design: hilarious. well done you two.
the discussion: hilarious!
kevlar: Babel fish! ;)

colton45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colton45

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: El Luchador

Mexican lucha libre was one of the things i liked to watch on tv when i was a kid but the big experience was the first time i went to the local arena , that was the bomb!! , you cant get more 3D experience than that , five colors on asphalt , thanks! (o;

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: What do you mean Roswell's in NEW Mexico?

what the roswell is this doing out the fog!? get back der yoooouuu!!!!

This came out great and love how looks on the shirt!

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig
doodlethis101 wrote:The face of the sun god appears on my tortilla!

That's funny!

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
taylertot wrote:Red is all that is good in the world. Red also makes my boobs look bigger.

While I support boobs and most boob related activities I cannot condone misrepresenting one's size to be larger than it actually is. So that is another point against red tee shirts to me. I am biased I admit, guys rarely look good in red, you ever see a person in red pants? case closed

midgerock

Re: Nacho Libre

this came out great! I wish there was more love for Nacho Libre!!! More Love!

WidowFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WidowFrog
llandar wrote:Jesus, why not just have them climbing over a fence to get into the country?

This was not meant to have anything to do with the illegal immigration debate that is going on in our country.

It was meant to be about Migrant Workers. If that causes offense to any of Mexican heritage.. I and my husband (who will respond shortly) apologize. No offense was meant. We sincerely apologize.

My husband has never created any work that was meant to demean or hurt another person.

We have high respect for all peoples of all nationalities. We highly enjoy the diversities to be found within other cultures. We spend much time learning about them.

I myself come from a highly diverse background that covers many cultures that are stereotyped in a hurtful way on a regular basis, and would never (or allow those who I am particularly close to) push any kind of racism, bigotry, sexism against anyone.

Before accusing my husband of something as awful as you are accusing him of, please take the time to communicate with him. None of his previous work, would warrant such an awful assumption from Woot staff.

midgerock

Re: Ancient Astronaut

Stunning and looks like it was lifted straight from a Mayan hieroglyphic! well done!

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
ramyb wrote:El Zorro, the fictional character, is not a religious entity of any sort and is obviously the character referenced in the design.

Okay, so you admit that this design features El Zorro, the Spanish character featured in American books and films.

ramyb wrote:Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla, who was also known as El Zorro, was similar to the fictional Zorro in the sense that he was of Spanish descent but lived in Mexico and defended the Mexican people.

Okay, so the part that refers to Hidalgo y Costilla is...the hat, cape, and sword from the American Zorro? The fox, which is just a play on words for the American Zorro again?

Do you actually believe your own words as you type them?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Ay Chihuahua!

This might be a terrible observation, but it kinda looks to me like this poor doggie got run over by a truck. Tire tread behind him, he's kinda flat and deceased looking, and he seems to have some sour creme or something oozing from his backside.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

midgerock

Re: Beso!

this is a sharp design and take on the theme! I dig!

michaelevans

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaelevans
llandar wrote:Jesus, why not just have them climbing over a fence to get into the country?

I am sorry if this shirt has caused any offense. Where grew up and where I live now this is how a lot of us, including migrant workers, get around.

Do Mexicans come to America as migrant workers? Yes.

Do they bring all of the richness and beauty of their culture with them when they do? Absolutely.

Do ignorant people marginalize them and treat them like trash while they are here? Unfortunately, yes.

Does this shirt promote that sort of treatment or indicate that they are in America illegally? Not at all.

Does it even indicate that they are in America? Not really.

Ilander, I suggest that you are out of line in your assumption and that you are seeing racism where there is none.

Check out Legend of the Elipsicon! I made it.

pandeownium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pandeownium
Re: Sol y Luna

Due to some awesome feedback on my previous version of this shirt, I have made some adjustments. I hope that this looks a bit more attractive and wearable. Thank you I appreciate your opinions.

pandeownium

blinddog3d wrote:It would actually be, "Del Sol." "De" es inconrrecto.

Oops, sorry about that. Is there a way to change it on Woot? Or just leave it the way it is.
Again sorry to any it may upset or… yeah.

By the way, I posted a second shirt a little different than this one, due to feedback. Thanks guys.

midgerock

Re: migration

pretty frickin' clever and unique take on the theme. well done. my only crit... needs more butterflies silhouetted. gmv

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Spilled the Beans

Where's the bat?

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
pandeownium wrote:Oops, sorry about that. Is there a way to change it on Woot? Or just leave it the way it is.
Again sorry to any it may upset or… yeah.

By the way, I posted a second shirt a little different than this one, due to feedback. Thanks guys.

are you trying to say "the sun" or "of the sun"? The first one is actually el sol, the second is del sol.

that being said, I don't think the title is really that important to people voting; change it if you like, leave it if you like! the only way to change it would be deleting this entry and re-submitting it.

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Re: The little matador

l2matadornub

kriptik88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriptik88

totally buying if this wins. looks amazing, nice job.

bhaalfreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhaalfreak
Re: Fire maker, Rain bringer

As a Mexican I have to say that is one really good way of picturing what Mexico is really about. Thank you for a very good design and equally good artwork. +1.

One to be born from a dragon, hoisting the light and the dark, arises high up in the sky, to the still land. Veiling the moon with the light of eternity, it brings another promise to mother earth with a bounty and mercy.

xazothia

Re: Spilled the Beans

this makes me think of the many Chipotle Burritos I had to attack with a fork after the delicious, overflowing contents decided to free themselves from their tortilla prison. D:

xazothia

Re: Sol y Luna

I think I like this version better than the one with just the sun. It makes a little more sense visually as well as thematically.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
llandar wrote:Okay, so the part that refers to Hidalgo y Costilla is...the hat, cape, and sword from the American Zorro? The fox, which is just a play on words for the American Zorro again?

