mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Refusing to grow up

Thanks, when I was running through the dwgs, I didn't notice the mushroom.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Pure EVIL

I would love to get this for my husband as a reminder.

wootertim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootertim
fishbiscuit5 wrote:My ver first BLA!!! Thank you so much, Thatrobert. Thanks for the nomination @wootertim. It's wonderful to receive recognition by the woot community!

My pleasure - thank YOU for this great design

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: red tiger

I think my friend had this blanket in middle school. I had the wolf version.

dpeters21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpeters21

lunadust12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12
blinddog3d wrote:
W8 a tick?!!!? Is that a mole? This is a picture of a tattoo! Oh my Goddess! That's funny.
BlindDog3D

hahhahaha thats a new one

H2ORip

quality posts: 1 Private Messages H2ORip
walmazan wrote:Thanks for all the comment and votes guys!

Love the Dr. Pepper little joke. Cutely executed design.

H2ORip

Re: Masque of the Red Death

The art on here is amazing, not necessarily my style or something i'd wear, but I have to give you credit on a beautifully created piece.

H2ORip

Re: REDS'KINI

Love the design, and it looks GREAT on the shirt - just a style begging to be printed. Shame its a bit out of the cloud at the moment, hopefully that changes. GMV

H2ORip

Re: Into The Woods

Love the work you two put out consistently. Not something i could see myself wearing, so no vote this time around, but it's a beautiful piece none the less. Really hope to see more designs in derbies in the future.

shotts1365

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shotts1365

AWESOME!

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs
Re: Solo Solo

thanks for all the votes and comments!

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

Original idea and sketch by Drakxxx that he posted in the pre-derby thread.

User "Mavyn" said "My complaint would be the gun. I see Hood as more the sword-carrying type." and so I guess Drakxxx took that into account and revised the drawing. This is the one I received.

I scanned the forums before getting started and read a post by "hoxe" that read "I absolutely love the idea, but what about stretching the wolf's head out away from her at an angle? Just thinking too many designs end up feeling too vertical for my taste; I like when the design works on more of the shirt canvas." and I sort of agreed that it might be better if it took up more space so I redrew the wolf and went wild with the torn cape into wolf transition.

Drakxxx liked the wolf and left it alone (possibly thinking it might bite), made a few tweaks, toned down the shredded threads, and then added a couple extra placeholder layers. First he thought some trees might be cool. Next, he had the idea of having the path through the woods in there. Lastly, a very optional moon if the design needed it.

I spent quite a bit of time doing a lot of blending. Just trying to break down some of the harsh separations and make it feel like one flowing idea. So I tattered the cape a bit to flow into the jagged nature of the trees and wolves fur. I tried to do the same with the colors. As I worked on it I felt that a moon was not only unnecessary, but would be a distraction. Other than that, I did some clean ups and such.

And there's a little glimpse at some of the actual back and forth that took place for this design. Thanks as always.

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Red Dragon

He suh kewt! >_<

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
roofoo wrote:How do you submit a daily?

sorry so late in responding but there's a link right below with the link for derbies. There you can sub a daily submission to be considered for print.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d

This is so spectacular, I wish I'd've thought of it 1st! It's so "Soxy!"

Good Luck! Hope it goes to the top!

BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

creativehack wrote:Cheers BlindDog!
Nothing like a little constructive criticism...guess I'm just waiting for the constructive part now

The Mushroom eyes were an improvement, the Peter Pan face needs rethinking, make it cute like the mushroom and loose the faerie!

Colorz are gr8, I like the red, but I think the message is lost, even though I get it. I'm a Super Mario freak and I felt insulted. Concept is spot on, I really do get it.

If your gonna hack, do it "creatively" (like your tag implies). Didn't mean to troll, I just thought it looked rushed. If you are gonna enter late, make it worth it our while. Even if it gets rejected, have a backup plan and if you're gonna resub, do more than add a pair of eyes you got from a Ramyb rip-off. rework the beeyatch. Seeya in future woots, I'm sure.

much love,
BlindDog

jennaelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jennaelf
Re: Red Eyed Star-Spawn

This theme, another theme. I would wear the bajeebus out of this shirt.

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
blinddog3d wrote:The Mushroom eyes were an improvement, the Peter Pan face needs rethinking, make it cute like the mushroom and loose the faerie!

Colorz are gr8, I like the red, but I think the message is lost, even though I get it. I'm a Super Mario freak and I felt insulted. Concept is spot on, I really do get it.

If your gonna hack, do it "creatively" (like your tag implies). Didn't mean to troll, I just thought it looked rushed. If you are gonna enter late, make it worth it our while. Even if it gets rejected, have a backup plan and if you're gonna resub, do more than add a pair of eyes you got from a Ramyb rip-off. rework the beeyatch. Seeya in future woots, I'm sure.

much love,
BlindDog

Appreciate the follow-up Blinddog
It might look rushed because it was (a little), I'm still trying to work out this halftone thing and I only resubbed because I noted others missed the joke (and I drew those eyes in illustrator last night based on this reference image, not other shirt designer's work)
Thanks for the feedback on PP's face, I was trying something new (for me) and was going for cute so I guess I missed there...
I thought I needed to include Tink so it would be obvious this was PP and not Link

See ya next go round

~hack

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

blinddog3d

What? No-ooooooooooooooooooooo!
Get back in the fog! I want this one to print, seriously!

BlindDig3D

blinddog3d

Re: skeeter eater

What does this have to do with red? Just asing cuz, I don't see it, but I'm blind, I could be wrong.

