omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: The Toy Peddler

I love it

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05

I'm an amateur writer, but even so, it's difficult for me to put into words how awesome this shirt is. My fist thought was, "Cute...I'll vote for it, but I probably won't buy it."

But after I got a look at the big view...wow...just wow. Not only the sensuous textures, but the all the little details that have gone into this are beyond first-rate. If this one doesn't get printed I'll be mopey for days.

Awesome job. And I'll definitely buy one.

laughalot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laughalot
Re: Once Upon A Time

Welcome to woot, I think you'll do fine. This is awesome +1 from me!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
dcponcho wrote:You might want to be careful using the Trollface image. Recently a few websites have been getting copyright notices and have taken it off there site.

I wasn't aware trollface was a copywritable image; it's sorta everywhere and a copyright claim is sorta the antithesis of trollface.

Lerasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lerasi
Re: Where the Gold is At

+1 but only if it comes with a mystical leprechaun flute that's been passed down generations!

errebody seen the leprechaun say YAHHHH

hachartz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hachartz

I love the design! But I hate that it is on a white shirt.

kathartwig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathartwig
Re: Dissolving Into Foam

sooooo amazing!!!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Just One More Story

so good! +1

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Still no mystery icon announcement?

Nothing follows.

walmazan

Re: Gotcha!

you are so good!! +1

jboland8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jboland8
Re: Little Red Lawsuit

Red decided to get serious. :P Hope yall enjoy it!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: The Nightingale's Song

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Longing

I really love the way this came out, the colors are great and it has such a nice flow to it.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

I piss on your Sonic and spit on your Gingy - there be hedgies here!

paigeg

Re: Little Red-san

Papercut-y mashup. Yes. Definitely like. Not a fan of the lighter shirt colors at all, but the design is uber-worthy. GMV.

paigeg

truffleshuffle wrote:Oh wow! This is such a beautiful illustration! I remember really loving the book "Daughter of the Forest" when I was young so I really like the pick of "Six Swans" as your fairy tale to illustrate

I. will. kill. you. now.(unwarranted Arnold reference) 'When I was young'? Damn, that book seems like yesterday! Grrrumphhh!
Yes, well, it's all kinds of pretty and all that. And even apropos, and, well, kinda nice...
Oh hell and a >facepalm<. My recent fiction is your historical lit, I guess. Either way, this is beautiful. My only small crit would be some more indication of the pain of the spinning. Just a tad, to bring it home. But don't mess with it - GMV!

paigeg

Re: Red Revenge

Quite a bit more detailed than usual. Concept is uninspired and derivative of even the artist's own past design, but - definitely salable composition.
See my comments on the OTHER Red sub in the fog.

paigeg

Re: through the woods

This design is simplistic, not terribly original, but has soul. The OTHER fogging Red sub is lacking that critical ingredient - engagment (soul, heart, connection, what EVER). I'm not a fan of this, and would not buy it. But I have to give a kudo for the comp and color choices - nice contrasts. Well-studied.

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew

This is brilliant

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Re: You Can't Catch Me

I just realized the cookie is cross-eyed - now I must have even more than when I first saw the prelim on Thursday night!

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew
Re: This Bridge is Highly Suspect

Aaaaiiieee! I love this! And it's in the fog! That makes me happy!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Rest Area Ahead

Thanks, guys! Glad you like it.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

I really like this, but unless the Olive blanks have changed so I last bought one, the detail of the dark colour is not going to show up at all. The cage might just barely get a pass, but the wallpaper would definitely be lost.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

paigeg

Re: The Toy Peddler

I, for one, would like to see a larger deatil of this. It looks frickin' awesome at this size, but I wonder about the 'readability' on a shirt. I also have a tiny quibble about the bare right arm - gravity I suppose, but it seems odd.
I gotta give kudoes on the comp - that mod green background is a perfect compliment to the reds in the actual design. Excellent color sensitivity.

paigeg

Re: If you say so

If this prints, I must buy. I, too, know who I want to send this shirt to - and he will curse me unto the end of my days.
Sa-weet!

paigeg

Re: Once Upon A Time

My eyeballs want to see this on black with a halftone glow to bring out the actual blacks, and make it uber-spookalicious. Like when you're telling stories in the dark.
This is wonderful - no worries. You may be new to Woot, but you apparently know what you're doing.
BTW, what BlindDog meant was to ID the ink colors - I see black, white and a couple of grays. It helps those of us looking if we know the process - how many colors, if there are halftones. We're funny that way.

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
Re: Frogger Prince, calm

Frogger Prince! I would so play this!

Congrats on a deeply relevant video game reference. Those are some pro-level 8 bit sea creatures you've got there, and then when the eye reaches the bottom of the design, *bing*, golden ball.

moosepod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosepod
Re: Cheshire

Cheshire Cat. 3 Colors on black. Any comments (positive or negative) would be appreciated.

Hope you like it.

VOTE- Click Below!!!

walmazan

Re: Just Right

Return to the fog! I really want it!

treebirdoctopus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treebirdoctopus

Mispost.

walmazan

Thanks for the support!

Here are some detail :

Intervention!

madcobra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madcobra

bionicallyironic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bionicallyironic
gement wrote:Ha! This is a great abstraction. All trouble, all the time, and lovely rich colors.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I really enjoyed coming up with this idea. I really wanted more items but couldn't think of any.

moosepod

Great Sonic reference, GMV!

VOTE- Click Below!!!

moosepod

Re: The Bachelor Prince

Great Concept, well done.

VOTE- Click Below!!!

trevorstearns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trevorstearns
Re: The Godmother

Too bad about the rejection for text. Love the concept and design!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Thanks everyone! This was a race against the clock. Subbed it and immediately went to see Harry Potter. So good!

eHalcyon wrote:I really like this, but unless the Olive blanks have changed so I last bought one, the detail of the dark colour is not going to show up at all. The cage might just barely get a pass, but the wallpaper would definitely be lost.

I understand your concerns about the olive. I chose "PMS Black 3C" so I'm hoping it will be a bit closer to black than what's shown. I unfortunately don't have a Pantone swatch book, so I could be wrong about that. Anyone with a Pantone book want to weigh in?

shirtsarecool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirtsarecool
cwwaller wrote:This ain't no Sherwood Forest, this is da hood! Our favorite vigilante is no longer and what's left is one bad a** bird. He might steal from the rich but he ain't givin' it to no one! This isn't Robin Hood this is Robin in da Hood!

awesome. purely genius.

shirtsarecool

hadesleprechaun wrote:Halo, yes! Elites, Grunts, the Covenant. The Grunt is the cannon fodder of the Covenant army.

good one! But try to make the joke more obvious so that a person would get it without reading the caption; otherwise, I think it's hard to tell.

shirtsarecool

Re: Missed Curfew

I would totally wear this.