midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: The Owl Outlaw

thanks everyone for the votes and support!

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Order of the O-Cult

This is probably one of my favs from you. I'm excited to see it do so well. Now let's see a print!

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
dietmall wrote:It looks like this

Doesn't it? Some of the tentacles are even in the same exact position...

~T

myteemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myteemo

Great work guys!

Re: Soap Opera

joshuaelander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuaelander
madcobra wrote:great desing man +1

How can you vote if you haven't bought a shirt?

joshuaelander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuaelander
ROFLLMAOZ wrote:It really annoys me that this probably won't win:\

Yeah I agree. Sadly.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
ochopika wrote:That's silly because it doesn't look like barf...who's barf is green like that??? Barf is not green unless you drank a bunch of Hi-C Ecto Cooler and I'm pretty sure they don't make that anymore.

I get so worked up about this because in college I made a watercolor painting of an avocado, I got the color exactly right. A panel of instructors at my semester review said the green looked like barf, too!!! I was like "that's what a freaking avocado looks like! They are brownish green, what the crap?"

I think Shrek is supposed to be green and if people think that barf is green... well you'll just have to show them otherwise!

Yeah... unfortunately I sort of agree with them.
I think a problem with a lot of my designs is this: that this is a pretty good drawing, and pretty accurate blend/representation of WoW and Shrek. However, people don't want a big ugly ogre on their chest. And I don't know that grass colored shirts are all that popular.

Shirt design is really a balance between making something funny/novel and making something attractive. People don't generally want ugly things on them- even if it is well done.

But thanks for the kind words, anyway.
And I'm sorry about your bad experience with avocados. People can be so cruel when it comes to vegetables.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: The Orb-Weaver

Thanks for all the great comments everyone! It's nice to see something I spent so much time on doing well. Thanks a bunch!

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Obese Owl!

Obese animals (in cartoon form) are always hilarious. :D

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: O-Face of Obese Kid

This is O-ffensive!
You can't post OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES! in a woot.

I don't know if I would wear this... OK, I know, but I was trying to be nice.
BlindDog3D

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
Re: Onion's Funeral

I love it how Mr. Carrot, in his agony, is grabbing at his... stuff.

~T

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Op Art

Nice! I'd love to see a whole op art derby.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Spiritgreen wrote:Must have been tempting to go full CMYK with this. I'm glad you held the Y, these colors play very nicely together just like this. :^)

Thanks mate , really never thought about the CMYK thing just till now you mentioned as I used 2 different kind of blues in it , anyway glad you liked! (o;

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ochopika wrote:That's silly because it doesn't look like barf...who's barf is green like that??? Barf is not green unless you drank a bunch of Hi-C Ecto Cooler and I'm pretty sure they don't make that anymore.

bile is green like that, though, and sometimes, when you're really, really sick and you've barfed up everything else, you'll see that bile liquid nastiness. just sayin'

expo01

ya2sabes wrote:This shirt is essential for my survival.

But really, great use of colors and positioning, looks very crisp and clean. GMV for sure

hey ya2sabes thanks a lot for your vote and comment , appreciated! (o;

expo01

Re: Soap Opera

Thanks a lot to all for the support, appreciated! (o;

expo01

shikausstan wrote:This is the one t-shirt my wife said she would wear out of this whole derby. Except mine.(but I don't think she was serious about the "except your's honey")

Please say thanks a lot to your Wife , (o;

carbondecay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carbondecay
Re: Ancient Oak

cool

expo01

lonelypond wrote:very nice (+ squeaky clean fun)

Thanks! (o;

expo01

myteemo wrote:Great work guys!

Thanks myteemo! (o;

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

ochopika

quality posts: 27 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

paigeg wrote:Please share the GIMP secret - I know taylertot isn't the only one interested. That goofy Newprint filter just suxx.

LOL unfortunately the GIMP secret for halftones IS the newsprint filter, but if you do it a certain way they will look fine. My entry "the redwood estate" was made with GIMP and used that filter for the background. I know it didn't win, but the halftones didn't look horrible.

Maybe I'll post how to do it on the forums?

qetza

Re: Owl I Want is a Cup of Coffee

almsforoblivion wrote:This is great. How do you get the antiquing effect where the lines aren't solid but show through a little to the shirt color?

