blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Last Call

You mean,this one? You're really good, it looks just like it!
Stock Photo Phone
BlindDog3D

DirkDDarring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirkDDarring
creativehack wrote:to get my vote, I just gotta have more cow bell!

LOL Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Hope you have a great day a keep smiling, yep that's utterly ridiculous.

Michael Irwin
Graphic artist
www.wix.com/idforu/idforu

sashimichan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sashimichan
Re: Red Shirts

Oh wow, love it!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: My Evil Siamese Twin

Haha, what a great idea. I'd totally wear this. >:-)

blinddog3d

Re: Red Rum: Murder in a Bottle

Murder is offensive, "you should be ashamed!" Pour me a glass.

blinddog3d

Re: Deviled Meat

Clever enuff 4 my vote!
+1
BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

Re: Raise a Red Flag

Maybe it's a "sign?"
(If you're too hard-headed to delete this and re-enter it... "Here's your Sign")

Or just leave it this way, so no one can vote, and hope that "Woot" will fix it (yeah, right). It didn't look that promising, anywayz...
But I'm blind, I could be wrong?
BlindDog3D

DirkDDarring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirkDDarring

Well it's been awhile since I last submitted something, I thought my muse had left me for warmer climates. However summer is here and I finally quit that par-time job so I could concentrate more on what I like to do. But as luck would have it my Mac acted up this weekend so my submissions are late. Thanks to those of you who have commented on them cause feed back is very important to getting better at this.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53667

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53665

And thanks for your time and viewings.
Michael

Michael Irwin
Graphic artist
www.wix.com/idforu/idforu

evanearley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evanearley
j5 wrote:It's a (clever) mashup.
This is Starbuck.

Thanks for catching the reference. I thought there would be more BSG Fans out there.

blinddog3d

Re: Cherry Bomb ver 01

"You've still got Red on you!"

Here a picture you and your 13 friends might like?
Bombs Away!
BlindDog3D

aksthomp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aksthomp

chumpmagic wrote:It had nothing to do with race. From what I saw, it got rejected because you had two big old melons over the location of a women's breasts... melons are slang for breast. They thought you were trying to pull a boobie innuendo on them...

At least that was my take on the whole matter.

Uh... that's what "racy" means... "racy" has nothing to do with race... it has to do with sensuality... and that is what I was doing... I know the term "melons" is slang for womens breasts... that's why I made the shirt... I am, after all, a woman with melons.

LadyCrymsyn

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LadyCrymsyn
Re: Into The Woods

I love the layout on this - the design has such wonderful symmetry and balance. It gives Red and the Wolf an almost symbiotic relationship.

When you go exploring, be sure to take a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
fairnymph wrote:So red pandas actually look like FOXES? I hadn't heard of their existence until now.

Also, the bamboo is not right, or else I can't see the design large enough because it seems very flat, lacking in dimension - I can't tell if the bamboo is on the same plane as the panda-fox, above it, below it, behind, in front of it, or whatever....I can't determine the bamboo's position relative to the creature. Improving the perspective & upping the dimensionality of the design over all would make this shirt so much better!

Thanks for the detailed critique, I can definitely see what you mean. It's a little late to resubmit but I'll keep this in mind for future designs.

thelostprophetx0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelostprophetx0
sashimichan wrote:I really like this design.

why thank you!!

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Red Dragon

The warrior is so quirky, it's a great character design.

phineus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phineus
blinddog3d wrote:Murder is offensive, "you should be ashamed!"

I am.

paigeg: Thanks, I was a little surprised no one else did redrum so figured I'd go for it

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
beldorth wrote:The rules state "Your design MUST be either on a red (yes, Cranberry counts as red) shirt OR use only red ink. No text."

This design satisfies the first clause -- it is on a red shirt -- therefore it qualifies.

You can argue that that is not what was intended by the rules, but those are the rules as they are written.

Strict adherence to the rules as written is no guarantee of protection from the Rejectionator; see http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53501 for an example of this. As this version hasn't been rejected, however, I'm guessing the red eyes tread the line closely enough for acceptance.

