expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
godlover1133 wrote:Great Shirt, Would buy it instantly if it prints.

Thanks a lot godlover glad you liked! (o;

expo01

nblottie wrote:I really dig this design. Very clean and very wearable.

Thanks again mate! (o;

expo01

Re: El Mariachihuahua

Buenisimo! +1

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt
Re: Mariachis Muertos

Love it!

johnnyk71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyk71
Re: La Fiesta

is there any doubt this one gets printed? i think not!

johnnyk71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyk71
fuwano wrote:I have to agree. Not to be 'that guy' but I wish it wasn't so girly. I love it anyway, if I had a girlfriend I'd get her one for sure.

gonna get one for the wife.

epicfal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicfal
blinddog3d wrote:This is clever.

This would be clever-clever if it was a Aztec pyramid. Just stair-step the outline & have a shining sun/bowl of salsa behind a tortilla chip. Like the eye on the dollar bill.

That's what I see, I could B Blind?
BlindDog3D

Oooh, I like that idea.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: hope purity blood

This is minimalistic heaven! Wonderful design. Gr8 treatment, as stated, but this really wearable. Best Loser, for sure!
BlindDog3D

jickerkicker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jickerkicker
Re: Fire maker, Rain bringer

I really like the shirt, but I have a question for whoever makes the rules around here. Does the religious figure ban only apply to Christianity then? Smells like a double standard to me...

P.S. I'm not going to report you because I like your design.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

A very late collaboration between Spiritgreen and I.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Candy Sacrifice

Lovely working with you. It was a very fun idea, I just did my best to keep up. :^)

Here's the big version. It may not be obvious but the green is a halftone of blue and yellow. (Everything at 30 LPI.)

---Spirit

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC

Love it!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Spiritgreen wrote:Lovely working with you. It was a very fun idea, I just did my best to keep up. :^)

Here's the big version. It may not be obvious but the green is a halftone of blue and yellow. (Everything at 30 LPI.)

---Spirit

And well-done, at that. I can barely make out the blue/yellow if I look real close at the big plant in the foreground. Nice.
Pretty cute/disturbing - good job, you two!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
kaedex99 wrote:I ... like the outline of the cactus on the hill; but because there's nothing like it on the opposite side -- because there's nothing else like it within the entire design, actually -- I originally thought it was an artist's signature.

I believe there's a vaquero next to that cactus also, but can't be 100% sure.

I like this. Nice departure from the cute, and actually glad the Zorro got rejected....this time.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker

Honestly, I don't think anyone is going to get this without the title. It's well done, but the humor is pretty much lost short of putting up a sign saying "Regular Gonzalez"

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

This is awesome, guys! I would buy this in a heartbeat!!! I love the smiley ontop of the pyramid, haaah! Most excellent. Im so sorry this is such a late entry, but I hope it makes a real run for the border...of the fog. :D ++++1!

Editor's Choice! (early, I know, but still)

stormqueen29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormqueen29

I don't know, this one is a little too much like Intensive Candy Unit for my tastes.

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=19672

Gale

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel

I second Bass's comment :-) Great work, you guys!!!

stormqueen29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormqueen29
stormqueen29 wrote:I don't know, this one is a little too much like Intensive Candy Unit for my tastes.

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=19672

Gale

rats, I should have known the link wouldn't work.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
cwendauthi wrote:Kind of sad this isn't getting more votes. It's a great design and very nationalistic/patriotic. I know tons of people who would want this. I hope you find a more receptive venue for it.

Because while this is a great design, it is very lacking in broad audience appeal.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Piñata de los Muertos

Testing of the comment.

Deleting out the title from the link (ie, the bit after the first url, but before the img tag) seems to work. I suspect the ñ is causing hiccoughs.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Regular Gonzales

I'd love to have this one. I think the reference is rather easy to catch.

There are only so many mice dressed like this.

Nothing follows.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Piñata de los Muertos

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
Re: Fire maker, Rain bringer

That is really well done. I admit, I hadn't taken the time to look at it until now; but the textures are really awesome, and the linework is great. GMV, actually. -:O

kaedex99

Re: DOOM SQUAD Los Muertos

This shouldn't have left the fog. It's frickin' EPIC. Gorgeous. Worth all the nice adjectives I can throw at it. -:O Amazing work, guys.

kaedex99

Re: To Be or Not To Be

I love that the skull holds the only color in the design. But, personally, I wish you'd made the skull's base color white, so that it popped off the shirt even more. Still GMV, though! I think you do excellent work.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d

That Rox!
I love making colors with different dots, just learned how. It opens up your palette. Color is just an illusion, anyway.

Cute idea, well presented, and very wearable while being very on theme. Gr8 job, y'all.

I'm seeing a lot more collabs, this week was my first. I'm usually a control freak, but it was actually kinda liberating. I didn't fiddle with the drawing, just stayed focused on the colors. I enjoyed myself.

Big Fun! Big VOTE!+1
BlindDog3D

kaedex99

j5 wrote:I believe there's a vaquero next to that cactus also, but can't be 100% sure.

Really? I thought it was small cactus. -:/ A vaquero would be neat, though. I dig little details like that.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jacobjackson50 wrote:Error in shirt image: you must provide an image comp of your design on a shirt (JPG, GIF or PNG); maximum size 500k

keep getting this followed the rules though...I used the Photoshop template, got the design on it and saved as a jpg...

how big is your jpg file? iirc, the pshop template is rather large. the comp should be subbed as a 580x580 pixel jpg. also, i have heard some people have issues if cmyk rather than rbg mode is used when submitting (although idk which file gave trouble).

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion

That is a really impressive halftone...

How does one go about finding a collaborator? I think I might fare better in the derby with someone else assisting me on the coloring front.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

HM this awesome late entry please!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Re: Pinata de los Muertos

i like to comment too!

benmerva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benmerva

Like the design. Deigo's work lends really nicely to vectorization.

¡Go team Frida y Diego!

benmerva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benmerva

I loved it with the text, but it is still a great design. Hope it goes to print

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
Hillary8586 wrote:My favorite one so far. Love the color choice! Good luck!

It's very nice, but IMO it'd show the design much better on black.

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Lady of the Dead

Wow. I so hope this wins-- I want this shirt!!
Absolutely beautiful.

iconoclast10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iconoclast10
Re: Embrace The Ultimate

Is this a reference to Hunab Ku?

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: El Zorro

The rejection based on the character being 'Spanish American' is weak. So we have no true American's except for Native Americans and we have no true Mexicans. Also as stated earlier CA wasn't always part of America.

Biggest note here is that Zorro was a hero to the Mexican people.

zalameria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zalameria
almsforoblivion wrote:You could try making the design larger in the shirt comp image. As you can see form other derby entries, the shirt doesn't have to take up the whole image, it can just be on the side with a larger version of the design as the image's focus. That might help your halftones show up better.

thanks! yeah i noticed it looks cool to have the image large and a small shirt somewhere on it. Right after i posted this they posted a halftone help blog post. really helped. hope i can use it next derby.