ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
toxicwombat wrote:This is really awesome -- great job!

i agree. I love sketching and have been far too long out of practice since I find it hard to find time lately.

How do you get it to look so nicely sketched digitally without gradients?

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Undersea Stories

Sooo cute!!! <3

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: All kinds of bookworms

Thanks amreli and aswati, and for the help!

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: Shelf Life

I love the Hungry Hungry Caterpillar reference! There are sooooo many things going on in this shirt and sadly I don't get all of them but it doesn't stop me from really really wanting one.

whenxxmetxy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whenxxmetxy

So cute!

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tazfreeatlast
Re: Literary fail

No offense intended, but how does this get around the "Obviously, celebrity author likenesses are off limits" rule?

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
Re: Literary fail

I need this shirt...

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
Re: Epic Battle

If anyone else looked at the the shirt referenced earlier, I now know what the book was that I couldn't identify; Twilight. I have to say, I'm kind of glad I couldn't tell...

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

HansonMcCrotch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HansonMcCrotch
tazfreeatlast wrote:No offense intended, but how does this get around the "Obviously, celebrity author likenesses are off limits" rule?

Yeah... I'm not sure Wifred Brimley would approve of you using him to sell shirts.

HarryBalzakk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HarryBalzakk
PixelPants wrote:KFC will have you for copyright infringement if you insist on using Colonal Sanders likeness.

ApeLad wrote:I actually called them about it. They said "have it your way."

Mmmm... I love Pizza Hut.

HarryBalzakk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HarryBalzakk
AdderXYU wrote:Though to be fair, there's really only one way to feel about it.

Exactly.

samuelrsheridan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samuelrsheridan
drinkingthesea wrote:Shakespeare wrote plays, not books. They are not the same thing. The script of a play is just the blueprint for the performance. It is not intended to be read like a book. This shirt, IMO, is off-topic.

I normally think posts that start with "Well I'm so educated I disagree with you" sound pretentious and Jatravartid. But as a playwright, with a MFA in playwrighting... you're wrong. You're overly generalizing, and you're being diminutive about a form of literature because it also functions in a performance art role?! That's just ridiculous.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ccazabon wrote:Point being, this still is NOT copyright violation. Not even close.

consider this: woot included the "no star wars" rule, which would be redundant if "no copyright" was the same as no parody, which it's not. If they didn't want parody, they would either say "no parody" or "no pop culture references" which they've done before.

To try to say this design falls under the copyright rule alone, is just ignorance or stupidity.

Actually, I don't really give a flying warp about whether there's a copyright violation (guess I never should have mentioned copyright in my response). All I was trying to do was help with the misunderstanding about 'celebrity likeness'. Copyright law, anyway, is so extensively litigated and complex, that I doubt that anyone who misunderstands some arcane portion of it is either ignorant or Jatravartid. To make such an ad hominem comment is just rude and trollish.

arthurjledoux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arthurjledoux
Re: Reading Books Is For Dummies

I wish this could have been printed.

arthurjledoux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arthurjledoux
sashimichan wrote:Aw man, I'm really bummed this ended up being rejected. I need a good hitchhiker shirt.

Ya me too. I saw this and was like "No WAY!"

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
ochopika wrote:I just made this for funnies. If you remember English class you might think its kinda funny too. Thank you for looking!

I do think it's kinda funny!

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Arachnobibliophilia

A last minute inspiration. I was actually working on a completely different entry since Friday but it just isn't coming together. I wish I had more time for this derby. I love the topic!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

JDSardone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JDSardone
Re: philosophicMUSINGSofA spontaneously-generatedWHALE

Darn, I really liked this shirt, Its the only one I voted for in this derby... Oh well another weekend with no new shirts

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Undersea Stories

Great color selection!

ccazabon

Josephus wrote:Actually, I don't really give a flying warp about whether there's a copyright violation (guess I never should have mentioned copyright in my response). All I was trying to do was help with the misunderstanding about 'celebrity likeness'. Copyright law, anyway, is so extensively litigated and complex, that I doubt that anyone who misunderstands some arcane portion of it is either ignorant or Jatravartid. To make such an ad hominem comment is just rude and trollish.

True, you didn't say this design was, I was mostly directing my argument against adder who insists that it is definitely against the rules. Yes copyright can be very complex, which on my part I poorly implied when saying that someone stating that this definitely violates it is ignorant to the fact that parody is allowed, even if the process for determining if it is goes into the "grey area"

ccazabon

I guess I would also appear to fall into the same category of simply saying that it's definitely not a violation on my original comment, so I'd rather correct that to say its not a definite copyright violation, or (in my opinion, based on what I know) even close.

ccazabon

AdderXYU wrote:Though to be fair, there's really only one way to feel about it.

HarryBalzakk wrote:Exactly.

really? I want to know what the only way to feel about a topic is.

I like this design, it definitely makes a statement...even if we aren't allowed to know it ;)

maryccollins18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maryccollins18
Re: Epic Battle

Must... Have... Precious shirt... We wants it. We needs it!!! In my opinion the battle between the books: HP would win. In my opinion!!! I love LOTR too, just HP more. The battle between these wizards: Gandalf would destroy. The real battle would be between Gandalf and Dumbledore... Yea!

beckyeas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beckyeas

WANT +3! I would buy one for every member of my family! So clever!

coleyoung912

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coleyoung912
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53747]A

I really like the idea, very original

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig
Re: dilliterate

Love this one! Wish it was in earlier!

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig

coleyoung912

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coleyoung912

I definitely want to have this shirt

alisabin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alisabin
Re: Roland's Quest

very good, fishbiscuit.

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
Re: Shelf Life

I love, love, love, love it. I don't wear t-shirts but if this one prints, I plan on buying one for myself, one for my daughter, one for every teacher and librarian and book lover I know.

I'm wondering, though...if it prints, will you tell us all the references? Please???

adorabrooke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adorabrooke
Re: Unwritten (Resub)

This is my favorite. I would wear this. I will if it prints.

adorabrooke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adorabrooke

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
tintan wrote:wow. so much detail.... still trying to find all the references.

but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out the strawberry or the lion :D

I'm just guessing but I think the red lion is also part of The Oz series. A red lion is a symbol of courage.

So, am I right?

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

You could title this RTFM and put a wildebeest on the cover to make it a Linux joke.

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj
tazfreeatlast wrote:No offense intended, but how does this get around the "Obviously, celebrity author likenesses are off limits" rule?

Doubt it'll be an issue. Let's be honest, it looks nothing like Emily Brontë.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Spiritgreen wrote:@limonmix & j5, thanks! I appreciate it. ^_^

@marzipan', I'm impressed you've seen the show! It is very good, isn't it? Was that via BBC America?

(new episodes coming this Autumn)

Someone had it on Netflix and I decided to give it a watch. So good. :9

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: The Blue Fairy

I love those clunky feet of his. I really like that he's a go-getter, rather than a sitter-arounder. I'm rooting for him to catch that fairy.

brushfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brushfire
Re: Just One More Chapter...(Sans Alien)

j5 wrote:My company blocks the service where this is stored, maybe yours does also?

You were right, J5, when I got home it opened just fine on mine. Hmm, curious?

Oh my, did you see the dog's nose? Aww! I just lost my Big dog, I miss him so much, but we got a new puppy just 3 weeks ago. The dog makes me love it 100x's MORE!

I want,want,want this!
You must be a real "Dog Lover," aren't ya?
BG