scruz78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scruz78
Re: The Original Blockbuster

Love this one Boots. The nicknames are awesome!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Mouse Cookie = Work

I learned about elementary physics in Kindergarten today!

neinahpets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neinahpets
mrwednesday wrote:The hat is still completely two dimensional, not to mention there's really no parody whatsoever.

Kitten in the hat? ..it's not the original cat in the hat so I doubt it hits being a copyrighted character.

☆ In ars veritas ☆

ainecful

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ainecful
Re: Sketchbook

By far my favorite.

Also, if you're worried about the white (although I can't think why you would be) you can very easily dye it to the color of your choice using store-bought dye.

Personally, I love it just the way it is.

justice08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justice08
omeza wrote:Hey, just some feed back... Like the design a lot but i think it'd look better w/ different colors

Thank you very much for your comment I always appreciate feedback. I played around with different colors and these seemed the best to me, but I am new at this. I would love to hear what colors you think would be better, then I'll try another version. :>)

tarakeet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarakeet

Is it more immature to make a shirt with a cross on it, or not to be familiar with great works of literature? Or to decide that anything with a cross on it is offensive? Not to understand what the word "allegory" means?

Jesus wasn't the only person ever crucified and a cross isn't strictly a Christian symbol, so unless you understood the story of Moby boghog, this shirt could be completely unreligious.

justice08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justice08
imagine77 wrote:Looks like its on heather, which I think they don't use anymore. The thumbnail color doesn't match the shirt template color either. I too like the concept though. Maybe add a bit more polish after the rejectionator (probably, maybe) gets through with it and you've got my resub vote.

Crap! Thanks for pointint that out. I have an old template. I will have to change the color what do you think of Silver?

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: Roland's Quest

epic series that extends through so many more books than just the seven in the Gunslinger series (almost gotta add Salem's Lot, Hearts In Atlantis and Insomnia at least!)

All aboard Charlie the Choo-Choo...

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

Mwhitlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mwhitlock

LOVE the owl - its stunning.

Not a huge fan of the dark mark tho - It looks great - just a matter of personal preference

bethlp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethlp
Re: Brontë’s Angels

Sooooo cool!

(Btw, the original "Charlie's Angels" wasn't alliterative, so Bronte's Angels works just fine.)

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
creativehack wrote:epic series that extends through so many more books than just the seven in the Gunslinger series (almost gotta add Salem's Lot, Hearts In Atlantis and Insomnia at least!)

All aboard Charlie the Choo-Choo...

So true. The series is epic beyond the heart of the books. Make sure you read the graphic novel compendiums to get the back stories! Oh, and Blaine the Mono scares me worse than Thomas the Tank. Now that's scary!!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Epic Battle

Gandalf knows to not touch the ring.

Nothing follows.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: You Are What You Eat

Love it!

pottermom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pottermom

want

njnash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njnash
Re: Funny Things are Everywhere

there's nothing Seussian about the design (aside from clearly ripping off his characters). would much prefer a shirt that conveys the message "Dr. Seuss" with a little creativity. he was an awesomely creative dude, and this shirt is far from inspired ... the good doctor deserves better.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Astronomer wrote:That's a nice picture of Ernest Hemingway you got there.

What's a Hemingway?

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
ApeLad wrote:What's a Hemingway?

about 160 pounds?

ApeLad

the603 wrote:I really like this one. It's very simple, but that sort of gives it its elegance. Well done!

Thanks! Plus this happens to me all the time!

njnash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njnash
Re: gutenbergers

love this ... neeeeed it.

ApeLad

odysseyroc wrote:about 160 pounds?

instantrimshot.com

lebercr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lebercr

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Imagination running wild

Reading sets the imagination running wild.

This is the first time I've tried using halftones in a design, I'm not sure how I feel about them yet.

For illustrator users how do you make gradients for complex shapes? It seems almost impossible with just using radial and linear gradients.

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
imagine77 wrote:Do you have to resubmit it? I guess my question is which version would be on the print, because I think the two hands version is much nicer

The print ready file has two hands!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Speed Reader

"Speed Reader"

In that age old race between the tortoise and the hare, the tortoise is a speed reader while the hare is still working on "See Spot Run".

Gertrudethemutilator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gertrudethemutilator
Re: Bi-curious George

I think this concept is hilarious, but would like to see it executed a little more subtly.

Life is like a box of chocolates, the good stuff's all gone, the rest will go eventually.

pghilard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pghilard
Re: Illiterate rainbow

LOVE the design can't stand the shirt color, white would have been awesome. Still gets my vote...

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: The Blue Fairy

Yay a Kevlar robot! I love it!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Gnomes and Molearty - VERSION2

The game is underfoot!

Version 2 is on an asphalt shirt, has a background and moonlight to give a better sense of the crime scene.

Hope you like it, thanks for looking!
---Spiritgreen

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
taternuggets wrote:Gandalf knows to not touch the ring.

I thought the same thing. XD I'm going to assume it's his elven ring though. I must be a nerd or something. ;)

Also, did I mention I really want this shirt? If it doesn't print, I'm going to... um... probably do nothing... but I will be really sad.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite

mmm, books are good

pghilard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pghilard
Re: SUPER FUN BOOK TIMES

Great work Matt! Colors fit the design perfectly.

naeylonsidhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naeylonsidhe
Re: second star to the left ...

I would LOVE to see this one print. i'd definitely buy it for my mom. She runs a company called Second Star Pilots. She'd definitely appreciate it. GMV

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite
Re: Peter Reader

i thought that it looked like a stomach, too. how about if the tunnel was longer and curved (like a switch-back)?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Gnomes and Molearty - VERSION2

This design is sponsored by Travelocity.*

*It's not, but I thought if I said that they might give me a free spa vacation.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Bi-curious George

I lol'ed at this one but suspected that rejection was coming.

Nothing follows.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: ghost stories!

Get this in the fog! Lets go peeps!

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
Re: A "reading" Rainbow

I just want to say "thanks" to everyone who has supported this one. When I first submitted this, it was really only because I liked it; I didn't really think anyone else would. I'm glad there's a few of you that do though, so thanks!

As far as not keeping the cells in a line, I kind of just figured it would be the same as when standard fonts run in different directions/orientations. I hope I haven't offended anyone by doing this. Anyway, thanks again, everyone. =)

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

shellykins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellykins
Re: Raskolnokov escapes

lol this is great

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion
Re: No Frigate Like a Book

Here's a better view of the design.

shellykins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellykins
taternuggets wrote:Collaboration between myself and Ignorant.

After some feedback, decided to resub on brown.

Thanks for looking!

I like that cross between Charlotte's Web and Animal Farm