+ Add a Comment

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
Re: Ay Chihuahua!

Normally I don't care for cute items, but this one made me smile. There is only one thing stopping me from buying it though: the color. Is it possible to get a re-sub on a blue or olive green maybe? Red just isn't for me.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
taylertot wrote:Don't worry, ramyb. I don't necessarily like or dislike you, but from what I can see...people on here are just jealous that you have a lot of support. Haters gonna hate, and all that.

In this case, it would seem clear that it's not about "jealousy" so much as a resubmission with very minor changes that should, by Woot's reasons for rejection, should be rejected again.

Furthermore, that minor change of changing the angle of the "Z"...It would seem to be pulling at straws. As said before, it's a clever idea, but it should still be rejected based on the criteria of the derby and the lack of significant changes from the original reasons of rejection.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8

Wow .. There is, like, 20 shirt designs there. Way to bring it, W!

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

expo01 wrote:As a big fan of Mayan culture and their extensive knowledge about the cosmos i wanted to do an illustration based in the Mayan king Pakal and his famous carved stone sarcophagus lid , which according to many people its a proof of ancient astronauts or aliens visiting our planet since many years ago , check the similarities with a real spaceship … In the center of the frame theres a man sitting like an astronaut on a complex chair with some kind of ungravity in his hair , he has a mask on his nose probably to breath , he uses his two hands to manipulate some controls and the heel of his left foot is on some sort of pedal with different controls or positions , the rear portion is separated from him where the engine is and outside at the bottom of the whole frame you can see a flames like in the spaceships propulsion systems , also you can see some kind of wings on both sides o the frame , i think theres about 18 or 20 similarities with modern spaceships.

Here the real stone lid

6 color on black , here a larger view and hope you like it , thanks.

that can also be Pakal starting his journey from his sarcophagus to follow the tree into the world of the dead, which was believed by some to be in between the bands of the Milky Way. There are a few interpretations I guess.

Also, wow did you actually draw that???

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Aztec Owl

My attempt at a subtle owl in the style of an aztec artwork. Added the texture so hopefully it isn't outrageously obvious, and to break up the ink areas.

Annabananaka7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Annabananaka7
taylertot wrote:Don't worry, ramyb. I don't necessarily like or dislike you, but from what I can see...people on here are just jealous that you have a lot of support. Haters gonna hate, and all that.

exactly. you know youve made when people start criticizing.

love ya ramyb

taylertot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot
killerorca wrote:Normally I don't care for cute items, but this one made me smile. There is only one thing stopping me from buying it though: the color. Is it possible to get a re-sub on a blue or olive green maybe? Red just isn't for me.

Red is all that is good in the world. Red also makes my boobs look bigger.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
kevlar51 wrote:boooootsyyy pleaaaaase!!!! it's not like that!!! you know you're the only collab partner for me! that walmazan guy ... he's just for fun every now and again ...

Your only collab partner? Your ONLY collab partner??? Need I remind you of this! Or how about this!!! It's over, kevlar. Please, just take your cute little robots and go. ::sniff::

Annabananaka7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Annabananaka7
taternuggets wrote:Is he Mexican now?

yes. he was deported back.

fishbiscuit5

BootsBoots wrote:It makes me happy and creeps me out at the same time. That's a good thing.

Edit: I voted for this and it fell out of the fog... I am cursed!

Booo!! First you take my collab partner and then you take my fog. I thought we were friends!!

GNitro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GNitro
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Your only collab partner? Your ONLY collab partner??? Need I remind you of this! Or how about this!!! It's over, kevlar. Please, just take your cute little robots and go. ::sniff::

GMV just for the epic thread conversation based around Kevlar's infidelity

benmerva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benmerva

Share what you honestly think.

fishbiscuit5

ochopika wrote:Good job making an original sugar skull design! There are some out there, but no alien-sugar-skulls

I was sure to research before getting started on the idea and I did not find any alien sugar skull shirts. Yay for being the first!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: WORMS... and the fun goes on!

Haha the same idea passed through my mind! This looks really awesome. I dig it and I would definitely wear it! +1

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: Tortilla Origami

Cute! But wearable?

jodiehuie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodiehuie
Re: Barely Legal

I like it, though.

pacatak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pacatak

voted. too bad teh rejected "text" will make the shirt less cool. But still a sweet shirt

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Annabananaka7 wrote:exactly. you know youve made when people start criticizing.

love ya ramyb

Even when it's criticism for what would seem to be legitimate reasons?

