blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
lamealert wrote:And? It's clearly a celebrity likeness. Whether or not it's exactly traced this person is clearly using a person that has existed and is famous. Clear violation of the rules. Additionally it's just OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES! and makes a poor shirt.

This is Yosef, right? I knew that was you! I like the name you chose, it gives everyone warning when you pop up.

OhMyGodOhMyGodPonies, that's Gr8!

jsdev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsdev

how do I vote for this?

Tessai217

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tessai217

GMV simply because you went back and re-did it the right way.

Mind sharing those halftone tutorials?

emberdione

quality posts: 3 Private Messages emberdione
Re: Orintholestes Spot V2

Wow!

I am not a fan of dinosaurs, but man is this pretty!

jasenlangley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasenlangley
Tessai217 wrote:GMV simply because you went back and re-did it the right way.

Mind sharing those halftone tutorials?

Here is the beginning of the tutorial... to find the rest of what you need to know, just follow the (discussions) link at the very bottom of this great beginning tutorial. Hope it serves you well. =)

http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=18197

epickett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epickett
Re: The Orb-Weaver

I really hope you win more votes! This design is amazing! Love the detail and the subject material! Good Job!

imsochady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages imsochady
jasneko wrote:imsochady! Where've you been? Thanks

I've been doing non-artistic endeavors, but i'll see if I can string a few Derbies!

petitefilou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitefilou
Re: Octo-Pants!

GMV just because it made me laugh.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: ooze otters!

I am a little disappointed that this doesn't have more votes... I love the Otters and TMNT is definitely my favorite.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
bluetuba wrote:This is beautiful, but isn't he missing a leg?

I just assumed the 2nd leg was behind the first, since he's holding that small log/animal/whatever it is

Too bad this hasn't gotten more votes, looking at it closer, I love the colors and the style you used!

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Oooh, it's just a bird

I like the eyes I wish I had drawn my eyes like that!

runnerfrog13

Re: Opalite - Tiger Eye Crystal

This is excellent! Great job using the colors to give the crystal feel, and I like how the shape is simple and clean around the edges. This has got to be the most overlooked shirt in the derby!

(unrelatedly, it also makes me think of ice ^.^ )

runnerfrog13

Re: Opalite - Tiger Eye Crystal

(also, kudos+++ for using an O-word not yet found in the derby)

blinddog3d

jnorah wrote:Hey we will have talk about this L8r. Don't want to get the rejectionator up in arms.

Rejectionator? Oh, we're good friends, we tight as a elephant in a VW Bug!

Sorry, dude, don't want to wreck any chance this has of hittin the Fog. It's THAT GOOD!

Everytime I come check, it's in the New Hotness Wish I could vote 10 times a day!
You're a star, baby! BURN it up!

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

runnerfrog13

technicolorpie wrote:The design is just that single line on the shirt, I believe. 'Your One Liner Shirt' is just the title.

I hate to be the one to ask this, but... what on earth were you thinking? I encourage artists to enter the derby and improve their skills, but this obviously was an entry that you didn't take hardly any time or put any effort into. But at least you used a pun, right?

runnerfrog13

Re: Octo-Pants!

Haha, it took me a bit to get the joke, I'm so slow -.- Agree, this is the funniest octopus design in the derby, it's so random!

I probably wouldn't wear it, but the colors work GREAT together and with the shirt, very nice pairing, and your linework is nice too. Great job on that octopus head.

blinddog3d

Re: Honeyball

Hey. Rejectionator, another stray walked in, did somebody leave the woot open? Oh yeah, "Open for your submissions."

This week, featuring things that start with the letter "B!" Bee, Ball, B...... (We'll just call it, "Don't read the directions")

B-bye
BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

Re: Master Soda

Yoohoo, someone is littering!
They're make trash all over your derby just getting free parking!

Yoohoo!
Anyone home?

blinddog3d

Re: Odd Allies V2

NO.
What was wrong with green? This is OMGOMGOMGPonies OMGPonies. Olive fit with "O" anyway.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Olive-r with a Twist

What color is this supposed to be on? It doesn't look like one woot offers. Might want to fix that and resubmit.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

blinddog3d

Re: 3D Action movie!

