invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
Re: La Fiesta

Love it, love it love it!

I do sooo wish it were red and not pink, though. Still, I'll be getting one when it wins.

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
paigeg wrote:With that paranoid androidin halftone work, I'm dead sure 'blind' has nothing to do with eyesight. Re-voted and LOVE the design. Kudos to you both.

Thank you, Paige, you are a champ!
The "Blind" in BlindDog refers to not being distracted by the obvious, as in a "blind dog sniffing for a bone." I'm also a huge fan of BlindDog Lemon, a famous Blues-man from Memphis.

It was taken from a Japanese saying(koan), "Even a blind dog finds a bone, every once in a while." Like, I get lucky every now and then. Nothing to do with my 20/30 vision.

Thanks for re-voting.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Ay Chihuahua!

Wow, that Kevlar sure does get around. Seriously, best comment thread of the derby.

Nice work, still not a fan of red shirts, but I do think it's what works best for the shirt.

limonmix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limonmix
Re: Mexican Eagle Co.

Six colors on brown. I accidentally forgot to put the dark red on my color samples on the side.
I wanted to depict Mexico's national bird, the golden eagle, along with other cultural elements. Also wanted to try out something different than my usual designs.

faultylogic83

quality posts: 2 Private Messages faultylogic83
CrescentDebris wrote:I don't know if I just get so tired of seeing my own coloring during the process that the WOW factor is completely gone by time I finish, or if this is that much cooler than what I would have done. Either way, great colors Odysseyroc.

I've been so used to Crescent doing the coloring. I didn't even notice, until the comment. +1 either way

ochopika

quality posts: 27 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Quetzalcoatl

I'd love that if it was in color!

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: hope purity blood

I really love the marks. Great Treatments of the halftones! Voted.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Resplendent Quetzal

This is a rather late submission, but once I started I had to finish it. Yeah it's 5 AM here...

Anyways in my search for interesting animals that reside in Mexico I found the Resplendent Quetzal, which are located in southern Mexico. The birds are gorgeous and are unlike anything found here in New York.

I hope you enjoy!

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas
Re: Burda

Is Burt Mexican? Please explain.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Aztecish V.2

Very pretty and wearable design!

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
daniel78epod wrote:I'm confused... On the left is Roger from American Dad. On the right is ET. Who's in the middle? How is this mexican?

The one in the middle is the alien from the popular movie series of the same name. Think of the AVP movies, you'll know which alien I'm talking about.

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
rglee129 wrote:Esto es un metaphor para cuando estoy comiendo comida de Mexico. Lo siento si mi Espanol es horible- he olvidado mucho.

Tambien, mi esposa dijo que los colores son los mismos (as) el (flag) de Mexico. (Yo no conozco las palabras para "as" or "flag")

Gracias,

El Robbie

the flag = la bandera

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

Jorbex

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jorbex

I actually find this to be extremely unoriginal; if you travel to Yucatán, you'll find tons of t-shirts depicting the exact, same image.

scottwaller2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottwaller2k
Cylara wrote:Maybe he was going for the original comic, where they all wore red because...well..they were one clan? They changed the colors for the cartoon, I was told because they didn't think kids were smart enough to tell the difference between the characters otherwise.

The cartoons and movies are definitely more well known, so I admit I see your point. It's just the word "proper" that I really have an issue with in your post.

I grew up in the 80's-90's and only ever knew the cartoon. My apologies.

adaltam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adaltam
Re: Burda

I don't get why this ?

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
audentio wrote:Simple designs are just as nice as intricate ones. You got my vote

Thanks! I appreciate the support!

pharmacide

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pharmacide

kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
Re: migration

the monarchs were a swell idea, i like the skulls on the bottom wings the most.

taylertot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot
paigeg wrote:Seed, love the art. But Speedy had a slow, drunken friend you could have played on, with Speedy somehow referenced to make the disparity clear. Maybe just a faded silouette and some motion lines in halftones (background). We get the joke here, but on a shirt? Not so much. Love ya, tho! Just not lovin' this particular sub.

Even if people don't get it's supposed to be "Regular Gonzalez" they will get that it's a reference toward Speedy...I think it stands alone fine, and I'd buy it.

brushfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brushfire
Re: Adelita's Way

This is spectacular, Paige! Great halftones, she looks awesome! I'm glad you put a link, because I was unfamiliar with this tale, great lyrics.
You have my Vote, missy!
+1
BG

kaleidoscopicfailure

Re: Beso!

wow, thanks for all the cool comments you guys! i'm pretty positive you all rock

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Happy Mexican Food!

I love that "antifreeze green!"

Great shirt!

kaleidoscopicfailure

i don't know how you draw all of these in the time given, it's incredible.

...so where's waldo?

mymillsap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mymillsap
darthchair wrote:I want this shirt too! :/ It's amazing.

Please save this one & submit it for another derby, I want it too!

kaleidoscopicfailure

Re: The Golden Eagle

i admire the textures in midst of the design

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: Aztec Sunset

It's ramy shirts like this that I wait for!! Nicely done. It's about time!

raerae104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raerae104
jhgalvas wrote:Is Burt Mexican? Please explain.

It's a parody of the famous painter Freida Kahlo. She had a lot of facial hair including a unibrow like our friend burt here.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

Hey WOOT gods - since when has the lowest shirt in the fog shown its number instead of a question mark???????

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
BumperK wrote:Any particular reason they are chips? I am just wondering if I am missing something important. I have watched the three amigos roughly 300 times - but it has been almost 3 months since the last time so maybe there are chips in there somewhere?

Because it wouldn't make sense for three men to be standing in a dish of guacamole.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

Wow! There are so many details in this, it kind of reminds of the Where's Waldo books. Also is the dog chewing on something?

gmbisogno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmbisogno

From the submission page:

"Illustrator users, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end."

I don't understand the problem...I did exactly as asked. Please look at my AI file.

lostinspace3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostinspace3
Re: dia de los!

Really nice. gmv

potsy356

quality posts: 0 Private Messages potsy356

I dont know which is better, the great shirt or the lulz conversation about Kevlars getting around.
Great work guys GMV :D

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Quetzal

Lovely design, and look at this little guy fly!

The tail feathers in particular are inspired. Great work. :^)

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Quetzal

Beautiful work!

lucky1988

Re: DOOM SQUAD Los Muertos

Sweet collab! Excellent composition and colors.

lucky1988

Re: Fire maker, Rain bringer

Awesome! The side placement looks great on the shirt.

lucky1988

Re: The Three Amigos

Excellent, their red bow ties are so cute!

lucky1988

As a chihuahua owner, gmv. Sweet collab!