jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
eHalcyon wrote:Closer to the comp, yes, but dark details still disappear into the shirt. I know from experience, as I had a print on olive where even a large block of a dark colour was difficult to tell apart from the shirt. I picked a really dark green though, so hopefully black would do better - but I wouldn't be optimistic about it.

I've seen this concern about olive quite a lot, but a dark green ink color (5605C) showed up just fine on one of my prints on olive a year ago. Maybe the blanks have changed since your print? Or maybe it was just too close a shade of green.

Edit: And I forgot about this one... much more recently, black on olive - very clear.

batty66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batty66
Re: Happily Ever After

Awesome shirt!

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
MadamAtom wrote:I love it. What an adorable dragon, and nicely practical-minded too. "Look, mister, I can REACH her and you can't, so what's your problem?"

LoL! Yup, practical dragons are the best

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: Happily Ever After

Awww Love the way you did the value in this piece. Did you draw it all on the computer or did you do some by hand?

+1

ssravp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssravp
Re: Ninja Red Riding Hood

This MUST get printed! +1000

ssravp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssravp
Re: Red Revenge

Love this.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
jasneko wrote:I've seen this concern about olive quite a lot, but a dark green ink color (5605C) showed up just fine on one of my prints on olive a year ago.

Edit: And I forgot about this one... much more recently,black on olive showed up great.

Thanks Jasneko! Those are helpful.

Honestly i'm not too worried about this one. I'd be shocked if it even managed to fog at this point, let alone print, so I don't think it's worth a debate.

sprite2427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprite2427
Re: The House of Baba Yaga

I LOve this Because I lOVE sister Grim! This should be in reconing because I SUPER want to Buy it!!!!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Incredible detail, guys! Can we get this made into a shirt AND a movie?

brushfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brushfire
Re: Lil' Red Belt

Wow, Bruno, this is adorable!

Very nice interpretation of the fairy tale. I did see a lot of Red Riding Hood entries, there's 2 in the fog. It's not like you to take the broad path, but it is an original take on it.
Good Luck, you know you got my vote!
BG

vwclogan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vwclogan
Re: golden ugly duckling egg

id say this would jump to the top if you just had him with the egg broken behind him, that face is soo funny.

pokethedeadkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokethedeadkat
noisdois wrote:Do you have a website or something where I can check out your other artwork?

Yes! You made me realize I need to update my signature with this stuff. In the meantime: www.katphilbin.com or katphilbinsketchbook.tumblr.com

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Re: You Can't Catch Me

[[[Yeah! Fundamental Force was an HM - can't wait for the next Double-Take!!!!!!]]]

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: New Hero

Very nice! That yellow really makes all the colors pop.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: The Nightingale's Song

I am very optimistic that this shirt will fog, print and look fantastic! I love your detail and the fact that the story doesn't have to be explained. I've never ordered an olive shirt, but will do so when this prints!

blk909

Re: The Toy Peddler

So glad this went to the fog quickly and stayed there. I will be first in line to buy when it prints. I think when the wooter asked for a larger image he/she was asking for a close up of the details. It will be fabulous in print!

blk909

Re: Der Mond

For a large print size, I love that it is not massive. Great story, too. Happy to see this one print this coming weekend!

zachss514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zachss514
stophe22 wrote:I thought that was a pentagram on the moon too. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I would not buy it as a result. Love the design, just not quite as crazy about Satanism (or perceived Satanism)

This sums up my thought process.

blk909

Re: You Can't Catch Me

In for at least one Vitruvian Gingerbread Man.

krubdesigns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krubdesigns
Re: Why can't we be friends

very nice concept +1

penguinbuddy3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penguinbuddy3
Re: Puss in Boot

cuteee

krubdesigns

Re: Ninja Red Riding Hood

the design is great +1

rayray099

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099
Re: Der Mond

Full. Of. Awe. This is fantastic: you did such an amazing job on the moon. That's basically how I paint, too! Now if I could only figure out the digital version...
But serioulsy, this is so, so good. Or, sehr gut!

krubdesigns

Re: through the woods

very nice design +1

MasterWolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasterWolf

This would be an insta-buy.

krubdesigns

very nice work +1

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Hamelin TV

This is great!

juanoc74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
vwclogan wrote:id say this would jump to the top if you just had him with the egg broken behind him, that face is soo funny.

done !! thanks for the feedback

tedgellar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tedgellar

So cute!

juanoc74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
Re: Stupid cat that is my house!!

Thank you for the comments guys i appreciate your feedback

gigibeme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gigibeme
Re: Robin in da Hood

How can you people say that this is "OFF TOPIC" it is Robin Hood - it is a fable- duh!!!! You people are sometimes real jerks!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
capitalsown wrote:Well, it doesn't bug me, and frankly I am kind of insulted considering my thighs are LONGER than my midsection, when I pull my knees to my chest they are a good six inches above my shoulder.

that isn't an accurate measurement of your shape. When you pull your knees to your chest your back is curved, your thighs are not that much longer than your full torso.
To get a more accurate measurement you will need a tape-measure, preferably a flexible tailors tape, then you find the pivot point of your hip and measure in both directions. Make sure to have good posture while measuring or you will skew your results - they are also dependent on finding the correct spot to measure from and keeping the spot the same for each direction

jackmando7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackmando7
blinddog3d wrote:No, it wouldn't!
Poster Art is a different league. This is more "comicbook" than poster.
BlindDog3D

Maybe you're right, about it belonging in a comic. I think this is a cool piece of art, however it is not something I would wear.

petitefilou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitefilou
Re: The Juniper Tree

I love this, its the only one I'd absolutely no-question-even-though-I'm-broke buy.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86

I agree with the majority of comments- The face looks great, the cloak is amazing, but the legs/skirt/shoes are where you lose me. I love kick-butt girl shirts, (example of the best one I've ever seen
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52891 but this one is too sexualized. Put less emphasis on the legs and high heels, and more on the sword and cloak, and you GMV.

cwwaller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwwaller

This graphic is a reference to Robin Hood, a fable which includes classic characters from many kids' youth and which also includes morality (two concepts mentioned in the description of the derby). Hope this clarifies why I chose to design this for the theme. Sad to see all my votes go.

seedsofsedition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seedsofsedition
Re: The Sea-Hare and the jackalope

I kept trying to work on my other submission's re-sub and getting frustrated so I started wondering about sea-hares (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sea-Hare). What do they look like? What if one immigrated to america? What if it fell in love with a jackalope? etc

The design, specifically the color choices, seems off. Any helpful critiques would be appreciated.

find me here: cas.lollworks.com

seedsofsedition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seedsofsedition
illeander wrote:I love that they stole treasure! What fairytale is this from?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Ravens

find me here: cas.lollworks.com

purplstarz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages purplstarz
juanoc74 wrote:done !! thanks for the feedback

I think he meant without the mom and other eggs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
Re: Hamelin TV

lol so awesome! +1