Hey, NO FREE PARKING, move along!

runnerfrog13

blinddog3d wrote:
This week, featuring things that start with the letter "B!" Bee, Ball, B...... (We'll just call it, "Don't read the directions")

Aww, c'mon he at least used an Octogon... oh wait no he didn't that's a hexagon...

Shame too, this is a nice design.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: 3D Action movie!

This would be awesome for the "letter D" derby. Sadly this is the "letter O" derby and so this is probably going to get rejected. =/

runnerfrog13

Re: Master Soda

Huh, same submitter, same disregard for the rules. Where is the connection to the letter O? There isn't text allowed this week either. Rex, you have nice art, you could go far here, but gotta follow the derby challenge rules!

freeimagination

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freeimagination
Lish64 wrote:I really like this design but I'm curious to what is it supposed to be?

Well thank you, this is just a artsy stingray.

originaljoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages originaljoe
xepherys wrote:Except... isn't that a squid?

Darn. . .you're right. Well, there's always next week. This is my first derby.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
bassanimation wrote:This is so awesome! The colors are nice and eeevil, uwahaha! I love the smug looking little otter :D. +1!

Thanks! Every time I see your signature I wish Soupoku would have printed. Awesome stuff.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:I probably should beg for someone with color skills to collaborate, but my designs are kind of 'different', and might be a waste of their time. Plus, there's the whole halftones issue.

Oh, and backgrounds, I do no better with them than color.

sigh.

YOU'LL NEVER GET PRINTED WITH THAT ATTITUDE, MISTER.

nixxthapunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nixxthapunk

The shirt is on Kelly Green. The background was just to contrast

nixxthapunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nixxthapunk
nixxthapunk wrote:The shirt is on Kelly Green. The background was just to contrast

Thank you though this is my 3rd entry in my first derby

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
endangeredomega wrote:Similar shirts exist?

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=22132

I think that besides the inspiration being the same movie, my design goes in a different way and has a different style and end result. But, if anyone think they´re too similar, that´s why the "tattle on this" button is there, and then it´s up to Woot to decide...

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Overly Obnoxious Offspring Offend Octomom

This is pretty funny, I love the inky one!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
cwendauthi wrote:I love this print, but I'm kind of with the other guys on the squareness.

I like the gradient idea -- it already seems to kind of suggest one, due to the sectionalism.

In addition to/rather than the belt, I'd love to see this expanded and printed on an entire shirt (front, sides, back, shoulders). I think that could be a really awesome shirt, not just a tribute to the ocean but wearing it (in floofy, mystic language).

uh, mebe I should explain what a belt print is, eh? just click and all will be revealed!

yates0269

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yates0269
Re: Odd Allies V2

I like this much better with the white smoke coming out of the ox's nose. Much better execution!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
blanked wrote:And fractals too huh? It is moving up in the rankings, but I doubt it will break through the wall of octopi.

Some of those leaves look awkwardly placed in the big version but fine (to my eye) on the mock up. I wonder which way they would strike me in shirt size.

Awkwardly placed relative to the branches? I was trying to vary angles and such, so I could see that.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
DianaSprinkle wrote:LOL, oh but that orange isn't scared he's just amazed that he can taste the color purple... just kidding. =P I'm glad you like the coloring I had to actually remove a sneaky 7th color so I'm happy it still works.

He's not scared, he's just suddenly lost all control of his facial muscles! ;)

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Orca's Ocean

I think I like this one better than the Orbit one, which is saying quite a bit since I'm a sucker for space designs. Beautiful.

r0ksana

quality posts: 8 Private Messages r0ksana
jasneko wrote:Nice! Hope you can get it, very cool you are backpacking in Japan!:D

Same here! It's half backpacking, half biking, half urban crawl, and half too many halves. Give me the cuuuuuuuute!

jessieboomboom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessieboomboom

More votes!!! I need this shirt!!!

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion
Re: Othello Squared

I will always vote for a Shakespeare design.

But shouldn't the handkerchief have strawberries on it?