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: La Cucaracha, la Cucaracha...

"La Cucaracha, la Cucaracha, ya no puede caminar..."

(The cockroach, the cockroach, can't walk anymore...)

Hearing this song over and over, and now this? Why do they have to be so insensitive and keep reminding this small cockroach that she Can't Walk?

Please, give her a break!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Lucha-wawa Poco Loco

Detail shot of the Updated version:

Click the image to see the "LuCha-huahua" and Vote!

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl
Re: Pinata Parts

Agree with the others, I love the worried look on his face, but he isn't in the printable area of the shirt.

phantom09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phantom09
ramyb wrote:I can understand woot's decision to reject for text,

Yes. And the text is still there. ???

petitefilou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitefilou
ramyb wrote:I think that woot's decision to reject the original is fine based on the fact that the background symbol resembled text. I wasn't sure if I was crossing a line with the original, and it seems I was; however, I wanted to dispute the second part of the rejection notice, and that's why I resubmitted with a correction to the background. I took the time to defend my design, and hope that woot will read it and consider the inspiration for the design. Like I said before, it is obviously woot's decision in the end, but I didn't want to just let it go. The theme is not famous mexicans, the theme is Mexico. And for the record, the derby theme states Spanish colonialism as fair game. The entire Zorro story is based in Spanish colonialism and represents the struggle of the Mexicans against the Spanish with Zorro as their hero.

They said "character is spanish american, not mexican" as a reason on the rejection, therefore they need to reject this again or take that back. Nothing against you ramyb, whilst you might not be my taste and drive me crazy sometimes, I have nothing against this design, nor do I have any opinion either way on whether it's actually on-topic etc. I just want woot to make a decision and stick to it for once OR to explain why they changed their mind. The inconsistency is what makes people so irritated and causes a lot of these fights in your threads

jerabatten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerabatten
Re: La Fiesta

This is beyond excellent. I know my fellow converts to your Facebook fan page will be supporting this one for sure!

jerabatten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerabatten
Re: The Three Amigos

Man. This makes me miss the avocado I just had for lunch.

blinddog3d

MissRebeccaF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissRebeccaF

Love this! Wonderful colors!

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Your only collab partner? Your ONLY collab partner??? Need I remind you of this! Or how about this!!! It's over, kevlar. Please, just take your cute little robots and go. ::sniff::

Yeah uhhhhh ... we should talk.

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
Re: Spilled the Beans

he's saying, "Tell my wife I love her!..."

blinddog3d

Re: El Zorro

This is a badass design! Clean and well executed. Nice work, Rams, sorry for the cut. Just whip out a mexican bunny. (Just ribbin ya). Spot on flawless, I'd wear this.
BlindDog3D

omeza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omeza
Re: Tortilla vs. Bread

It looked a bit stretched on the composition image before so i fixed that up.
Here's a Larger Version

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Fire maker, Rain bringer

Hey, thanks so much guys! :^)

@crazacool, I'm really pleased you can appreciate the elements in the design from that perspective!

@blk909, thanks for the suggestion. I did try it on silver and slate this morning but these bright colors seem to work best on a darker gray.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: Beso!

Love it!

cass1027

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cass1027
Re: Dancer

Four colors on white

bethlp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethlp
Re: Beso!

HA!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: La Ceiba

This is one of the few shirts on here right now that I could even remotely think about wearing in my part of Southern Arizona - an attractive design that nods to Mexican culture without making me look like I'm "picking sides" in our ridiculous ethnic/political climate. Plus I love monkeys. :D

+1

blinddog3d

This is the exact same design that was rejected, identical, so... What's up? Add "El" to he title and now it's Mexican? Did they change their mind or is this the "Jedi Mind-Trick?"

Mexican't do this.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia

I actually agree with ramy (and geekfactor12) on the defense of this design as far as being on topic, conceptually;

I just wish the fox was a Kit Fox (actually found in Mexico) and not the more generic red/european fox.

bethlp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethlp

OMIGOD SO AWESOME!

lovepuff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lovepuff
Re: Drinky Aztec Spirit Bird

Rejected because: Nope.

Come on, guys. I understand why this was rejected, but if you're not even going to explain it, why have a field for the explanation in the first place?