zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Once Upon A Time

Very nice! This is the title that occurred to me when I saw the topic and I am so glad you did it. Welcome to Woot and I look forward to seeing more of your work. GMV

zeronegative

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeronegative

Where's the nose at?

zerobriant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerobriant
zekecatz wrote:Very nice! This is the title that occurred to me when I saw the topic and I am so glad you did it. Welcome to Woot and I look forward to seeing more of your work. GMV

hey thank you zekecatz :D i love to illustrate a lot,and i guess there is a lot nice people around too:D

ericmullins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericmullins
spike109u wrote:If this makes the fog, I will lose all faith in woot.

Did I just get trolled? Lol.

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear
odysseyroc wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow-White_and_Rose-Red

Fantastic.
Your varied styles always shine, man!

maura44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maura44
L3g3ndQ wrote:i have watched anime and read manga for quite a long time...at least 15 years now and that looks like it was drawn by a young otaku girl that's a freshman in high school, that has only seen the bad dubbing episodes of sailor moon and think they are all knowing of anime and manga!! those legs are not in any style other that bad! the top half looks professional but the bottom half looks like it was drawn by someone that has no experience at all in drawing the human form.

and with this being in the fog it now makes me believe people don't vote on actual art they are voting on the name witch is really sad!!!! this should not be in the fog!

Woah. Calm down, ok? If you don't like it, don't vote for it. And judging by the comments, it seems like at least some people are evaluating this design and deciding to vote (or not) based on its quality.

Wow, sarcasm. That's original.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
endangeredomega wrote:"You gotta pay the troll toll ..."

That is totally my favorite episode of "Its always sunny"!! hahaha.

And as always thanks for the great comments. I'm so excited this design is in the fog and I have high hopes for it as I think its more wearable than my average monster design *fingers crossed*

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: The Toy Peddler

This is so original and well-executed. I really think it deserves a print!!

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig
Re: Riches To Rags

Very funny!!!

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
j5 wrote:...the problem is that it triggers the "something's not quite right here" notion in the brain....

You gotta just drink your way through that or something...

;)

Nothing follows.

jmig

Very cool!!!

midgley4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midgley4

Hey Zero! and welcome! very solid design and awesome to see you subbing here! I hope see you around more! gmv!

zerobriant

Re: reduced to crumbs

wow, i like! nice design :D

jmig

Re: Billy Goats Gruff

Love this!

midgley4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midgley4

cool!

scottwaller2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottwaller2k

Cool design and an interesting take on ending to the classic story. My only complaint would be with that box of dynamite, my initial thought was that it was Wylie Coyote.

maura44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maura44
Re: Snow White and Rose Red

Not only did I get it, I wholeheartedly approve.

Wow, sarcasm. That's original.

buzatron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzatron
Re: Just Right

great use of lighting and subject matter. such a hilariously morbid piece...i love this :D

scottwaller2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottwaller2k

If only I could quote the 'lone wolf/wolfpack' line from Hangover right now!

buzatron

Re: Just One More Story

lovely illo midge! love the characters

GNitro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GNitro
Re: Red Revenge

If it wasn't for those legs and feet this would be an instant purchase if it got up there. The legs just look so odd in contrast to the rest of her body, especially her left leg. It looks shorter, and something about her foot throws it off.

Ramy, It would be nice if you could fix these aspects and resub.

fyrnnagra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrnnagra
Re: The Emperor Rocks it

This is hilarious xD I so hope it at least makes it to the Fog

The Emperor's "Make way, b*tches" pose is just perfect!

michdupre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michdupre
Re: Longing

Love this!

captainbaldie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages captainbaldie
Re: Red Revenge

I could care less about the other Red Riding Hood you made, but this really irks me:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53613

????????

Are you capable of making anything that is wholly yours stylistically? Dr. Seuss is one thing, but even your fellow derby artists? And please do us all a favor and not reply back saying that "you've never seen this entry". We can only be fooled so much.

rjlouise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjlouise

Oh I hope this one makes it! I've always loved black and white art and faerie tales. This is the perfect combo for me!

Ramble over.

rjlouise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjlouise
Re: IT'S A TRAP!!!!

Nice Admiral Ackbar reference (and way to work around the "no Star Wars" injunction). :D

Ramble over.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Re: FAIRY TALE FREE FOR ALL

I love that you always include a hot badass chick. The color scheme is perfect!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Hey Zero glad to see you around here mate , welcome! , amazing tee. +1

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Intervention!

Turned out great amigo! +1

cmoborough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmoborough
xarous wrote:Really stretching yourself here?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=46371

Yea and he got a bunch of dumb negative comments then too and still managed to win. You should probably just stop buying his shirts and vote on the artists you like.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
Re: Seven Ravens

Wow. That's so. . . raven.

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
shikausstan wrote:I like it without the words better. So the resub is a success!

Ah, well thank you! :-)

kattotang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kattotang
keefstar wrote:Personally, I think the legs are fine. You guys need to watch more anime/read more manga which is the style I believe this was drawn in...generally girls in that style have very slim waists, decent to huge sized boobs, and then long, powerful legs.
The only thing that bothers me is the sword...it looks like a big machete more than a sword. I think that's the only thing that needs more work. Otherwise, excellent design, I'd love to buy this! Also remember you nitpickers: this design doesn't and even shouldn't have to be true to life.

Anime that's drawn in an overly exaggerated style tends to look bad as well. But the thing about anime/manga is the reason they're drawn the way they are is because it's animated or a graphic novel, so a lot of pictures need to be drawn. This is why an exaggeration is acceptable, because it's usually more about the story. With regular artwork, it doesn't matter what the "style" is. Anatomical errors cannot be excused by "style"...people try to pull that crap all the time and it's a totally bogus argument.

That being said, everyone here has the right to critique it, especially since it's being put up as something to be sold. It's not nitpicking if so many people agree about something being off with the legs. It's their preference and they're entitled to it. Calling them nitpickers just because they aren't fond of a part of the design just makes you look insecure.

buzatron

oh this is lovely! great colors!

audentio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audentio
awlwren wrote:I love the colors and the texture, and the way you make this work for the original tale as well as the Disney one. Both versions are very dear to me, so I appreciate it.

But I can't ever buy this because of the ship. I don't understand. How do those sails even work? All triangular sails? My professors would laugh me out of the building.

Edit: on third glace, I see that they might actually be square sails, but that configuration and size still don't make sense to me.

Considering the Van Goghish style others think this is drawn in (i guess it looks like an oil paiting...) anatomy of the sails should be the least of your concerns. Well then again, starry night is really his only piece that I can think of that is completely wonky and free flowing. His own portrait isn't that far from anatomically correct, just the method he used to paint it makes it look a bit wonky...w/e

zerobriant

Re: If you say so

haha this is really funny :D

zerobriant

love your great work Kari! :D always a fan :DD

zerobriant

Re: Puss in Boot

that is really cute! :D

liltroble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liltroble
Re: the origen of fairies (resub)

I'm pretty sure they were referring to the math symbols too. If you get rejected again maybe put them together as couples holding babies?

zerobriant

Re: subject is: my name!

Rumpelstiltskin!! :D haha nice!