indecisivewench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages indecisivewench
Re: La Ceiba

Monkeys! You got my vote!

brushfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brushfire
Re: LuCha-huahua

Oh my starz! This is wonderful! It looks 10xs better! The cape looks like silk and the eyes look like huge shiney marbles, WoW!

I woke up to the best surprize ever! I knew you were the dog for this dog! WOW! Amazing!
Thank you so much!

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
GrewV wrote:http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32205

Yea it is a a resubmission, as the link shows. I'm surprised anyone actually remembers haha. I haven't been on woot in 2 years so I wasn't sure if there were any rules against that.

tryel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tryel
Re: El Zorro

I like how there is this huge argument over this shirt and people seem so offended, but am I really the only one who has noticed that half the shirts on here are pretty offensive. The "Ay Chihuahua" one is using Taco Bell which is an American food chain and i have not seen a huge argument launched over its validity. Just saying....

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: La Fiesta

This is probably my favorite shirt you've ever done...and that's saying a lot haha. Great job!!

brushfire

astrobat wrote:Oops! my bad... at least I included a hat. (not that real flamenco dancers dance around hats.) I'll try not to confuse cultures in the future.

It's still an adorable design!
BG

spanchenblow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spanchenblow
BootsBoots wrote:Don't lie to me! You came home reeking of fruit with smiley faces!

lol

I don't envy that pup's owners. Unless they're of the 'doggie fart, gladdens my heart' persuasion, they're in for a rough night.

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv

This really is a great design. A job well done. I have to ask, who is the man without a mask?

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

brushfire

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54083]LuCha-huahua

^HERE^

************MODERATORS****************
My comments display a text link only, above the comment. Everyone elses has a thumbnail of their entry. Can somebody fix this, please & thank you.
brushfire

spanchenblow

Re: Aztec Sunset

Thanks for not submitting a button-eyed bunny in a sombrero.

spanchenblow

Re: Cocijo's 925

Favorite of the derby so far! Very cool interpretation and the colors are great.

scottwaller2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottwaller2k
TheCrazyCapn wrote:In Mexico, all turtles are Rafael...

Yeah, anyway we could get the proper colors for Donatello, Michaelangelo, and (blue one that's name has slipped my mind)?

brushfire

tryel wrote:I like how there is this huge argument over this shirt and people seem so offended, but am I really the only one who has noticed that half the shirts on here are pretty offensive. The "Ay Chihuahua" one is using Taco Bell which is an American food chain and i have not seen a huge argument launched over its validity. Just saying....

Yes, I never saw so many comments want an entry rejected so bad that was so cute! Why are they picking on this sweet little fox? Everthing about this is so professionally done. I love it! I saw at least a dozen that were more offensive than this.

I'm Sorry ramyb, maybe you can use it again later? (hope I hope)

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: The good life

The margarita was invented in Ensenada Mexico.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
brushfire wrote:^HERE^

My comments display a text link only, above the comment. Everyone elses has a thumbnail of their entry. Can somebody fix this, please & thank you.
brushfire

Yeah, I saw that last night, I should've dumped it and re-entered it, but...

I still may?

epicfal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicfal
Re: The Music --resub

I'm glad you resubmitted! This design is so cute.

epicfal

Re: The little matador

Ha ha, he looks so proud of himself!

spanchenblow

Re: migration

I'd like this a lot more if it wasn't on brown.

blinddog3d

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"

LuCha-huahua "El Poco Loco!" El Primo, mas loco Perro Luchador en todo del Mexico! He gets all his crazy "LuCho-BowoW power" from Mexico's #2 export, "Coffee!" (But this guy looks like he may have been sampling the #1 export.?.?.--->)

The Chihuahua was once the royal palace alarm system. They are fast and will bark at everything! This little breed is tiny but trecherously tenacious and they have absolutely NO FEAR! Great little fighters! No body messes with a "Crazy lil' dog!" Especially one hopped up on "Muy Mucho Café!"

I was posting the detail images and saw that 2 layers were off when I was merging files (Highlights on the suit and the outlines on the ears). So I fixed that and fiddled, as long as I was there. Then I had to re-re-submit because the title broke the thumbnail.