I use combinations either texture files or texture brushes. Thanks!

turtlegir1 wrote:I totally agree! This would be a really cool coffee mug!

Second, it's interesting you have 2 shirts that are like a story, the reverse of each other. Interesting....This one is the better of the 2, though.

I agree! Would love to see it on a mug! T-shirt is my first choice tho

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Occupied Octopus

imsochady wrote:I've been doing non-artistic endeavors, but i'll see if I can string a few Derbies!

Al-right!

jessison wrote:Love this, and it's the first black woot shirt that I would actually buy! Hope you make it! (Love odd bear out too...that was my most recent woot tee purchase)

It's not going to make it, but thanks jessison! And very happy to hear you love odd bear out!:D

Vote!

qetza

Thanks to everyone who voted and commented!

I like larger prints myself and think print size is personal preference, I usually try to display them larger on the mock-up so they show up better.

wanderlane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wanderlane
petitefilou wrote:GMV just because it made me laugh.

Thanks very much!

wanderlane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wanderlane
runnerfrog13 wrote:Haha, it took me a bit to get the joke, I'm so slow -.- Agree, this is the funniest octopus design in the derby, it's so random!

I probably wouldn't wear it, but the colors work GREAT together and with the shirt, very nice pairing, and your linework is nice too. Great job on that octopus head.

Thank you! I think it turned out really well myself. I'm not surprised it didn't go further in the Derby as it's a lot more bold and non-gradienty than the best performing stuff, but I'm proud of the design. I will almost certainly use it elsewhere.

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
Re: Organ Organs

Kinda creepy, but clever. Like the style and the thinking-outside-the-box.

chaos215bar2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaos215bar2
Re: Ancient Oak

I see another winner! This is an instant buy when (not if) it wins.

syzygy123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages syzygy123

God, i want to buy this shirt for my GF. It's perfect in so many ways.

thegarageband

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegarageband
Re: Oranges Blood Oranges

Reminds me of Hannibal. +1, hope it makes it!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Josephus wrote:Emperor Joseph II: My dear young man, don't take it too hard. Your work is ingenious. It's quality work. And there are simply too many notes, that's all. Just cut a few and it will be perfect.
Mozart: Which few did you have in mind, Majesty?

;^)

Lol! Sorry! I only meant that the lines might appear fuzzy on fabric, or at least look odd controured over the Twins. I get the woodblock look. But I think I like this better.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
taylertot wrote:Not that I think this is a trace, and for that matter, not that I think it isn't a trace...but geez, how the heck do you go about finding that out? I just Googled "Octopus," and that image definitely isn't in the first hundred or so. Seriously, this isn't a joke...how the heck did you come up with that?

Anyone who has spent any amount of time on regretsy.com will recognize the ubiquitous octopus pendant.

move along

kerflampatree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerflampatree
icspots wrote:The Fountain with Hugh Jackman. I thought the same thing when I saw this.

Absolutely breathtaking design.

That's the one.

texnewmex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages texnewmex

Hey Rad, just got your Rock, Paper, Scissors shirt today. I love it! Love the detail on your shirt this week too--I like Shrek, but didn't know it was a WoW reference (don't really know anything about World of Warcraft, actually. However, I've heard ignorance about Wow gives me a +124 cool factor).

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
bluejester wrote:*snip

(by the way, I've had long shifts at work lately and wasn't able to see how things unfolded with the rejected design before it disappeared, so if some one has a link to the comments thread that had this I'd appreciate a link in a PM)

There is no link to the specific comments thread for the rejected/removed design that ramyb submitted, but the individual comments are in the derby comment thread (along with all of the comments on all of the other submitted designs).

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

iizacookie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iizacookie
syzygy123 wrote:God, i want to buy this shirt for my GF. It's perfect in so many ways.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS +1

disturbed0ne

quality posts: 9 Private Messages disturbed0ne
teacookie wrote:<--lives in a cave
please explain t-shirt?

It's a resistor (as in, electronics). Resistance is measured in Ohms (thus the title).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistor

anitablake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anitablake

<3.
Hoping for a win because I want one.