Re: Swan Brothers

Oooh, pretty! :-D

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Re: New Hero

This turned out nicely! Kudos :-D

ghostworld

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghostworld
walmazan wrote:Return to the fog! I really want it!

I was just going to write this! I really hope it gets more votes! I would so buy this!

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria

Wow, a highly sexualized Little Red Riding Hood holding a sword with blood on the tip, having apparently exacted so-called revenge. This is a Freudian field day.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Rapunzel pull up your hair! Aaaahhh!

This will be rejected because of too many colors. Woot has a 6 color limit, read the guidelines.

blinddog3d

Re: The Snake Queen

She looks just like a snake, great job.

claranorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claranorth

Based on "The Three Snake Leaves" written by the Brothers Grimm.

Becuase it's an obscure fairy tale, I'll explain it a bit. The long and the short of the story is there is a beautiful princess, but she will not be married unless the man is willing to be buried with her when she dies. This, naturally, drives sane men far away. But one man decides she just gorgous enough to risk it and agrees to the worst pre-nup agreement created. So they get married, become King and Queen and live happily. Breifly. She dies very young and he gets buried alive (or locked in a tomb) with her with provision for about four days.
At some point a snake arives and the man is afraid the snake would defile his still lovely corpse wife. So the man cuts it into four pieces. The snakes mate comes out, the slithers off and returns with three leaves. The snake takes the three leaves and places them on the three severed portions of it's mate and the other snake comes back to life. The pair go away happily.
The man, in awe of the leaves, takes then and places them on the eyes and mouth of his love. The blush comes back to her cheeck and the breath to her lips. But he had not put any on her heart, so even though she was alive, she was souless and cold. They go back to the palce (probably with equal terror and jubiliation.) One day the Queen decides to kill her husband, so she sends him off to the sea and an assassination attempt is made. The man survives, then comes back to the palace in disguise. He tricks the Queen into ordering her own death for her wickedness. So she is placed in a barrel full of spikes, rolled around and then drowned.
The man took the thrown, probably another wife, and that's more of the long than the short of it, but nevermind.

Re: The Snake Queen

claranorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claranorth
blinddog3d wrote:She looks just like a snake, great job.

Thank you, I'm a little impressed at how fast someone responded. I've never submitted anything before.

blinddog3d

Lagbert wrote:Baiting isn't very sporting ;) Nice job!

It would really cool if could sneak the three little pigs with the detention plunger in behind the trees in the foreground.

That's a really funny mash up. I LOL'd just thinking about the visual that emerged.
Good one!

This is still cute.
BlindDog3D

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
Lagbert wrote:Baiting isn't very sporting ;) Nice job!

It would really cool if could sneak the three little pigs with the detention plunger in behind the trees in the foreground.

I thought about doing something like that, but I couldn't get it to work out. I figure this still gets the point across.

Thanks for the votes and comments

ButtonPusher42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ButtonPusher42
Re: Deathly Hallowed

The Tale of the Three Brothers is a Fairy Tale. Just saying... oh well maybe next time.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
holothuria wrote:Wow, a highly sexualized Little Red Riding Hood holding a sword with blood on the tip, having apparently exacted so-called revenge. This is a Freudian field day.

I believe the expression "+1 Internets" is appropriate for your keen observation.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: The Nightingale's Song

Great drawing, colors and textures! Would make a very nice print!

qetza

qetza

Re: Pied Piper Pest Control

Fantastic illo! Love the angle and colors!

qetza

Re: Seven Ravens

Very nice! Looks great on the shirt!

qetza

Re: Gotcha!

Very nice! Great style!

qetza

Re: Once Upon A Time

Awesome design Zero!

qetza

Re: Swan Brothers

Wonderful style and colors!

qetza

Re: This Bridge is Highly Suspect

Great drawing! Cool monster!

qetza

Re: Intervention!

Excellent work!

qetza

Re: Longing

Love the colors and the big flowing shapes give it an almost abstract feel.

noisdois

This is gorgeous. I love your work here.

noisdois

Do you have a website or something where I can check out your other artwork?

qetza

Re: Der Mond

Awesome! Would buy.

qetza

Re: You Can't Catch Me

Saw this in the pre-derby thread and glad to see it's in the fog. Great piece!

qetza

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54914]STRAW STICKS

Great work! Colors are perfect.

qetza

Re: through the woods

Great style! Love the composition and colors.

blinddog3d

...and mine (+1) makes 100 votes. Good luck.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
Re: The Buried Moon

It's a neat idea, but I feel like the moon needs more detail on his face. However, I like the work you did on the witch hands holding the book.

blinddog3d

claranorth wrote:Thank you, I'm a little impressed at how fast someone responded. I've never submitted anything before.

They're here every minute of the day, waiting to love you or eat you alive. Tough crowd, too.

Good luck,
BlindDog3D

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Once Upon A Time

I really like the mermaid in the water effect that you have going on. The design is a little busy, but I personally like all the little details. In a way, it's nice to get new shirt and have other people pointing out things that you yourself may have missed the first time around. Anyway, it is a cool design and welcome to the derby!

Welcome to the derby!

noisdois

Re: Cabin Fever Tale

Goldilocks & the 3 Bears, Pinocchio, Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel & Gretel, Peter Pan, Snow White, the Ginger Bread Man, the 3 Little Pigs, and the SAW dude. I'm guessing it's his house.

Very clever work

golanta00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages golanta00
Re: Red Revenge

The hand on the sword bothers me. The top of the grip should be up into her palm, not under her knuckle. Otherwise, I like it. No vote though.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: Ninja Red Riding Hood

Though I probably wouldn't buy it, I like this better than the two RRH currently in the derby...Ramy and the one that reminds me of Ramy's other RRH shirt from several derbies back. Your take is more original by far.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: Riches To Rags

Love this design. I like the art and the shirt color.

zerobriant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerobriant
Re: New Hero

I like how you used that tail to frame the design :D

zerobriant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerobriant
Re: The Buried Moon

it's fun to see a hidden message on the design :D

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86

Lol :D Awesome design. Instantly readable for what the idea is behind it. Love it.