jessicaprd2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicaprd2
imagine77 wrote:It is very pretty. I am trying to imagine whether my boobs will be lied up in the center of those infinity loops or not...

Haha, my thoughts exactly!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Rainbows taste like watermelon

But only mountains know for sure.

loosebazooka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loosebazooka
neondruid wrote:I like it

thanks man.

blazermanic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazermanic
Re: Blood Sugar Sex (Red)Magic

Love the fusion of the two ideas! I was actually listening to rhcp when I stumbled upon this design and had to vote for it. My only complaint is the overall color of the shirt, in my opinion it would look great in a more bright red color.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: The Red Emperor

I like this a lot - simple and elegant - and I voted for it.

It could have a stronger concept - or else I'm not really getting it, I'm not very knowledgeable about emperors -and I feel like as a result, the shirt doesn't convey a how lot of meaning. I like to feel a connection to my shirt emotionally/intellectually - mentally all around - and it's even better if that message and its meaningfulness can easily impress upon other people when I'm out and about wearing the shirt.

So that's the main thing I feel lacking; and it could be a lack of meaning/too obscure for me (and maybe most others?). OR it could be the design is TOO simple and you haven't put in enough detail & art overall to portray a message - if indeed you're trying to do that, and not just making something pretty but essentially empty of meaning.

I will also note that while I *usually* only vote for shirts that I would definitely, absolutely buy and wear (or gift to a particular person), I do make occasional - like a few votes per derby on average - votes on shirts I probably or definitely WOULDN'T buy, but I either like the artist's work so much in general, or the person is a new-ish artist who I feel deserves more exposure - and so either way, I want to support the artist, even if the design isn't actually successful. And nearly always, with a few very rare exceptions since the shirt.woot derbies began, the 'support votes' are for shirts that are not anywhere NEAR the fog and will not print, so it's sort of a 'throw-away' vote but still, I hope, boosts the artist's self-esteeem and helps increase overall exposure and popularity for all other voters.

/end rant, hope it was helpful, and KEEP SUBMITTING! I'd love a response, and would be excited to see you re-work & resubmit this design as a version 2 that might have more appeal and success.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

fairnymph

Re: Flames of the Phoenix

You're obviously talented and I dig your style, but there's an unfortunate effect of your style here in that the phoenix ends up looking raggedy, droopy from the swirly/integrative colouration. But even more importantly, it's just a phoenix on a shirt. No background at all - not even a line and some simple half-tones to add some dimension and sense of space - so not only does the phoenix itself suffer and appear rather flat, but the lack of background makes the whole shirt REALLY flat.

Some context would make this shirt much more interesting, meaningful, and appealing to the eye, while creating the essential dimensionality and perspective required for any art - ESPECIALLY on a wearable item like a shirt - to 'pop' with realistic appeal.

I didn't vote, but phoenixes are popular and I'm a real fan myself, they work well for this derby's theme, and you put in the work, you could create something truly great with potential for success. Rework and give it a go! And I hope you take my commentary as the well-meaning constructive criticism intended and nothing more sinister. I'm rooting for you.

fairnymph

Re: Flow

I get a sort of mod-disco feel from this which fits with the abstract, modern art feel you were aiming for. Unfortunately I'm not such a fan of modern art, but for what it is, it's not bad.

DizzahGee

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DizzahGee
zekecatz wrote:By any chance, are you color blind?

Nope, the number is clearly 42.

Frankenstylin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frankenstylin
Re: A Rotten Prognosis

It's super cute. I love x-ray worm.... but the Dr. Pepper is so subtle and hiiiilarious I can't stand it. As a man who loves drawin adorable food stuffs, this takes the cupcake.
-F!

frankenstylin.com

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: The Redwood Estate

I know this might be a little late entry, but I like trees. I don't think there are any giant-redwood-tree-house-shirts out there...at least I hope not :P

Oh yea, ill post a detail of it later, but now i will put icy-hot on my drawing hand.

*edit* ok here are some better pictures if y'all wanted to see them:

Chaosegg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chaosegg

I like the flower and the planet... the white blips and squiggly lines not so much.

fairnymph

Re: The Wolf VS The Girl

Superb use of minimal colours, and shirt-colour as design-colour. One of my faves in this debry and in the top 3 of my red riding hood themed designs. WIN!

fairnymph

Re: Red Bloom

I voted on this, but I think that that the pale peach specks surrounding the moon look messy and sloppy, taking away from the elegance and overall beauty of the design. I highly recommend that you resubmit another version without the specks.

