firestar33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firestar33
Re: El Zorro

Love this, and totally want one. Please try in another Derby! Sadly, this would've been the only one I would have voted for... the rest are not cute, or ARE cute, but are on a green shirt. Jatravartid green shirts...

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: El Mariachihuahua

This is amazing!!!!!+1

schmitdy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schmitdy
Re: Nacho Boat

If it could have the ruffles it had in the picture able to come with it I would buy it.

aemely

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aemely
Re: Fire maker, Rain bringer

Beautiful colors, looks best on this dark grey background, and no, it doesn't look anything like that "other" dragon shirt. People are so critical! Hope you win!

sakitastar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakitastar

Is the art not coming across or is it more of not getting the theme?

andrewdanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewdanger
Re: Nacho Libre REDUX

I like it. As much as the first, maybe more.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

Was the book derby your first (at least in a while)? I don't think I noticed you before that. But I've liked your work in these two.

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig
jmig wrote:Dear Woot,

Please go back to Zombie themes. I don't like Zombies so I will not feel compelled to buy a Woot shirt.
I have purchased so many lately that I am going to have to sell my house since I can't pay the mortgage. Then I suppose I will have to make a tent out of all the Woot shirts that I just bought.

Sincerely,

A Compulsive Shopper

Wow! Maybe I should ask for things more often! Glad to see a Mario Zombie shirt today. I didn't buy anything today but I am worried about the "Mexico" derby. I like 4 out of the 9 in the fog.

jodiehuie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodiehuie
Re: Mexico D.F.

Really good.

macarter63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macarter63
Re: Un Chile Caliente

México

macarter63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macarter63

LOL

add wrapping coming off his foot.

blanked

jacobjackson50 wrote:Error in shirt image: you must provide an image comp of your design on a shirt (JPG, GIF or PNG); maximum size 500k

keep getting this followed the rules though...I used the Photoshop template, got the design on it and saved as a jpg...

Ah yes, this is where you need to find an artist (ie someone who has done that before) and ask them. If Blinddog pops back in he might be of service, though I think his last post wasn't clear, I have seen him be helpful.

I've seen Paigeg help out new comers ,too. Try asking in the prederby thread it tends to be empty at this point in submissions, but it will up your chance of being seen.

lunadust12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12
Re: Ay Chihuahua!

best comment thread EVER. you guys are hilarious.

blanked

Re: TMNT- A Killer Combination

I think it would have been better if you had used 4 foods that started with T, to keep the tmnT going. Actually, if you called the nacho tortilla chip and changed the margarita to a tequila shot, that woulda covered it.

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh

I personally feel as though both shirts fit the Mexico theme. It baffled me that this didn't get rejected earlier (after I saw the hammer come down on T-Bell). I could have understood T-Bell's Revenge being rejected for toilet humor but not "off-topic". Sorry for the unfortunate rejection.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

Perhaps the actual reason for rejection is the icon on the cup...come on, can shirt.woot really approve an image of a condom?

backliteyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backliteyes

GMV just for the saguaros.

backliteyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backliteyes

Ridiculous cute.

godlover1133

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godlover1133
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54133]Thoughts

Great Shirt, Would buy it instantly if it prints.

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: La Ceiba

I really love your color choices. Truly one of my favorites. +1

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc

The Mexican Red Kneed Tarantula, definitely the coolest Tarantula.

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
brushfire wrote:It's still an adorable design!
BG

Thanks!

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
Re: Frida Y Diego

haha! This made me laugh so hard! gmv

goodlifegardens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goodlifegardens
jmmbell1987 wrote:No, it doesn't. It wasn't on theme.

Did the theme say "modern" Mexico or just Mexico? At the time of Zorro California WAS Mexico. Half of the shirts submitted are PRE-Mexico. Which also isn't Mexico. Not even New Spain. Certainly not as much Mexico as California was a part of actual Mexico. Why do we cut out that part of history but allow history before Mexico existed?

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
Re: Calavera Mine (Día de los Muertos)

@jmig: Thank you. -:]

@vegoego: Whee~, thank you, my friend. You ma sexy. -:D

And, to all the other people who voted: thanks very much for the support. Even if I doesn't print, it's nice to know that this many people like the design enough to register their vote. -:D

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
expo01 wrote:Right on! how could i forgot about Huracan Ramirez , he was actually the uncle of a friend of mine , great wrestler , La Parca is the new school but one of the big ones along Octagon, Atlantis, Rey Misterio , etc. , cheers man! (o;

La Parka is greatness lol. If we are making a list of great Lucha performers, don't forget Mistico, Dos Caras JR, Frey Tormenta, juventud guerrera and psychosis.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

fantastic!

siayn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siayn
muhammadajalal wrote:Muy fantastico! Estoy muy orgulloso de usted.

The color choice is fabulous, and I like the Anglo-Mexican mix[though it could be me]. The portrait style and the way the woman is facing seems distinctively Anglo, but the Mexican theme definitely predominates.

The only thing I hate about the shirt is the color of the tee itself, because it drowns the blue patterns you have drawn. Everything else is first class.

I totally agree! Fantastic art, terrible shirt color choice.

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion
Re: Fire maker, Rain bringer

The texturing is excellent!

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion
Re: Old and New

This is clever. GMV.

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet
Re: irony

Some kind of wonderful. I would buy this shirt in a heartbeat.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

@ Radscoolian - Thanks! I'm digging the redux btw.

@ walmazan - Thank you! Your subs this week are awesome!

@ blanked - I entered derby #190: magic, but before then it had been a while (derby 106). Entered again in derby #203: red, so this would be the 3rd in a row. Thanks!

@ lucky1988 - Thanks man!

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

Redux looks great!

BumperK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BumperK
clarinerd wrote:Because it wouldn't make sense for three men to be standing in a dish of guacamole.

Yeah, that is awesome. I almost want to buy the shirt so that, on the off chance someone asks me why, I can give them that answer.

greystone9 wrote:Because guacamole is their personal El Guapo.

"For some, bean dip might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of hot sauce might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous guy who wants to kill us."

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker

Ooh look, kdeuce made a design placed on the left side! That's awesome!

limonmix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limonmix

Ah, I love Nacho Libre. Very nice choice of colors and the new background blends much more nicely.

meatpopsicle333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meatpopsicle333
Re: DOOM SQUAD Los Muertos

I always like what Draxxx & CrescentDebris do and I also like this one as well. Well done Draxxx & OdysseyRoc. (It's a shame you don't see these designs make top 3 but I for one would buy them all.)

buzatron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzatron

loving this one man! excellent stuff :D

trixydan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trixydan

fuwano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuwano
invisiblecrazy wrote:Love it, love it love it!

I do sooo wish it were red and not pink, though. Still, I'll be getting one when it wins.

I have to agree. Not to be 'that guy' but I wish it wasn't so girly. I love it anyway, if I had a girlfriend I'd get her one for sure.