fuwano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuwano
Re: Resplendent Quetzal

This shirt is gorgeous!

elderwyrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elderwyrm
Re: Mariachis Muertos

Woo! Done. That thing took about two days too long...

Loda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Loda
Re: Tequila Sunrise

I really like this, because I love tequila and the Eagles, but I'm worried the agave plants would be positioned right where I would not want them. :/

widar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages widar
Re: Aztec Sunset

This is absolutely fantastic! I NEED this to be printed!

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
Re: Resplendent Quetzal

Another pretty design. I like the way it falls across the shirt. And your color palette is very nice; I totally dig the white accents. -:]

kaedex99

Re: Aztec Sunset

I ... like the outline of the cactus on the hill; but because there's nothing like it on the opposite side -- because there's nothing else like it within the entire design, actually -- I originally thought it was an artist's signature. It's also extremely halftone-heavy. A design like this will look good from far away, but up-close it'll look like a giant mess of circles.

I like certain aspects of this design. And I love the colors on the cranberry shirt. And I'll take this over your cute-animals any day. But a good color palette alone doesn't make for a great design, in my opinion. I think there are more clever ways to use halftones beyond painting a design in Photoshop and relying on the halftone filter to make it printable. That's my piece, anyway.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: El Mariachihuahua

I did like the pre-derby design, but this rocks, too. And doggies almost always get my vote.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
kevlar51 wrote:moral of the story: don't design around on your collab partner

Yeah! That's right! You got what's coming to you! I'm so glad I tattled on our design. ;)

kaedex99

Re: La Fiesta

The mariachi band in the upper-right is easily my favorite. That, or the one who appears to be vomiting on the far left? -:O UGH, or the luchador with the chair! I CAN'T DECIDE. -:O Too much awesome to choose from.

jamesvercauteren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesvercauteren
Re: Rojo Kneed

VERY COOL!

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: Agua

Don't go to Mexico and drink the water, but I guess, you don't go to Mexico to drink the water anyway...

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: Lady of the Dead

the transparent effect is stunning Infinity! And I love the colors. +1

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Espiritu

This is fantastic. The colors, the line work, the stone texture. Beautiful.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53976]They call me

You Lucky make me smile all the time! and this is not the exception! +1
Go Mate!

drakosflame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drakosflame
D3lusional wrote:Am I missing something? What's offensive about a Chupacabra visual pun?

The first thing I thought was Chupacabra, too. I'm not sure how that's offensive, either. O_o

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Thanks again for the support of this design, everyone.

As far as the slate color shirt goes, I understand how gray can seem like a drab choice. It can definitely be overused too. I chose it here however because I needed the background to be neutral so the foreground colors would pop. I needed the contrast.

I appreciate all these comments!

cynthiann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynthiann

I'm trying to enter one for the first time and all I get is "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Any suggestions...

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
Re: hope purity blood

Kind of sad this isn't getting more votes. It's a great design and very nationalistic/patriotic. I know tons of people who would want this. I hope you find a more receptive venue for it.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: The Usual Suspects

I have no desire to wear this, but I couldn't help hit the vote button. It is cute without being obnoxious and it represents the derby perfectly. Well done!

bigwaves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigwaves
Re: Summer Dream

Love the colors and symbolism and would want this. I am a surfer and like that you have tried to incorporate waves into the design. Since my youth I have traveled to Mexico to surf. But, the placement does not look right.
One possibility would take just the wave and run it up the left side with waves breaking towards the sun and disappearing behind the sun?? Or turn all of the blocks 90deg clockwise, lay the bar horizontal across the chest, adjust the sun on the left and slightly above with the wave running along the top and going behind the sun. Good Luck

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
nblottie wrote:Thank you so much. Yeah, the flag was a bit of a balance thing for me. It was last and even though it probably could've been something else entirely, my artist brain wouldn't let me leave that space empty. This is of course the same artist brain that kept me up way way too late that night.

I agree, that element at the bottom anchors it.

This is a nicely done reference and I love the color scheme.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: La Cucaracha, la Cucaracha...

I took the risk, but I guess not everybody understands Spanish.

Thanks to everyone that voted!

dk91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dk91
Re: Movie Munchies

Thank you for the support!

xTuffxMuffinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xTuffxMuffinx
Re: Mexican Food Pyramid

Its a little late but enjoy. thanks for your vote if you do vote. And please comment if you will.
Thanks,
Muffin.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Mexican Food Pyramid

This is clever.