Good luck, as I said I love the design.

dinajames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinajames
Re: Love Hurts

i like this shirt except...not sure if the heart should be smiling...going to vote for it cuz it is cute...I would LOVE it if the heart were sad or serious...

dinajames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinajames
Re: Secret Recipe

LOVE IT!!!!!

sashimichan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sashimichan
Re: What's Black and White and Red All Over?

I'm not gonna lie. I let out a big "Awwwww" right before voted for this shirt.

lennievee333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lennievee333
backliteyes wrote:This design makes me think of heartburn, lol.

ROTFLMAO Thanks for that one. I enjoyed that.

miztickow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miztickow
sealag wrote:I'm confused about the flying/jumping snake...don't dragons require wings? Love the design, but that's bugging me.

it has magics.

jackmando7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackmando7
somwatstrange wrote:Awww, man, I find this really funny, but I'm afraid that too many people won't understand the joke.

I don't like or watch star trek, and I got the joke right away. I dont think you have to worry.

bonezz322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonezz322
Re: Skin and Bones

Thanks for taking a look at our design!

hoxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoxe

Turned out amazing, very glad you deviated from the vertical design.

It saddens me to say this, but it does bring to mind ramy's red riding hood print who's name I can't remember now. This one far outweighs it in my eyes.

+1 and waiting for a print.

hoxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoxe

I was definitely confused by the shirt, I still have no idea what it's referring to but from the comments I assume it's related to the band in some way. Not much of a RHCP fan.

I really like the red mage artwork, reminds me of 8-bit D&D lol. I'd just be curious how it translates legally if you draw it so similar to the game.

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
Re: Essence of Life

Good idea.

kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
roofoo wrote:Your illustration is nice. I just don't get the joke, is it referencing something?

with all registered trademarks aside, it's referencing
Clifford the Big Red Dog

whom i thought was alot more famous than he evidently is.

sonic3535

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonic3535
Re: Red Riding Woods

FANTASTIC! GMV for sure.

I am just a speck of dust inside a giants eye
And I don't wanna make her cry
'Cause I like giants.

jimwel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimwel
Re: Prominence

Nice! Feel the burn.....

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
sealag wrote:I'm confused about the flying/jumping snake...don't dragons require wings? Love the design, but that's bugging me.

It's in the style of a Chinese dragon. The problem there is that Chinese dragons are more typically associated with water. :P

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

roofoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roofoo
midgerock wrote:white.

How do you submit a daily?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
collinvh wrote:Any suggestions on a resub here? All ideas appreciated.

The problem is that you can't use someone else's ideas or characters without parodying it/them. You can't capitalize on my ideas without my permission or without somehow making my ideas new or funny.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

roofoo

Re: Red Hood Riding

There sure are a lot of Red Riding Hood entries this week. :P I think I like yours the best though.

roofoo

Re: Ancient Jazztecs (resub)

Great design!

crimsonrambler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crimsonrambler
Re: Eye Love Music

I desperately need this shirt. Please people. Vote so I can get it.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: fruit practice

Nice concept, and the composition is well balanced. Keep submitting stuff.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
aksthomp wrote:

Uh... that's what "racy" means... "racy" has nothing to do with race... it has to do with sensuality... and that is what I was doing... I know the term "melons" is slang for womens breasts... that's why I made the shirt... I am, after all, a woman with melons.

My bad. I don't use the word, and I have only hear it used improperly ...I guess. And I thought your whole idea was that sliced watermelons make a heart shape and everything else was coincidental... I had no idea you took the" I heart big, juicy melons" road intentionally.

Yeah don't do stuff like that. No nudity, sexual themes, excessive gore, et cetera... Its pretty kid friendly here. Expect a "No" rejection on that kind of stuff every time.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
chumpmagic wrote:I had no idea you took the" I heart big, juicy melons" road intentionally.

Boy did you miss a ribald exchange that was subsequently redacted.

move along

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Redder Eyed Star-Spawn (resub)

Hi guys. I appreciate all the comments. So glad you like the little star-spawn. I hummed the eldritch one to the muppet babies tune.