I would also like to see more blue-toned shades of red (like crimson, scarlet, cranberry, magenta - more purple-ish tones), as opposed to the orange and peachy tones you used here. That's totally a personal preference, and I DO love and fully approve of how the tone of the all the reds is the shame, and you used shades that are similar enough to create a seamless effect without going TOO similar, which would detract from the contrast and clarity of the design. So just shifting the tone of the colours up the spectrum towards blue would be perfect IMO.

Also, I know that I have a bagillion black shirts and it is a very commonly used and sold shirt colour, possibly THE most common, As a result, I am loathe to buy any more black shirts since I already have at least 4x as many black shirts as any other colour, and more black shirts than all other colour shirts combined by a huge margin. And others have said the same. So consider putting this shirt on Navy (which would work superbly with a shift towards the bluer-tone of red shades), or even Slate and Graphite - the latter would work really well with the design's current peachy tones, since orange looks great against grey IMO -but it would look wonderful with bluer reds, too.

Some other benefits of changing the background shirt colour: Graphite is a very popular colour, second only to black, and appeals and thus sells well. Slate is a very NEW colour, and no slate shirt has yet been printed. And, like Navy, I don't believe there are any other - or if so, very few - shirts that are on Navy or Slate, which makes your design stand out as unique & fresh relative to the massive overload of red/cranberry, and even the fair number of black shirts.

I hope you read this and find it useful and would be THRILLED if you made any or all of the changes - I don't see how submitting multiple versions ever hurts, and if anything it multiples your exposure which is always great. Regardless, I like this shirt enough as it is that I voted and would buy and wear it. Your style is lovely, and I adore flowers and the moon.

pharmacide

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pharmacide
polluxoil wrote:This is a great design. Really like the detail.

The weird thing is, I saw this and was like "Wow, this is an awesome anthropomorphic food design! This'll fog in the derby for sure...wait a minute....."

Yeah... I like this design but it seems some people had left over designs from the last one.

themusicalchairs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themusicalchairs
Re: Red, white, and boo v. 1.0

Shirt will be red.

fairnymph

Re: Red Bloom

Chaosegg wrote:I like the flower and the planet... the white blips and squiggly lines not so much.

Oh, and I agree with this LIFESAVER (my browser will not let me post on your design, for no apparent reason other than Safari viciously hates me.) The red squiggly lines are lazy and do not add much and distract from the overall design & especially the main focus which is clearly much-worked on. Either take it out completely and see how it looks, and if it still works then fine. Or if you find that removing the red squiggles leaves you with an empty-looking foreground that removes dimensionality, then take the time and effort to construct a better one that matches the quality of the main design, maybe something with half-tones as many artists do for back- & foregrounds?

fairnymph

Re: Enrage

I really like most of this design and want to vote on it - despite having far too many black shirts - but the strangely-eyed bobble-head of the figure doesn't fit with the rest of the figure's body/style nor does it seem to match the overall design's concept and style. Revise maybe?

fairnymph

Re: Red Panda

So red pandas actually look like FOXES? I hadn't heard of their existence until now.

Also, the bamboo is not right, or else I can't see the design large enough because it seems very flat, lacking in dimension - I can't tell if the bamboo is on the same plane as the panda-fox, above it, below it, behind, in front of it, or whatever....I can't determine the bamboo's position relative to the creature. Improving the perspective & upping the dimensionality of the design over all would make this shirt so much better!

meatpopsicle333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meatpopsicle333
Re: operation complication

One of the top ones I have seen. I hope it makes the cut.

meatpopsicle333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meatpopsicle333
Re: The Red Shirt V2

I might be a little slow but is this a Star Trek reference?

fairnymph

Re: Red Moon

MORE RED!........less orange. Yah? Also, black shirt, meh, too many of them print and too many in my closet.. Unless your design is amazingly must-have incredible, I will not buy black shirts anymore. In this case, only the orange tone is killing my vote. Consider submitting another, RED without orange tones version? Pretty please? And let the masses decide the colour choice - something I would rarely recommend, but in this case, I have nothing to lose.