I think my post was amply clear. If you want to try your hardest to misunderstand it, that's up to you.

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
expo01 wrote:Mexican lucha libre was one of the things i liked to watch on tv when i was a kid but the big experience was the first time i went to the local arena , that was the bomb!! , you cant get more 3D experience than that , five colors on asphalt , thanks! (o;

Really hope this prints, I would have a hard time not wearing it every single day. Big lucha fan as well.

julejules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julejules
llandar wrote:Okay, so the part that refers to Hidalgo y Costilla is...the hat, cape, and sword from the American Zorro? The fox, which is just a play on words for the American Zorro again?

Really? Did you read his post? It amazes me you're having such a hard time understanding.. or maybe you're just trying to be difficult. I'm surprised to see posts like this from a staff member...

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Harvest Season

Sorry, but I thought this was elegant genius! the designs on the cloaks are wonderful and they play on words was very clever. Death does carry a harvest tool and Mexico is very into Death. I don''t see what's offensive.

CiegoPerro3D

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
ramyb wrote:I think my post was amply clear. If you want to try your hardest to misunderstand it, that's up to you.

If you think your post was clear, you're just terrible at making a point.

explodedwhale

quality posts: 5 Private Messages explodedwhale
julejules wrote:Really? Did you read his post? It amazes me you're having such a hard time understanding.. or maybe you're just trying to be difficult. I'm surprised to see posts like this from a staff member...

Posts like what? Posts that explain exactly how the artist is grasping at straws to shoehorn a design into a derby in which it does not belong? I think the artist is the one trying to be difficult when his design was already rejected once because the character in question is NOT MEXICAN. No amount of arguing is going to change that fact. The guy in the hat and the cape that slashes at things with swords is NOT MEXICAN.

pandeownium

xazothia wrote:I think I like this version better than the one with just the sun. It makes a little more sense visually as well as thematically.

thank you, I am glad to hear it.

brushfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brushfire
Re: El Luchador

Dangit, my computer at work always gives me trouble on Shirt.woot! I'm not getting an image but it's not you.

BG

coldviper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldviper

There are no gradients, only halftones

pandeownium

xazothia wrote:are you trying to say "the sun" or "of the sun"? The first one is actually el sol, the second is del sol.

that being said, I don't think the title is really that important to people voting; change it if you like, leave it if you like! the only way to change it would be deleting this entry and re-submitting it.

Ah, I see. I wanted to say "Of the sun" Jatravartid internet translators... well I will know at least how to say of the sun from now on. I think I will leave it this way though. I am lazy.

brushfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brushfire
jnorah wrote:One more gargleblaster!!! This is hilarious A Lucha-wa-dor Man I love this. I will be posting something late as usual but posting none the less if this wins I will buy it.

What is a "Gargleblaster?"

I hope it's a good thing

Thanks for the nice comment, I can't wait to see what you made (maybe it's a "Gargleblaster?")
BG

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
explodedwhale wrote:Posts like what? Posts that explain exactly how the artist is grasping at straws to shoehorn a design into a derby in which it does not belong? I think the artist is the one trying to be difficult when his design was already rejected once because the character in question is NOT MEXICAN. No amount of arguing is going to change that fact. The guy in the hat and the cape that slashes at things with swords is NOT MEXICAN.

Just curious, what makes someone Mexican as opposed to Spanish in your mind? Ultimately, the character of Zorro was born in a region that came to be Mexican territory and he defended and associated himself with the Mexican people. Being of Spanish descent does not make someone not a Mexican. A huge percentage of Mexicans are of Spanish descent. I currently live in the US, but I was born overseas. Does that make me not an American? I have US citizenship and associate myself with the US and have been living here since the age of 1, but my parents are not "American" so I must not be either. It is the same type of argument and ultimately I think it is both close-minded and ignorant.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Here is a lady dressed perfectly for Dia de los Muertos. There are six colors on the slate shirt and the ivory is in halftones.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: The Three Amigos

"On behalf of myself, Jefe and the rest of the boys, we chipped in and got you this gift.
What can you say about such men?
It's a t-shirt!"
A great homage to a memorable movie walmazan. Works so well turning the shirt itself into the guacamole.

PixelPants

Re: The Three Amigos

Double post.

Sorry to double dip in your guacamole!

explodedwhale

quality posts: 5 Private Messages explodedwhale
ramyb wrote:Just curious, what makes someone Mexican as opposed to Spanish in your mind? Ultimately, the character of Zorro was born in a region that came to be Mexican territory and he defended and associated himself with the Mexican people. Being of Spanish descent does not make someone not a Mexican. A huge percentage of Mexicans are of Spanish descent. I currently live in the US, but I was born overseas. Does that make me not an American? I have US citizenship and associate myself with the US and have been living here since the age of 1, but my parents are not "American" so I must not be either. It is the same type of argument and ultimately I think it is both close-minded and ignorant.

Your design is cute. If this were a cute derby, there would be no issue. It's a Mexican derby. The character is NOT MEXICAN. The character you've depicted was created by an American. You can argue all day long that the historical Zorro was Mexican. That doesn't change the fact that the character you've depicted with the sword and the hat and the cape that slashes at things is not Mexican. Calling me ignorant doesn't change that either. I know it's difficult, but please try to stay on topic.

PixelPants

Re: Ay Chihuahua!

You guys do know you left the door to the comment thread open and the whole neighborhood can hear every word. I just came to drop off some compliments about your design. Guess I'll just leave them here by the door.