This would be clever-clever if it was a Aztec pyramid. Just stair-step the outline & have a shining sun/bowl of salsa behind a tortilla chip. Like the eye on the dollar bill.

That's what I see, I could B Blind?
BlindDog3D

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Loda wrote:I really like this, because I love tequila and the Eagles, but I'm worried the agave plants would be positioned right where I would not want them. :/

Yeah, I worry about that too, not that this is anywhere close to the fog but I think the way woot shrinks the design down for women's sizes would make the placement ok.

I actually really like this design and have a few ideas about what I want to change when I resub somewhere else...most likely going to take away one of the agave plants and make the tequila shot more off-center. I also played around with a ray of sunlight shining directly onto the shot glass...will have to play with it more later.

blinddog3d

Re: El Mariachihuahua

Clever! Viva La Chihuahua!

The guitar case looks wonky 2me? I couldB Blind? I would've gone Asphalt, though, and darkened the road and replaced black with a cool gray for the silver. I think a darker shirt would show him off more Rodriguez/Banderas style, maybe?

But I like this! I like the pose & the suit, especially the sombrero! Nice POV, also. La tortuga es muy bueno.

Well done, amigo!
CieroPerro3D

cowboys2blue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cowboys2blue

nice design ..once again this artist out does all the rest.... good luck, i would love to wear this shirt

Je5ster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Je5ster
Re: Lady of the Dead

Awesome shirt! One of the best that has been submitted. Ever.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and votes!

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Shrew on a cactus

There is something really charming about this design. And nice use of the shirt color too.

paigeg

blinddog3d wrote:@Paige
...or it could mean, "I can't see why I get in trouble, so much, ...but I just stumble in head first, brain last, eyes closed and mouth open."

My Budo teacher is working on that with me, we have signals for when I'm getting too... uh, mmm, excited?

I've been on posting probation 3 times, "...staring at the cartoon dog." I think it's appropriate they sic the dogs on me when I get outta hand. But 3 times? The last one was 96 hrs. for a "personal attack" against the "Whale on a cross." I don't think I attacked him, but they did. I just said, "I was here to make money, not get into a big psuedo-philosophical discussion," ...kinda.

I must be "Blind?"
BlindDog3D

Third eye blind? Yeah, I get that. I've been deleted before, but never probationed. YOu're like, my personal hero now. :D

paigeg

Re: LuCha-huahua

Git along little dogie, this chi-wow-wow needs more votes!

paigeg

Re: Armadillo

I have to say, I don't get this. How does it relate to Mexico (other than they have armadillos there, as well as all over the south and southeast US)?

paigeg

Re: Ay Chihuahua!

I would think this rejection would fit under 'no pop culture'. But oh wait - that wasn't a rule this week! Too bad the Rejectionator Borg Unit couldn't make up it's mind in time to give the artist a chance to remove the bell and try a re-sub. Sorry, I realize it's likely no self-respecting Mexican would go anywehre near a Taco Bell, but I really thought this design was awesome, and would place.

stewdavis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stewdavis
Re: The Usual Suspects

Every shirt you make is awesome.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

collinvh wrote:I really love your color choices. Truly one of my favorites. +1

Thanks, collin!

blinddog3d

paigeg wrote:Third eye blind? Yeah, I get that. I've been deleted before, but never probationed. You're like, my personal hero now. :D

*blushes bright red*

Ah, shucks, you're jist sayin' that... I thought this was cut-throat mudd-slingin' & I just tell it like it is, ...not used to all the fluffy bunny love. But, I'm an old dog that can still learn tricks!

I think you're swell, too, and I agree,

"This needs more Love!"

Brushfire did a kickass drawing and had very specific color ideas, I pushed my skillz to the limit on this one (I think, as far as "print ready" goes, this is the first design I have actually done correctly, meaning no overlaying of colors. you can print the colors in any order and it will look just like this!).

I learn something each time and these derby contests push my abilities. I've tried to "whip stuff out," but it always gets fancy. I overwork stuff cuz I'm blind.

;)
brUno

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
stewdavis wrote:Every shirt you make is awesome.

Wow, thanks, that was a great comment and really appreciated!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
nblottie wrote:Odd to say about a black and white design on grey, but I love the colors!

Thanks a lot nblottie appreciated! (o;