jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig

roxinthahead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roxinthahead

First

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Re: Adelita's Way

Aw shucks, paigeg -- what a sweet shout-out! I, too, am glad you linked to "La Adelita"; I'd never heard of that story before. The idea of La Adelita does make for a cool iconic image :-D

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Thanks a lot to all for the support on this i really appreciate it and im glad you liked , also thanks for the suggestions about the color but i feel its kind of late to resub and someway risky as votes could be divided.

Thanks hamchilla im happy this brought back good memories for you , thanks almsforoblivion glad you liked , hummingbirds are deep involved in Mayan and Aztec culture , actually the name "Huitzilopochtli" who was like the main god in Tenochtitlan means hummingbird on the left or left handed hummingbird , hope this make it Mexican enough for you as sometimes i dont like to be that specific.

here more info about

Thanks again! (o;

expo01

lucky1988 wrote:Excellent!

Thank you lucky!! (o;

rhizoma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhizoma
Re: Tortilla Origami

Excellent! Now this is in the realm of epic awesomeness! I am very impressed with your ideas and executions! got my vote.

chemoautotroph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemoautotroph

aww, I liked having a marine themed shirt. Mexico has a lot of ocean life. Maybe you should resub with some more obvious on topic things, like maybe Mexico's national marine animal or a common fishy delicacy, like the Huachinango.

expo01

Jorbex wrote:I actually find this to be extremely unoriginal; if you travel to Yucatán, you'll find tons of t-shirts depicting the exact, same image.

Well i respect your comment but i disagree , main reason its because i have been in Palenque in Chiapas wich is the main source of the image and not Yucatan as well as in other parts of the Mayan riviera and theres not even a single tee shirt that illustrate the image as a spaceship travelling the space.

sdkammer

quality posts: 29 Private Messages sdkammer
Re: Old and New

Somehow reminds me of this : http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4531370

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
deekboy wrote:Sucks that it got rejected. I would buy this in a heartbeat!

No, it doesn't. It wasn't on theme.

kevito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevito
Re: Aztec Owl

I can't be the only one seeing subliminal boobies pretty much everytime I see the thumbnail.

...am I?

ELVATO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ELVATO

Hmm, my roommate who works at Qdoba needs to get this...

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: December 21st, 2012

The well known approaching date. Start of a new cycle, or end of the world? The symbols represent the date using Mayan numerical system in our modern format (12/21/2012).

angeluv23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angeluv23
Re: Resplendent Quetzal

Resplendent Quetzal is the actual name of the bird. Resplendent refers to its beautiful colors. Quetzal is spanish for ornate. I have seen them in the state of Chiapas, they are very beautiful and colorful birds. I think this is an excellent abstract representation and very wearable. Keep the great shirts coming and dont worry about the haters :-)

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

[quote postid="4531707" user="almsforoblivion"]Yay for another Mayan themed entry!

yay! I also had a taco idea, but it wasn't up to par with the other food designs... taco rainbows just aren't meant to be.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

kevito wrote:I can't be the only one seeing subliminal boobies pretty much everytime I see the thumbnail.

...am I?

They'd be kinda oblong...but now I'm seeing them too. thanks :P

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
sdkammer wrote:Somehow reminds me of this : http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4531370

I think it shares a lot of characteristics with that design. (composition, flat characters, button eyes).

aye512

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aye512
tampa1401 wrote:Sorry to be dense, but what does this have to do with Mexico? I am not getting it!

Ever done tequila shots? This pretty much sums it up. This one time I got 86'ed from a bar in Tijuana & broke my stomach for the whole next day...

audentio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audentio
Re: La Calavera

YES it's in the fog!

anishell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anishell
gmbisogno wrote:From the submission page:

"Illustrator users, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end."

I don't understand the problem...I did exactly as asked. Please look at my AI file.

Wow if they banned this not remembering their own set of rules, then that really sux because this would lose a chance of more votes. I would love to see this printed because I would buy it!

aye512

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aye512
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53976]They call me

Only thing I'd like better than a shirt of a taco & burrito bandoleer is a real life taco & burrito bandoleer!!!

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1

[quote]Re: Goat Sucker
[/quote

Why hasn't this been rejected yet?

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: The Usual Suspects

Tight idea with top execution nblottie. You have me liking a colour scheme I wouldn't normally go for. I'll be cheering your suspects on from behind the two-way glass.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
AdderXYU wrote:There's a second time for everything.

This is definitely the best work you've ever done. It's still pretty boring, but it doesn't look like your work, which is about the best compliment you could be given. Sadly, depositing a legitimate check or two doesn't make a bank robber innocent.

Guess this is about the closest thing we're going get to a compliment from Oscar the Grouch.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54133]Thoughts

looks traced.

skibbereengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl
Re: Hail to the Sun God

I hope that everyone who voted for this before will now vote for it again. Would love to see it back in the fog

ctp2nd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctp2nd
Re: WORMS... and the fun goes on!

Hilarious toon... I remember the adverts with that saying... Great job and definitely not over-drawn!

boxless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boxless

[quote postid="4532217" user="fossilgirl1"]

Re: Goat Sucker
[/quote

Why hasn't this been rejected yet?

awww is it really that bad, i admit a bit of a rush job for a cheap laugh, but rejected that soon?

blastfemur1970

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blastfemur1970
Re: seriously large Olmec head

First thought was that it looked an awful lot like James O'Barr's The Crow.
Second thought (after reading your follow-up and looking at the photos) was that it looks nothing like the photos and lot like The Crow.

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion
Re: Pinata Parts

That's a great idea for a shirt design. I agree that you might want it higher up on the t-shirt.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Viva Mexico

Beautiful. I can't believe that's only three colors. Great work!

almsforoblivion

Re: Movie Munchies

That's a fun observation. Nice design!

jadefrolics

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jadefrolics
Re: Espiritu

Wow-- I love this! I hope it gets printed.

almsforoblivion

Re: Embrace The Ultimate

I'm not really sure I get it...

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Espiritu

This is beautiful work, Stardamsel! I love faint texturing and the flowers on the girl's dress. Awesome, I would love to see this print! +1!

Je5ster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Je5ster
Re: La Calavera

Particularly funny if worn by someone pregnant.

lydnvos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lydnvos
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54133]Thoughts

iHEARTthisshirt!
please win.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
gmbisogno wrote:From the submission page:

"Illustrator users, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end."

I don't understand the problem...I did exactly as asked. Please look at my AI file.

"Illustrator users, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end.

Your Design Detail & Shirt Comp images must show halftones."

The print file that you submit should retain it's gradients. The preview image that all the voters see should have halftones.

almsforoblivion

Re: Tortilla Origami

And patrickspens does it again. I loved Red Summer Skies, and I love this almost as much. Fantastic design! GMV, and most likely in for 1.