polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
Re: Resistance

Really like this one. The coloring is fantastic. I'll buy it if it prints, although it'll be the second nuclear shirt I've bought off of woot. That may send up a red flag or two.

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
skirochester wrote:i'm going to take your word for it that there are 99

I'm more than sure someone on here will take the time to count and let me know if I mis-calculated.

polluxoil

Re: Cardinal

Yes! I hope this stays in the fog. Awesome shirt. I agree about the design placement, in that if it were off-center a little bit, it would have been perfect. Still, definitely one I'll buy if it prints.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
tgentry wrote:I thought Japanese cranes were white? Can you explain the connection to the theme?

This type of japanese cranes have a red 'hat' across the top of their heads, and I pictured them in the sunrise, flying up, giving the whole scene a pink tint to them.

http://blog.earth-touch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Japanese-crane.jpg

polluxoil

Re: Red Dragon

I always love your designs. This is awesome. I'll be okay giving up my dream of an all-cranberry top 3 if this is one of the prints.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Love Watermelon...

rejection in 3....2....

move along

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion

Hi Everyone! This is my second Derby design. I'm excited to enter again.

This design traces the derby's theme (RED!) through the flags of the world's most populous countries. Everyone seems to want red in their flag, so I made a red-licious flag for the world out of the scarlet elements in individual nations' banners.

Part of the fun is piecing together which flags are which, but I'll tell you at least that the top left-hand corner is China and the bottom right-hand corner is Peru.

Vote if you enjoyed the design. Good luck to all derby entrants!

commercialdiver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages commercialdiver
Re: She cuts you down

Please win!!!!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Red Axe vs Red Star

Wow I'm really confused by this you have what looks like a cosmonaut with a hammer and sickle fighting a american firefighter with an axe both on dragons?!? Talk about strange pairings o_O

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega

It's unbelievable what you're able to do with just 6 colors. Amazing!

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
Re: Love Watermelon...

dang, y'know how many guys would buy that shirt?

evchristensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evchristensen
Re: Rooted Passion

I really wish you would offer an alternate of this on black. It's an amazing design and this is just my 2 cents.

tjost

Re: Red Shirts

This is funny but your gonna need to resub sans the starfleet badge on the red shirts or do a modified one thats not the highly copyrighted logo :S Nice work though.

kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
Re: RACHNID

this is neat. I always want to come up with designs like this, but alas, i lack the capacity. have you submitted a version of this before? it seems vaguely familiar...

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
tjost wrote:Wow I'm really confused by this you have what looks like a cosmonaut with a hammer and sickle fighting a american firefighter with an axe both on dragons?!? Talk about strange pairings o_O

Yeah this is both confusing yet awesome at the same time. What would you say if someone asked you what your shirt was about though?

Check out my Derby Shirt!

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
Re: Stoq Hammertime

The 80's had all the best music and systems of government.

rodrigobhz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rodrigobhz
Re: Broken heart

"Red" reminds me of love, passion and tragedy.

Some people say this poor little fella lost his love in an terrible accident with a paper shredder. Others say she abandoned him and escaped to Rio de Janeiro with a Post-It. Which story is true, I don't know. But this poor little fella didn't stand the suffering and succumbed to overwhelming pain of love.

rodrigobhz

tjost

Re: Red Summer Skies

Nice work on this Patrick but those clouds are bugging me. They have nice form, but since you didn't stay true to the light sourcing you used for the main elements they feel very flat and pasted on, not like they're actually in the background. I'm sure this will do well nontheless

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
theWanker wrote:The 80's had all the best music and systems of government.

Alas, when I submitted this I hadn't counted on the backwards p turning into an uppercase Q in the title.

Just pretend it's Cyrillic.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8

This will look spectacular.. awesome colors!

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Raise a Red Flag

I can see the thumbnail, but not the larger shirt photos

sneezycop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneezycop
Re: RACHNID

Which color shirt is this on? White or silver?

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
tjost wrote:Wow I'm really confused by this you have what looks like a cosmonaut with a hammer and sickle fighting a american firefighter with an axe both on dragons?!? Talk about strange pairings o_O

YEAH! That's what it is.

I started out with a fight fire with fire theme, and then the fireman ended up on a dragon. So of course the cosmonaut needed a dragon, too...

tjost

kevincrimi wrote:Yeah this is both confusing yet awesome at the same time. What would you say if someone asked you what your shirt was about though?

You'd just stare at them with a slight bit of contempt on your face and act like they're too pedistrian not to understand it Nice job on this before I forgot to mention, just crazy juxtaposing.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

I'm not much of a red fan or a bird fan but this is simply an awesome piece. Hope to see it print.

taylertot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53503]Ridley Scott Presents

Just to be clear...as maybe I overestimated the prestige of Ridley Scott...he would be the director of Alien.

grumpypuppy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grumpypuppy
Re: Show off.

I thought the design had to be in red/pink if it was on anything other than a red or cranberry t-shirt.

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh

Drawing and tone created on iPad2. A different approach for me. I need to ketchup to the leaders this week . Thanks for viewing.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Travisdoesmath wrote:

Not to synch my nerd goggle too tight here, but it's canonically sound for this species to be red. There are even grey and bluish ones in some of the literature and video games, but I'll save those for the grey and bluish derbies.

parrotworks

Re: operation complication

Funny. That didn't show on the x-ray.

blastfemur1970

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blastfemur1970
Re: Secret Recipe

Perfect!
Love the style!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Born from Fire and Ice

If you are a demon born from Fire, you'll always be very thirsty. So having a Kool jar of juice near at all times, it's a most!

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Red Rover

Simple and brilliant!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
kaleidoscopicfailure wrote:this is neat. I always want to come up with designs like this, but alas, i lack the capacity. have you submitted a version of this before? it seems vaguely familiar...

thank you for the comments. as to familiarity, odysseyroc and myself had a design we had worked on together for a daily. This was one of the panels I had drawn and od-roc had colored. However the the daily was declined. So I went back to the panel and recolored the line work adding tonal shading and roughing and fading to produce what you see.

sneezycop wrote:Which color shirt is this on? White or silver?

white.

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion
blk909 wrote:I can see the thumbnail, but not the larger shirt photos

Uh-oh. I don't know why it's doing that. I can see the image fine. Is there somewhere I can contact for help with something like that?

parrotworks

Clever!

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
kevincrimi wrote:I really like the tree/sunset idea but I think it would have come across a lot better on the shirt if you faded out the black instead of it just cutting off at the printable area borders. Just my opinion

I third this opinion.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: She cuts you down

Wow. Nice work with the, uh, "wall decoration." Morbid but I like it, excellent job!

midgerock

love the expressions! I can only imagine with my dirty mind what the secret to the recipe being whispered!! gmv

midgerock

I really dig the whole feel of this. Looks great on the shirt and warmth of the colors. gmv