ESTA MUCHO MEJOR! VOTAR!
Muchas Gracias,
Artwork Design by Brushfire
Colors & Halftones by BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

brushfire wrote:^HERE^

brushfire

It has something to do with quotaions in the title, I guess. I re subed. so if evryone could re-vote! Please.
BlindDog3D

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Calavera Mine (Día de los Muertos)

I love this. I typically don't like skull designs of any kind, but this focuses so nicely on beautiful linework.

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig
Re: Desert Ghost

I don't know why, but this reminds me of Johnny Depp.

brushfire

Thank you for fixing it! WOW, he looks awesome! 100 times better! The cape looks like silk and those bugs eyes look like big, shiney marbles!!

You are so Awesome, I knew this was a good idea! I can draw my l'ass off, but I could never make it look like this! It blows my mind that each color is a separate layer, you're amazing, BlindDog "3D" (I get why they call you that, now)!

Ok, Please vote and re-vote!
Thanks everyone.
Brushfire and BlindDog3D

kburden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kburden
Re: RESUB Frida dia de los muertos

i resubmitted this design with better color choices and tweaks. please leave your comments and suggestions. thanks!

www.inkstaineddesign.com

brushfire

Re: Lucha-wawa Poco Loco

BlindDog3D re-subbed this with amazing changes! It really looks "3D"! Please check it out by clicking the link in my signature, thank you.

...and revote, if you vote for this one.

prettysammy007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prettysammy007
Re: One, Two, Three...

BAHAHAH! I love the simplicity of it. It's something I can wear to work and get away with. +1.

"IT'S COOOOOL GUY!"

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1

I always prefer detailed art over cute animal designs so I haven't been able to vote for you very often. But when you put out designs like this you will always get my vote.

epicfal

hankescu wrote:I really like each image but the composition of the two together leaves something to be desired. I think each on its own shirt would be great.
(Team Frida! Team Diego! ha)

I second that, especially since the placement seems like it would be, uh, awkward on us lady-types. But if it was just Frida, I'd definitely want one.

prettysammy007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prettysammy007
Re: Lady of the Dead

She's beautiful. This is the only one I really like that's in the fog. +1.

"IT'S COOOOOL GUY!"

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants

A fantastic collection of expressive characters engaged in activities that are injected with lots of humour and say a lot about Mexican life and culture. Another sweet colour scheme from you walmazan. It sings on the silver shirt.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Caliente

Esto es un metaphor para cuando estoy comiendo comida de Mexico. Lo siento si mi Espanol es horible- he olvidado mucho.

Tambien, mi esposa dijo que los colores son los mismos (as) el (flag) de Mexico. (Yo no conozco las palabras para "as" or "flag")

Gracias,

El Robbie

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE

Nice change of pace for you. Well done.

DoublEE

Re: Beso!

Awesome!!!

DoublEE

Re: Long Live the Dead

Nicely done.

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: DOOM SQUAD Los Muertos

This balances the chaotic mix of elements well and brings a grittiness to the theme that is generally glossed over elsewhere. A great team-up that feels like it should have it's own soundtrack music playing as you open the shirt page.

epicfal

Re: The Usual Suspects

The skeleton's expression/posture make me want to hug him. Poor lil' guy.

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew
Re: Hail to the Sun God

This is beautiful AND it is on a color other than black or grey! I'm happy! I want one!

epicfal

Re: Hola Chupacabra

Cutest lil' goatsucker I've even seen...

Cylara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cylara
scottwaller2k wrote:Yeah, anyway we could get the proper colors for Donatello, Michaelangelo, and (blue one that's name has slipped my mind)?

Maybe he was going for the original comic, where they all wore red because...well..they were one clan? They changed the colors for the cartoon, I was told because they didn't think kids were smart enough to tell the difference between the characters otherwise.

The cartoons and movies are definitely more well known, so I admit I see your point. It's just the word "proper" that I really have an issue with in your post.

blinddog3d

Here's a better look...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thanks for voting!
Brushfire & BlindDog3D