BlindDog3D

gayemeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
Re: The Redwood Estate

congrats on your Best Loser Award!

loopyhorse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loopyhorse

This is awesome

blinddog3d

cavyspirit wrote:Find them? X3 I drew them :3 The birds themselves live in South America :3
I wanted to use gradients for the background, but I can't figure out halftones in Photoshop yet :c So this is all I can offer, but thanks for the vote! ^w^

Smudge, blend, make transparent, ...do anything you want to it to get it where you want. Copy and paste that layer to a new window. In "Image/Mode" convert it to "grayscale," but make the spot colors Black and white, before you do. Then, convert to "Image/Mode/Bit Map." It will prompt you for "halftone screen" specs. Choose "30 lines per inch" or a smaller number (30 or less), choose lines or dots, and then convert it back to grayscale.

Duplicate the layer and delete the locked layer. Then covert it to RGB mode and then "color select" the opposite color of what you want to keep and delete it (Black if you want to keep white or Vise versa). Select/inverse select and adjust brightness & contrast to 100%. While still selected, use a large brush to color it to the desired color. Select all and cut and paste it back into your artwork, then align it. Done.

Walmazan has posted a detailed video of the entire process and I found it quite helpful. He's a real genius at this stuff and makes it look so easy. But, if you have any questions, feel free to email me @ blinddog3d@hotmail.com

I hope this helped.
BlindDog3D

loopyhorse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loopyhorse

Cute! especially after seeing Rio, I'd definitely get one for my girls

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin
Re: Early Bird

GMV i really like it, too bad its not very noticed

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Perco wrote:those dudes scare me!-lol

Me too. Its funny, because in the course of researching redeads for this design, I learned that redeads are blind, and more importantly, if you don't run or swing your sword around them, they won't attack you!
I have yet to test this, Perco, but perhaps on your next Hylian excursion, you will have an easier time.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
timelessblur wrote:I love the The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time refernce. Very well done. Sadly I think it is over most of the peoples heads here.

Thanks! I thought it was a shoo-in with TWO video game references, but it is a little too far fetched. Oh well.

blinddog3d

Smudge, blend, make transparent, ...do anything you want to it to get it where you want. Copy and paste that layer to a new window. In "Image/Mode" convert it to "grayscale," but make the spot colors Black and white, before you do. Then, convert to "Image/Mode/Bit Map." It will prompt you for "halftone screen" specs. Choose "30 lines per inch" or a smaller number (30 or less), choose lines or dots, and then convert it back to grayscale.

Duplicate the layer and delete the locked layer. Then covert it to RGB mode and then "color select" the opposite color of what you want to keep and delete it (Black if you want to keep white or Vise versa). Select/inverse select and adjust brightness & contrast to 100%. While still selected, use a large brush to color it to the desired color. Select all and cut and paste it back into your artwork, then align it. Done.

Walmazan has posted a detailed video of the entire process and I found it quite helpful. He's a real genius at this stuff and makes it look so easy. But, if you have any questions, feel free to email me @ blinddog3d@hotmail.com

I hope this helped.
BlindDog3D

zombiegenocide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombiegenocide
Re: Now How The Reindeer Will Love ME

I am confused by it being a girl. If it was a male, then I would have voted for it, but it doesn't make sense that a girl would pretend to be Rudolph (a boy) by just painting her nose.

blinddog3d

Re: Wont grow up

So, is that a quality post, or what? brUno

blinddog3d

Re: summer moon

It looks like gradients, and if its not then post a close-up showing your stuff.

If not, I'm gonna tattle on you and get you rejected. I will, I promise. Don't mess with the dog! I'm tenacious if I want you gone!

BlindDog3D

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
blinddog3d wrote:Smudge, blend, make transparent, ...do anything you want to it to get it where you want. Copy and paste that layer to a new window. In "Image/Mode" convert it to "grayscale," but make the spot colors Black and white, before you do. Then, convert to "Image/Mode/Bit Map." It will prompt you for "halftone screen" specs. Choose "30 lines per inch" or a smaller number (30 or less), choose lines or dots, and then convert it back to grayscale.

I hope this helped.
BlindDog3D

Walmazan vid here

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
Re: The fierce red fire dragon

I have a weak spot for dragons, and I really like this design! I think the wings are the best part, really nice shape to them. Not sure why, but the legs bother me a little bit...maybe too long, or awkward angle? Can't quite place it...I'm also not feelin the shadow either. I don't know how I'd do it different though. Sorry I'm useless =P

GMV for dragons and nice overall work. Sorry for being so nitpicky but I'm very particular with dragons =P

fleetfarx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fleetfarx
Re: Red Sky At Night, Sailor's Delight

My grandfather (a Coast Guard captain in his day) and my dad (retired Navy, was a shooter on an aircraft carrier) are rooting for this shirt.
My grandmother, an artist, is as well. You've got my whole family on board!

That said, this is easily one of the best designs I've seen on woot. Very clever, and very striking.

angeluv23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angeluv23
Re: Firefish

Happy?

laggyg

CrescentDebris wrote:Every time I check up on the derby I see this sad little guy in 10th. He just wants to be in the top.

If you missed it, he had a brief moment of glory in the fog...but has since been booted back out...bummer =(

If this can gather enough momentum somehow to burst past the other contenders and print in this round that would be awesome, but if not...here's to hoping for an HM for round 2 in the next Double Take...and if all else fails there's always EC! =)

Best of luck, Solo!

shellstars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellstars
melfox86 wrote:I like the black you added. Maybe some sunset-looking clouds?

I still love the phoenix you made :-)

Thank you :D

~ shells

DA: qmab.deviantart.com
Red Bubble: redbubble.com/people/teeshell

laggyg

Re: Skin and Bones

Even though it's not doing so hot here, you HAVE to let me know if you end up subbing this somewhere else. I'd LOVE to buy one! =)

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan

Definitely my favorite from the derby this week. Nice work!