Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
pghilard wrote:LOVE the design can't stand the shirt color, white would have been awesome. Still gets my vote...

Many folks dislike white, so I'm glad it's on a colored shirt. Besides, the pages won't show up if it was on a white shirt.

Still, if that's what you want, just add bleach.

kamukamu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamukamu
Re: Shelf Life

Is that Island of the Blue Dolphins?

And Harold and the Purple Crayon?

And The Little Prince?

You're amazing <3

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Just One More Chapter...(Sans Alien)

A+ work all the way.

jospeechpath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jospeechpath
Re: Slytherins are misunderstood

Pretty ball python, though.

krazykatlaydee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazykatlaydee
Re: A Wizard's Staff

Nanny Ogg!

shellstars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellstars
krazykatlaydee wrote:Nanny Ogg!

Yay a Pratchett fan I briefly considered the Hedgehog Song but thought it too risqué lol ;)

~ shells

DA: qmab.deviantart.com
Red Bubble: redbubble.com/people/teeshell

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Lewis Carroll Was Such a Card

Get. In. The. Fog.

DantesHavok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DantesHavok

I see a babelfish!

sashimichan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sashimichan
Re: philosophicMUSINGSofA spontaneously-generatedWHALE

Aw man, I'm really bummed this ended up being rejected. I need a good hitchhiker shirt.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: Roland's Quest

Marry me. O_O

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
spanchenblow wrote:
"Dammit, I don't know! Leave me alone!"

Haha. I don't completely agree, but this still made me laugh.

chocolover wrote:As cool as this shirt is it seems like the person got the idea from this threadless tshirt: http://www.threadless.com/product/2609/Storytellers?utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=gg_aff&utm_campaign=k210012

That shirt is great (I love that The Watchmen was used). The shirt was maybe used for inspiration, but it's a completely different shirt. Also, while maybe a bit off topic, does anyone know what book the monster with the apple is from (second row from the bottom)? I can only think of Where the Wild Things Are and The Very Hungry Caterpillar...

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Undersea Stories

Love the character here! great work!

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone

Oh my...

I almost clicked right past this design, thinking 'another Reading Rainbow reference'. I'm glad I didn't. I completely fell into this design and in searching for references. Everywhere I look I see an old friend.

Beautiful work, PP. You've outdone yourself.

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
laggyg wrote:Also, I just noticed there is a shadowy profile of a scruffy, bearded old man looking to the left in the enlarged yellow filled dot in the bg of your preview. Go ahead, TRY to un-see that. I dare you. =P

That which has been seen...

*tries to delete submission... but he's still there with his sideways glances... watching... always watching...*

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

mikfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikfoss
Re: ghost stories!

Why is this not in the fog??? I so want this shirt! Really, I do!

walmazan

Re: A Catchy Theme Song

READING RAINBOW! READING RAINBOW!

Great work my friend!

Sigma1061

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sigma1061

Dare I say this entry would be even better without the text? If anything, I'd say the text is redundant to what the art conveys.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Bastian's Nightlight (Re-dux)

First the alien, now Salome?

move along

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Thanks again, everyone. This has been a nailbiter to watch, lol.

poohluvr0804

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poohluvr0804
Re: The Grapes of Wrath

This shirt is perfectly AWESOME! I wish I could get one for my mom, she's a retired English teacher!

walmazan

Re: Support Your Local Library

hahahaha! so funny!

monkey770

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkey770
Re: The End

I love this! now that Netflix has all of TLZ episodes on instant my life is complete.

Megatrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Megatrain
Re: Support Your Local Library

Very nice!

If you actually want it on blue, you will probably need to resubmit with your detail and thumbnail on blue.

And what's in the lower-left corner? Can't see it on the shirt detail.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
brushfire wrote:I clicked on the image, but it's a broken link, is anyone else having a problem or is it just my yucky computer?

I really want to look at this close up, can you check your link Mr. Dog? (I voted antway, I just love this!)
BG

My company blocks the service where this is stored, maybe yours does also?

move along

tintan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tintan

wow. so much detail.... still trying to find all the references.

of course there is the wizard of oz with the yellow brick road and the emerald city. not sure whteher the red shoes belong in there as well or to the fairy tale 'the red shoes'.
the rose from beauty and the beast.
the queen of hearts
is that red planet in the upper right corner?

but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out the strawberry or the lion :D

hkb68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hkb68
Re: Literary fail

It reminds me of THIS.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
walmazan wrote:Love the character here! great work!

Agreed, it's very cute. Would make a great kid's shirt!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
sdkammer wrote:
Artists will always have fans and critics...I just can't understand why your critics are so angry.

