviously red. Pink is an acceptable shade of red

mnkybot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnkybot
Re: surfs up

This shirt has a good concept and the designer played by the rules. This should not have been rejected. Very arbitrary decision. Bad form, woot.

naeylonsidhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naeylonsidhe
Re: The Red Shirt

I love this design! Unfortunately, they will not be able to print it with the symbol on it. This will probably get rejected for that reason. However, i think you could put a generic symbol on the chest and the joke would still work.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

blackwhite wrote:Found this post from a staff mmember;

If you're on a non-red shirt, you can use multiple shades of red, but only red. If you decide to push it too far into ranges of orange or purple you may run afoul of the rejectionator. As always how much is too much orange or purple is subjective so if you want to avoid headaches just stick with reds that are obviously red. Pink is an acceptable shade of red

From that same post:

And yes, if you have a red or cranberry shirt you can use any colors you want, but there should be some kind of connection to "red" beyond just the shirt color. See previous color derbies for some idea about how this works.

Rejected from that previous color derby.

A shirt rejected from this derby.

The gist of it is we don't want you to take something non-red related, turn it red, and call it a day. Hope this helps.

blackwhite

mnkybot wrote:This shirt has a good concept and the designer played by the rules. This should not have been rejected. Very arbitrary decision. Bad form, woot.

Thanks for the support! Do you know if you can challenge a rejection?

lolitadoki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lolitadoki
Re: What's Black and White and Red All Over?

its very cute but the graphic's pretty small.

blackwhite

epicfal wrote:Pretty!

THANKS!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Red Rover

Thanks guys for all the comments and support!

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
epicfal wrote:I like the placement of the image.

Oh, good! I wasn't sure where I wanted it, but thought that looked the best. Glad to see others agree

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

jasenlangley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasenlangley
naeylonsidhe wrote:I love this design! Unfortunately, they will not be able to print it with the symbol on it. This will probably get rejected for that reason. However, i think you could put a generic symbol on the chest and the joke would still work.

I ask for a second look from Woot! The A thingy of the emblem is reversed from the normal, and the oval behind it is cockeyed. It is not a direct trademark or copyright infringement, it's just an altered version that gives the viewer that immediate impression.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
silverdragontyr wrote:I sometimes find it hard to wear some of the woot shirts, but buy some because I like the design. This one is very nice and if it wins I will buy it and wear it often. Very nice work. +1 Vote.

You can go to Teetrade.org and do a search for 'Late Halloween Night' if this doesn't win. A really similar woot shirt might be available.

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
holothuria wrote:+1 to this comment. Someone even submitted a Darth Toad right after this one. . . . I don't think anything would be hurt if (at least) a certain video-game franchise and a certain science-fiction franchise were banned.

And I mean seriously, how would a grow mushroom get his hands on two lightsabers?! I mean I could understand one, but two, that crosses the line!

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Ancient Jazztecs

Lol, that is wicked awesome!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Red Sky At Night, Sailor's Delight

Always it's a pleasure admire your work!

+1