thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
krouth wrote:What's not to get??? It's a fairly popular Stephen King quote...

That's the problem. It's clearly a King quote, so why is it next to a picture of Chaucer?

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo

Wonderful.

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
Re: BOOKWORM TIM!!!!! Grooovy or DEWEY

PLEASE DELETE This Entry was to Late and I did not get the right file up

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
holothuria wrote:I like the concept and most of the execution, but the ruby slippers annoy me. That's a movie reference; they are silver in the book.

Maybe it's "The Red Shoes"
Hans Christian Andersen

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: too much reading will damage your vision

I like the work, ChunkyD...even knowing that the lines are parallel, I find it hard to wrap my mind around the concept.

Here is another link.

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria

My brain! What did you do to my brain? +1 from me, although I wish you'd put them in a bookcase, so it would be clear that they really are rectilinear.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign

Thank you both for your feedback and comments. As for the bookcase that was also my idea, but since I didn´t have much time to work on this and try different approaches, I ended up using a safe one that would guarantee the optical illusion worked.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
elderwyrm wrote:Whoops. That shirt should be black, not white. I wonder how I fix that....

Resubmitting is the only way to 'fix' it, and the submission time has closed. Sorry. Great lion, tho!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jnorah

jnorah wrote:PLEASE DELETE This Entry was to Late and I did not get the right file up

Just wanted to say thanks to The Shirt.Woot team for taking care of this for me! I hope to re submit this entry at a later time.

Again THANKs!!!!!!

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
krouth wrote:What's not to get??? It's a fairly popular Stephen King quote...

lolololol... I almost said "oh I don't read a lot of Stephen King".

I guess I'll never know where the idea for this shirt comes from. It is the best trolling shirt I've ever seen though.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
phineus wrote:Thanks for the compliments and suggestions! Would love to work off of your critiques, but I don't think a resub is worthwhile at this point, even though this isn't doing quite as well as I had hoped...

Its okay, just keep submitting things each week!

chunkydesign

jnorah wrote:Thanks I think every one has read something in the bathroom

I guess is quite safe to say that for a lot a people, it´s their most important, if not the only place, to read...

Jimswoot1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jimswoot1
Re: Edgar's Cat

I love this shirt. It's definately at least 3 of his best stories all worked together into one awesome idea!

kristenvercauteren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristenvercauteren

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Reading Rocket Ship

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • From the summer to the spring, from the mountain to the air, from Samaritan to sin, and it's waiting on the air.

thatrobert

Re: A Grimm Tale

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • From the summer to the spring, from the mountain to the air, from Samaritan to sin, and it's waiting on the air.

thatrobert

Re: Shelf Life

• This is not SPAM.

anishell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anishell
taternuggets wrote:I think it might be stronger without the text.

I was contemplating of removing the text but I was too late to change that

thatrobert

Re: The End

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: London and his Dogs

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: American Heritage

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: ghost stories!

• This is not SPAM.

jnorah

chunkydesign wrote:I guess is quite safe to say that for a lot a people, it´s their most important, if not the only place, to read...

I agree!!! Lol

anishell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anishell
anishell wrote:It's the top book genre comes to life!...Except one. "Horror" book is after "Romance" book for her brain and only "Adventure" book can save her.

Hi! I am new to shirt.woot and t-shirt designing. Therefore, any thoughts and suggestions would be really appreciated!

toxicwombat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toxicwombat

Lewis Carroll shirt is definitely one of the best designs I've seen on here in some time! Fantastic work sir!

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: Sketchbook

What can I say, thanks for all those wonderful comments, i really apreciate them. You make me want to work harder

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Literary fail

-1 for blatant Internet meme

move along

march2867

quality posts: 0 Private Messages march2867

chunkydesign wrote:I know is way too late to be submiting anything to a derby, but I would like to get some feedback on this concept, because, to be honest, I´m not sure of what to think of it myself...
For anyone not familiar with this optical illusion - Cafe Wall Illusion

I think the illusion is great but I don't like the title - it states reading is detrimental.

phineus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phineus

aw man I wish this wasn't so late, it's way better than half the stuff in the fog

chunkydesign

march2867 wrote:I think the illusion is great but I don't like the title - it states reading is detrimental.

I understand your point, but I think you´re "reading too much" into that title. It´s just a simple play on words, between the damaged vision and the fact that our brain trick us into seeing something different from what is really there.

march2867

quality posts: 0 Private Messages march2867
chunkydesign wrote:I understand your point, but I think you´re "reading too much" into that title. It´s just a simple play on words, between the damaged vision and the fact that our brain trick us into seeing something different from what is really there.

If that is what you meant the title to mean, that our brains can trick us into seeing something different from what is really there (the damaged vision), then there is no correlation with reading, unless reading is in fact the cause.
How about "Stories can blur the lines of reality."
Still, I'd vote for it because the shirt doesn't have the title on it. The illusion is baffling. I clicked on the link to wiki and then back to your shirt and actually followed the horizontal lines with my finger. It's like an Escher.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Thanks again for the comments and support! And thank you, Robert!!

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc
Re: Funny Things are Everywhere

Always like your work. GMV

mverc

Re: I Eernd Thees Scills

Love the idea. Personally would like the entire image to be smaller...still GMV

mverc

Don't see many optical illusions on Woot...I like it. GMV

arunsudhindra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arunsudhindra
Re: Bright

Nice!

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
Re: Shelf Life

I say the ring is not LOTR but The Golden Ring because LOTR already had a reference and The Golden Ring has a color in the title.

Well, okay, that and I was never a Tolkien fan.

logophilia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages logophilia
Re: Four Legs Good Two Legs Bad

Reference to George Orwell's Animal Farm?

cyclebex

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cyclebex
Lish64 wrote:I was trying to go for a subtle harry potter reference with the stag, Harry's patronus, but maybe the design needs a little bit more of a HP hint.

I didn't get the HP reference, but this shirt is beautiful!

albatrosski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albatrosski
Re: Choose Your Own Bible Adventure!

LOL :D This is just plain AWESOME!