kkessler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kkessler
Re: Sketchbook

For some reason this immediately reminded me of the Reading Rainbow opening credits. Well done. And now I'll be singing the song all night long, and likely tomorrow too.

kkessler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kkessler
kkessler wrote:For some reason this immediately reminded me of the Reading Rainbow opening credits. Well done. And now I'll be singing the song all night long, and likely tomorrow too.

And yes, I realize other designs are trying to use that idea directly, but you're not here and yet I still get the feel. Anyway - I still like it a lot.

callthekiteman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages callthekiteman

Yes, yes, yes. Want.

lesleylynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lesleylynn
Re: To Serve Chicken

i luv this shirt!!

lavenderpoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lavenderpoet
Re: A Catchy Theme Song

I laughed so hard that tears ran down my face, and not just cause it was so late that it was Jatravartid-o'clock. I actually wish for a different color background only because the silver in person just kinda looks like a dirty white shirt to me. But it's GMV and I'm in for 3 if it prints!

lavenderpoet

lavenderpoet wrote:I laughed so hard that tears ran down my face, and not just cause it was so late that it was Jatravartid-o'clock. I actually wish for a different color background only because the silver in person just kinda looks like a dirty white shirt to me. But it's GMV and I'm in for 3 if it prints!

That should read Jatravartid o clock. Did I just get censored or something?

lavenderpoet

lavenderpoet wrote:That should read Jatravartid o clock. Did I just get censored or something?

Yes. Yes I did. In this instance, stoooopid refers to overlaughing due to a late hour, not in any way referring to a shirt or idea. Carry on.

lemontree2099

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lemontree2099

please please please post if this prints somewhere else. gmv, best series ever

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: A Catchy Theme Song

I was struggling mightily to read the lyrics along with the design until I realized it was top to bottom. Why would you do that to me? Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyy?

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
almsforoblivion wrote:Herman Melville's most famous book, A Clockwork Orange, Charlotte's Web, Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Lord of the Flies, Harry Potter, and the Cat in the Hat?

Left to right:
Moby boghog, clockwork orange, charlotte's web, alice in wonderland, wizard of oz, dracula, lord of the flies, the lion, witch and the wardrobe, the cat in the hat.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
DoublEE wrote:Did I miss something? Where does it say it has to be a parody?

I believe he is referring to this in the derby guidelines:

"Obviously, copyrighted characters and celebrity author likenesses are off limits."

Specifically, the copyrighted characters.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
skirochester wrote:Read Me.

Now not walking backwards

Revote please.

Yay!

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
Re: Multiplication For Bunnies

They gotta learn somehow...

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

That part freaks me out! GMV

Re: This Story never ends (no text)

jb2colorado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jb2colorado
Re: Funny Things are Everywhere

This is the first Ramy shirt I'm excited about. It's original and it GMV. Applause is necessary. Well done.

omarfeliciano

omarfeliciano

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Digital Companionship

This is so adorable!!! You do such great characters, Nblottie! +1!

omarfeliciano

Can't go wrong with colors like that. Very nice

[/url][/quote]

urjewishgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urjewishgirl
Re: The Grammarian

I wish you had made the "Escaping lolspeak" title easier to see, kinda like it was in the prederby but I think that having them as separate books is good too so maybe you should have it on another book but just have the spine of that book turned more towards the front of the shirt

Even with it being hard to see, I still like the shirt enough to vote for it

BUT

If you think it is early enough I think it would be great if you did a resubmit since I see that as be a critical part of the shirt-a part that made me lol

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

wubupon wrote:This is GREAT! I mean I don't know how to read, but I REALLY like this. I hope it wins!

har har. thanks duuude!

bobdaduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobdaduck
Re: I Love Books

I like this one! I'll buy it and would wear it!
Very cleaver! Color choice, design, all are great!

jillydreadful

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jillydreadful
Re: Brontë’s Angels

This is for all the English Majors!

bobdaduck

Re: Jealousy

I will buy this for my son, he'll love it!!! He's an avid reader with a great sense of humor! He always likes the well thought out Woot shirts that have humor involved! This one is a winner, because everyone gets it and can relate to it. People who read, and hopefully, that's most of us, have said this before, because Hollywood often messes up the movie cause they have to cut out so much. Very clever design and so-o true!!!

zpank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zpank
Re: Reading Rocket Ship

"Butterfly in the sky,
I can go twice as high
Take a look
It's in a book
Reading Rainbow
I can go anywhere
Friends to know
And ways to grow
Reading Rainbow
Reading Rainbow"

bobdaduck

Re: The Real Treasure

Nice! I like your idea and the implementation! Great shirt!

bobdaduck

Re: second star to the left ...

I like the luminescence! Of course, that figures since I have bought several shirts from woot that have luminescent planets on them! Good job!

bobdaduck

Every parent who has a teenager will buy this shirt! It's so funny and drives the point home that we're all trying to make. I'll buy two! This is communication in 2011--unfortunately, parents, myself included wish their children would communicate in person more! You've nailed it though! Do you communicate primarily this way too? (Woot, please run a "Communicate/communication in Person" derby, where people talk to one another and see each others expressions, etc., one day too!)

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Literary fail

I never was much of a reader.

bobdaduck

Oops! I looked at it again and realized that one is a book--oh well, I still like it, but you really should consider making the book into an I-phone! You'd sell a million I bet.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: I Love Books

Ehh, too common for my taste. I've seen this as a photo too many times, and it's pretty easy to google.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

bobdaduck

Re: I Book Books

I say--every librarian and English teacher in the country will want one and kids during read a book week at school! Short, sweet, and to the point! It will sell because it's the obvious. The book is a heart and we all love books! Good work!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: The Real Treasure

Voted. Fun design and on a shirt colour I don't yet have!

Do the letters secretly spell anything? I think the letters for WALMAZAN seem to be prominent... but that might just be my imagination.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

bobdaduck

Re: Storytime

Clever, but it should have been a girl on the book with this color of shirt I think. My first thought was I'd buy it for my daughter, but when I realized it was a boy, I changed my mind. Still it's a great shirt!

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: You Are What You Eat

Very clever, and I love the background.

bobdaduck

I like this one and would buy it for my son! He loves humor and good points that people get! Great shirt! Great color too (He loves red!) We'll buy it!

bobdaduck

Actually, I think I'd buy "two." One for my son and one for my daughter--the background makes it a little more girly. This is true about a lot of things! Books, food, movies, the internet, magazines, etc. Again very well done!

bobdaduck

Re: Brontë’s Angels

I'd like "Austen's Angels" better, catchier
and alliteration. Good job though I really like it and would were it myself. BTW, I'm bobdaduck's Mom--the one who buys "one ton" of Woot shirts--we're hooked! Thanks to you and so-o many others who do such a great job. I would like for Woot to make a ladies XXL shirt for the over 50's Mom's. Their ladies sizes are juniors sizes. Please pass this on to them okay? Again, great shirt! Thanks for your artistic efforts!

faultylogic83

quality posts: 2 Private Messages faultylogic83
Re: Oh No Not Again!

Love it!

hankescu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hankescu
ApeLad wrote:I never was much of a reader.

HA! Very funny!