WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pie(rate) Chart

Speed to First Woot:
0m 41.000s
First Sucker:
ElementCy
Last Wooter to Woot:
jdefay
Last Purchase:
17 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 48% of Shirt Woots
Top 16% of all Woots
Woots Sold:
3751

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 91% second woot
  • 9% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 9% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 20% one year old
  • 68% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 91% bought 1
  • 7% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3 or more

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

10%
4%
1%
1%
1%
2%
4%
7%
8%
8%
4%
6%
5%
7%
4%
4%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Percentage of Sales Per Day

2%
1%
1%
91%
2%
1%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



MastaHanky


quality posts: 4 Private Messages MastaHanky

4% Scurvy? Say No to Scurvy!

zekecatz


quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

Well, at least it's in plenty of time for Talk Like a Pirate Day.

avatard


quality posts: 3 Private Messages avatard

i enjoy this graphic.

mayh658


quality posts: 27 Private Messages mayh658

It's never too late to prevent scurvy. The British sailors earned their 'limey' nicknames when they drank lime juice to fight the disease.

Lemons work better. They have more vitamin C.

Now you know. Let's make sure future pie(rate) charts are free of this senseless blight.

copperchesnut


quality posts: 3 Private Messages copperchesnut

I can't be the only one bothered by the fact that it doesn't add up to 100%.

hinote


quality posts: 3 Private Messages hinote

I love this! Pirates rule. I love how it somewhat looks like a pirate too!

jhgalvas


quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas

I've been trying to figure out what the other 9% is. *edit* I solved it! 9% eye patch! *edit #2* Now that I've read the write up I realize maybe I should have started with that BEFORE commenting on the shirt. On the other hand, great minds think alike!

Slydon


quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

copperchesnut wrote:I can't be the only one bothered by the fact that it doesn't add up to 100%.



Then you're just not paying attention!

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

endangeredomega


quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Only 12% Booty? Hardly reflective of the current obesity epidemic.

jdubious1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdubious1

Am I missing something? That's only 91% Did find this somewhat humorous though.

doh! like 6 more posts while I was typing

badsongninja


quality posts: 0 Private Messages badsongninja

91%... wonder what the other 9% is...

Jatravartid americans.

capguncowboy


quality posts: 15 Private Messages capguncowboy

Yar, he be downloading pie charts illegally...

creativehack


quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack

I'm not going to buy this shirt, I'm just going to borrow one from someone and make a copy for myself

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

danielvutran


quality posts: 16 Private Messages danielvutran

My chart would be 99% booty

*baddum tushhh*

yes it's me lol

pseudokiwi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pseudokiwi
jhgalvas wrote:I've been trying to figure out what the other 9% is!



I assume the missing eye is worth a couple %

paulyadeafhomie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulyadeafhomie

I love the pie chart, but it just doesn't look right on a shirt. Perhaps it's just me. XD

TheXBritish


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheXBritish

Every good pirate is at least 9% eye patch!

chin4me


quality posts: 3 Private Messages chin4me

Only 12% booty? This pirate sure won't be popular with Black Beard...

amreli


quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Slydon wrote:Then you're just not paying attention!



Eye patch.

edit: several others beat me to it....


creativehack


quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
badsongninja wrote:91%... wonder what the other 9% is...

Jatravartid americans.



9% missing
"i" is the ninth letter
i = eye

Patch = to fill

therefore:
eye patch fills in the missing value

It is a simple case of pirate math people

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

jasonAP


quality posts: 15 Private Messages jasonAP

Those percentages aren't accurate. 38+12 = 50, which would be half the pie (face). I shall take the role of the outraged party for the evening.

lonelypond


quality posts: 434 Private Messages lonelypond

9% Squawk! makes it for me because what's a pirate without someone to talk to?

DrBaron


quality posts: 17 Private Messages DrBaron
badsongninja wrote:91%... wonder what the other 9% is...

Jatravartid americans.



"Well, ye blasted fool, did ye not notice that the circle has a great big patch in the center? Aye, lad, and that patch be coverin’ a missin’ 9%, most likely! And don’t ye be feelin’ foolish now?"
from the description arrrr

Monkey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Monkey
jasonAP wrote:Those percentages aren't accurate. 38+12 = 50, which would be half the pie (face). I shall take the role of the outraged party for the evening.



You ruined this shirt for me. Oh well, sleep time.

copperchesnut


quality posts: 3 Private Messages copperchesnut
Slydon wrote:Then you're just not paying attention!



I did read the description, I just wouldn't want to have to explain it to everyone who asked every time I wore the shirt so I would have been happier with another label for it.

theoneill555


quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

Everyone knows a pirate needs a ship and I don't see one on the chart. Are we talking landlubber pirates?

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

jhgalvas


quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas
creativehack wrote:9% missing
"i" is the ninth letter
i = eye

Patch = to fill

therefore:
eye patch fills in the missing value

It is a simple case of pirate math people



Wow. Either your mind is incredibly random or you have too much time on your hands! Either way your comments are always entertaining!

Medicfrost


quality posts: 51 Private Messages Medicfrost

This graph is out of date, the new statistics include the Somoli curve equation.

jdubious1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdubious1

I think 9% of that shirt had to walk the plank.

freddybenelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages freddybenelli
jasonAP wrote:Those percentages aren't accurate. 38+12 = 50, which would be half the pie (face). I shall take the role of the outraged party for the evening.



It should actually be 50/91 of the face, because that is how much of a percentage is represented by the slices.

VivaGardner


quality posts: 0 Private Messages VivaGardner

First shirt purchase for me

dawnmt


quality posts: 9 Private Messages dawnmt

Best write up to Wear this shirt: because you want to laugh at all the mathematicians who’ll add up the numbers and complain while missing the incredibly visible math joke that’s pretty much right in the middle of the shirt. In fact, check out our forums and you’ll probably find some of those people right now! Maybe even on the I need a lift!!

I laughed. It's like Woot has a crystal ball, or something.

tedknaz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tedknaz

Look, I just think Woot needs to quit promoting Pirate exceptionalism. Frankly, they need to quit promoting Ninja pride too. What Woot needs to do is promote peace. I think I have a solution: http://bearfishco.vendder.com/coexist-pirates-and-ninjas

frickinawesome


quality posts: 7 Private Messages frickinawesome

haha, sorry the lack of 100 percent add-up has made some people jump overboard on this shirt's purchase!

There were actually two reasons/jokes we were going for here and both have been mentioned already:

1. 9 percent eyepatch!

2. Pirates ain't no good at mathimacation, land lubbers!

As for some of the pie slices not matching up to their percentages perfectly, we felt melding the pie colors in a visually pleasing way was more important than aligning to the exact percentages. For instance, the red pie slice is supposed to vaguely look like a sideways pirate hat, as well as the peg leg placed around where the leg might be on a person, the squawk on the shoulder, and the booty...well, I won't sink as low as our tee does on that front.

Thanks again for the love/indifference!

bluejester


quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

Awesome!

It seems like a while since we've had a pirate shirt, and I for one am glad to have one hear today.

geminitriplets


quality posts: 5 Private Messages geminitriplets

21% rum.... the rum is not gone!

kinkajou1015


quality posts: 8 Private Messages kinkajou1015

I wish it had more Matey in it.

Bandrik


quality posts: 76 Private Messages Bandrik

When I mistakenly read the title as Irate Chart, I instantly thought about something overwhelmingly awesome.

And manly.

tedknaz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tedknaz
frickinawesome wrote:
Thanks again for the love/indifference!



Love AND indifference. That design is deep man. Like Davy Jones' locker deep.