awesome collab! sweet stuff!

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Candy Sacrifice

nice work you two!

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig
Mavyn wrote:

I love this!!! So funny. I wouldn't be able to wear this in the elementary school I work in (so my daughter tells me) but I would definitely get a lot of wear and laughs out of this

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig

I love this!!!

oldbdeyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldbdeyes
sasham62 wrote:A dancer showing how Mexican culture is built on its Mayan and Spanish roots.

3 colors on brown. Hope you enjoy.

Actually, this is not a bad effort. The theme is rather lacking for sure.

Needlefeast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Needlefeast

So much want plz im hoping this will be made more than any other shirt before !!!

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

creativehack wrote:Don't go to Mexico and drink the water, but I guess, you don't go to Mexico to drink the water anyway...

When I went to Mexico I was taking a shower and drank huge gulps of water from the faucet without thinking about it. Nothing happened. Boooring.

I also remember getting a soda that was actually booze and not realizing it until I started feeling a lil saucy.
OK I'm done reminiscing, sorry bout that.

Funny concept you got there, but maybe could be executed without using the "x" over the tap water thing. Be a little more subtle somehow, I'm not sure how. You're creative, you can think of a way!

tanyastinson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tanyastinson

I like it. Ignore the naysayers and boors.

kavizthum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kavizthum
macarter63 wrote:LOL

add wrapping coming off his foot.

Awesome! Thanks Will do.

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
ochopika wrote:When I went to Mexico I was taking a shower and drank huge gulps of water from the faucet without thinking about it. Nothing happened. Boooring.

I also remember getting a soda that was actually booze and not realizing it until I started feeling a lil saucy.
OK I'm done reminiscing, sorry bout that.

Funny concept you got there, but maybe could be executed without using the "x" over the tap water thing. Be a little more subtle somehow, I'm not sure how. You're creative, you can think of a way!

Never been to Mexico but stereotypes are funny, unless directed at me...
I was kinda struggling with this one for a while before submitting. You're right, that red crossed circle is a bit of a stark contrast, I may be creative but I am also equal parts hack
I'm trying to get one more done before the derby closes so might just have to leave this one as is

Thanks for commenting!

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

mymovinman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mymovinman
stewdavis wrote:Every shirt you make is awesome.

So DAMN TRUE!!! I always look foward to seeing your entrys each week.You are on the top of my designers list! +1

dryfly4life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dryfly4life
benmerva wrote:I loved it with the text, but it is still a great design. Hope it goes to print

Thanks for the feedback, I liked it better with the print too but what do ya do? The rules are rules.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

I was thinking Spiritgreen from the thumbnail, but so pleased to see it's a collab with MarzipanApple. You both do such good work individually and this one does not disappoint. Love the idea and I think you have nailed the style and execution to sell it.
I picked up Naolito's Intensive Candy Unit for myself, but believe pinata's are a goldmine of shirt potential. That gives me an idea, gotta go.....

anishell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anishell

One more gargleblaster, WIN THIS DERBY! I DON"T CARE IF I LOSE!!

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
kaleidoscopicfailure wrote:i admire the textures in midst of the design

Thank you, Mr or Mrs failure.

Radscoolian

Re: La Fiesta

Really wearable shirt dude. If it prints, I'm gonna get one (I'll wait a day).
I want to be like you when I grow up

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
kaedex99 wrote:Really? I thought it was small cactus. -:/ A vaquero would be neat, though. I dig little details like that.

Yeah...looking at it again, it may just be the mountains/tiny cactus casting an illusion of a hunched vaquero. Ah well.

move along

Radscoolian

Re: Cocijo's 925

Killer illustration! And it sits wonderfully on the shirt.

payoh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages payoh
Re: Ese Essays

really? -_-'

Radscoolian

Re: mexico apple

Nice Illustration!
I think you should kick up the saturation in your colors, though. It would give it a bit more pop.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

This is fantastic. Great work!