Ramy's critics are angry because they've seen the same general designs from him year after year. The same consistency that his fans love drives his critics nuts because they don't see any growth or development (although fans might call that "perfecting the style"). There are other factors, but that's the big one from my observations.

As for this shirt, I am a big Dr. Seuss fan and see no disservice being done to the good doctor here. It's a fan shirt with obvious love for the source material, and I'm not going to fault Ramy for that.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: Undersea Stories

Awww, how cute!

Being a later submission, I'll say the odds of making it into the fog will be slim, but lets still try to get some votes (and a HM) here!

DiamondDrake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DiamondDrake
Re: I CAN GO ANYWHERE

So they can't run it. it's still HILARIOUS!

Travest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Travest

Interesting that 2 people called attention to copyrighted characters in this and Ramyb's Dr. Seuss...but the same people seem to have no problem with Mark Twain's visage being on 2 fogged shirts..last time i checked thats a "celebrity author likeness". Where's the rage there? Oh, maybe Adder is just misreading the rules so s/he can complain about the designer since the design has no fault..i see.

petitefilou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitefilou
laggyg wrote:They should TOTALLY make a carrying case for the real ones that makes it look like you have a real book (if they haven't done that already). Very funny design.

They totally have done that, and there's loads of how-tos using real books on the net if you want one

Also I would wear this, so voted!

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
hkb68 wrote:It reminds me of THIS.

totally made me think the same thing

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
chunkydesign wrote:Decided to resubmit this design again, after making some changes in the proportions, because in my first entry it seemed too "streched".
Here´s also, a link for a larger preview of the design - Unwritten Preview

I dunno, but I kind of think you staggered the momentum on your original entry with this really minor alteration resub. I think it might be far better to beg and plead with woot privately to let you make such a small change before printing instead of resubbing. They have made small changes like that before.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Travest wrote:Interesting that 2 people called attention to copyrighted characters in this and Ramyb's Dr. Seuss...but the same people seem to have no problem with Mark Twain's visage being on 2 fogged shirts..last time i checked thats a "celebrity author likeness". Where's the rage there? Oh, maybe Adder is just misreading the rules so s/he can complain about the designer since the design has no fault..i see.

In general, woot considers currently alive people, or recently dead folks, as 'celebrities'. Someone who died in 1910 doesn't fit that criteria so much. and copyright is copyright. lawsuits abound on copyright violations.

xadrian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xadrian
Re: Literary fail

I especially liked his guest starring role with Sister Mary Clarence.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Josephus wrote:I dunno, but I kind of think you staggered the momentum on your original entry with this really minor alteration resub. I think it might be far better to beg and plead with woot privately to let you make such a small change before printing instead of resubbing. They have made small changes like that before.

I guess you´re right, but most of all it was a question of bad timing. At the time I was submiting this version was when the other entered the hotness zone and started gaining a lot of votes. Either way it was never in a position of entering the fog, let alone having a chance to print, so it´s all good...

changelingfey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages changelingfey
bluejester wrote: Also, and I know I've said this about other designs like this before, and honestly it's just me trying to think ahead--but when you do placement of objects on a shirt think of placement of anatomy as well. Although this isn't outright a boob shirt, if the books were any farther apart it runs that risk. As it is, I can still think of a few risque remarks about "Opening up the covers, and skim through the good parts" based on the placement of the books here.

Not trying to be cruel or too goofy here, just trying to point out why this design might make the lady folk hesistant.

Mmkay, speaking as one of the ladyfolk, I must let you know that this is not one of the shirts I'd worry about being a "boob shirt." There are certainly shirts out there where the design would be obscured, or taken in the wrong way (though admittedly I've never had it happen), but this isn't one of them. If this prints I will buy it with no hesitation whatsoever.

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Josephus wrote:In general, woot considers currently alive people, or recently dead folks, as 'celebrities'. Someone who died in 1910 doesn't fit that criteria so much. and copyright is copyright. lawsuits abound on copyright violations.

Point being, this still is NOT copyright violation. Not even close.

consider this: woot included the "no star wars" rule, which would be redundant if "no copyright" was the same as no parody, which it's not. If they didn't want parody, they would either say "no parody" or "no pop culture references" which they've done before.

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
jasneko wrote:@suzer22 - thanks! Your comment helped me to include the little disgruntled squiggle cloud =)

@qetza - thank you!

@homestarrunner21 - I hear ya, but the book seemed too boastful that way: )

that squiggle definitely helps, but (for me at least) it probably would help if his facial expression was a little more angry/sad

nice design though