fairnymph

Re: Red Moon

Also you need more half-tone glow as you have a bit at the top of the moon ALL AROUND the moon to show that the tree branches extend across the moon and don't simply end at the moon's edge. And because moons actually glow and disperse light, all around them, like any spherical light-emitter. You must demonstrate this fact for realistic accuracy & to flesh out the currently abruptly lopped-off look of the branches covering the moon.

fairnymph

Re: RACHNID

Excellent art. Alas, spiders terrify me and I hate them vehemently and would not pay to wear them. :/

fairnymph

Re: red dawn

kevincrimi wrote:I really like the tree/sunset idea but I think it would have come across a lot better on the shirt if you faded out the black instead of it just cutting off at the printable area borders. Just my opinion

Completely agree - the blocky/posteresque bottom corners ruin this otherwise dramatically beautiful design.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero

kharmazero

paigeg wrote:Love the art, but not as happy with this one - missing the earthy motifs. Of course, they would be there on the SUN! Still apropos, given the recent giant flare. Just doesn't hit me as well as the other.

thanks anyway Paige ;-))i wanted to make it simple

kharmazero

paigeg wrote:Love your thought process. It's a shame that you get so few votes. I understand it, but I wish Woot was a little less parochial.
Much like from me.

Thanks again Paige, well i will work on some cuteness soon ;-))

kharmazero

YinofYang wrote:kharmazero, you always have such beautiful designs. I love it, it really draws you in and makes you think a little.

Thanks a lot for this beautiful comment

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh

The newest knight in training.
EDIT: 2 color - red and pink over black.

spacedoutant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacedoutant
Re: Rainbows taste like watermelon

Great design! I'll buy it if I can!

shellstars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellstars
fairnymph wrote:You're obviously talented and I dig your style, but there's an unfortunate effect of your style here in that the phoenix ends up looking raggedy, droopy from the swirly/integrative colouration. But even more importantly, it's just a phoenix on a shirt. No background at all - not even a line and some simple half-tones to add some dimension and sense of space - so not only does the phoenix itself suffer and appear rather flat, but the lack of background makes the whole shirt REALLY flat.

Some context would make this shirt much more interesting, meaningful, and appealing to the eye, while creating the essential dimensionality and perspective required for any art - ESPECIALLY on a wearable item like a shirt - to 'pop' with realistic appeal.

I didn't vote, but phoenixes are popular and I'm a real fan myself, they work
well for this derby's theme, and you put in the work, you could create
something truly great with potential for success. Rework and give it a go! And
I hope you take my commentary as the well-meaning constructive criticism
intended and nothing more sinister. I'm rooting for you.

Thanks for taking the time to give such an in-depth critique This is only my
second derby entry, I generally work using traditional methods & media so
am fairly new to working digitally. I tried several halftone methods on the background but couldn't get the hang of how to use halftone
effectively and gave up - if you have any tutorial recommendations I would love to check them out.

Anyway, thanks again!

~ shells

DA: qmab.deviantart.com
Red Bubble: redbubble.com/people/teeshell

moronbrigade

quality posts: 23 Private Messages moronbrigade
ochopika wrote:I know this might be a little late entry, but I like trees. I don't think there are any giant-redwood-tree-house-shirts out there...at least I hope not :P

Oh yea, ill post a detail of it later, but now i will put icy-hot on my drawing hand.

Dont worry, this is made of pure awesome

Seize the Opportunity.

jasenlangley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasenlangley
meatpopsicle333 wrote:I might be a little slow but is this a Star Trek reference?

Yeah the rejected one would have left you with no doubt it was a Star Trek reference. The emblem/communicator was barely modified. The Rejectionator didn't think barely modified was enough to avoid infringement though, so you have this version.

gayemeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
Re: The Redwood Estate

I agree that it is made of pure awesome.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Re: Redder Eyed Star-Spawn (resub)

Woot needs to add cthulu to the Stars Wars ban.

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury
Re: Well Read

The red dots were gonna spell out "green" until I, you know, re-read the instructions for this derby ...

PHOICH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PHOICH
Re: Messin' with the Humans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_lobster

see: coloration

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna
Re: Red Riding Woods

This is actually one of my favorite Red Ridinghood designs I've ever seen. It's a bit of a played out theme, but the execution on this is really incredible.

gamacrit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gamacrit
Re: Got red...

I like it. It's simple, and the potential for an epic nerdgasm when someone gets it is very high.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Darth Knight

it's really 2bad you can't use white on a non red shirt... I kinda like this.