TapatioUSA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TapatioUSA
Re: La Fiesta

What a great design, I really like it and remind me of those "Fiestas de Pueblo" ( small town festivities ) that I just to go went I was younger. Are you planing on make the colors a little more wearable for guys?? Nice shirt.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
expo01 wrote:Theres a lot of tales and stories about hummingbirds in Mayan and Aztec culture ..... they blowed over the arrow and the stone started to fly turning into the hummingbird.

That story blowed my mind, so I blowed it off. I blowed you a kiss, though.

It blowed the whole story 4me.
BlindDog3D

TapatioUSA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TapatioUSA
Re: Calavera Mine (Día de los Muertos)

I like the design, it will be more complete if you put someone's name on the Calaca forehead, just like the original ones. But nice colors.

blinddog3d

Re: December 21st, 2012

I would not pay $10 for this shirt.

I don't get this and if I ever wore this, which I wouldn't, I would have to explain it to everyone, which I wouldn't, because of the response I would get. Nothing personal, I am just really baffled by the design.

If those marks mean something, in some language, then its just like kanji and that would be considered text. I consider this a text only design in a derby with NO TEXT!
>:/

lonelypond

quality posts: 414 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: The Three Amigos

cilantro : )

blinddog3d

Re: DOOM SQUAD Los Muertos

I am absollllllllllllllllutely dumbfounded by the decline in this entry's status! This is an instant classic, an original Doom Squad (Mexican Import Edition) classic!

They should make a movie about this shirt, it's so classic, just so you would have a badass movie worthy enough to wear this shirt to! I, on the other foot, would wear this damn-near anywhere.

I would buy this and FedEx it to DraxXx & roc to autograph it, then go pick it up in person and buy them each a beer & a shot of T'killya.

I don't see why this isn't still in the fog, but, ...I am blind. I could be wrong.... NOT!

BlindDog3D

lonelypond

Re: Guadalupe Hidalgo

very nice

lonelypond

Re: Happy Mexican Food! (V.3 on cran)

pops w/ dancing humor -- nice

lonelypond

Re: Quetzal

lovely colors + sweep

Mike Nelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mike Nelson
Re: Extreme Faxing Wear

So this doesn't really have anything to do with mexico.. i'll wait till the next derby and resubmit it if i can :P

slangstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slangstein
Re: To Be or Not To Be

Sorry if I'm missing something, but what's the correlation between hamlet and mexico? I do like the mexican skull though (is that what all mexican's skulls look like?)
Oh and one more thing Hamlet doesn't hold the skull during to be or not to be, he does in his alas poor yorrick speech in the graveyard (sorry im strict when it comes to my shakespeare :p)

lonelypond

lonelypond

so good I want it to be a frame from a cartoon series : )

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
TapatioUSA wrote:I like the design, it will be more complete if you put someone's name on the Calaca forehead, just like the original ones. But nice colors.

I wanted to! Very much so. But, since the derby rules stated "No text", I had to compromise. But, since this isn't on it's way to a print, I'm looking forward to adding a few more details before I tuck it away for a future endeavor. Thanks, by the way! -:]

cmader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmader
Re: Barely Legal

Rejected? Well that sucks. I would have bought this for sure.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: irony (re-sub)

Ha ha! This is funny! Without text works for me.

zpank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zpank
thatrobert wrote:To me, it always looked like a giant cupcake anyway.

I don't get it. Is it something from one of Rivera's Murals. I'm not to familiar with his art yet but I like what I saw in a section in a class years ago. If this is the case would you kindly name the piece this is a parody of so I can search an image of the original and understand the joke. Also my best friend lives in New York and he is a manager of a cupcake business so I wish I could get him this shirt.
Thank you

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
walmazan wrote:Detalle:

OK, now you're just messin' with me, repeating the detail like that.
I'm sitting here wearing True Love and thinking, yes, there will be yet another walmazan tee in my closet in a couple of weeks.