purplstarz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages purplstarz
cwwaller wrote:This graphic is a reference to Robin Hood, a fable which includes classic characters from many kids' youth and which also includes morality (two concepts mentioned in the description of the derby). Hope this clarifies why I chose to design this for the theme. Sad to see all my votes go.

Fables aren't allowed. Only fairy tales.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
purplstarz wrote:Fables aren't allowed. Only fairy tales.

Plus, while many fictional tales have evolved featuring Robin Hood, it is debated that the story of Robin Hood was originally based in fact. I suppose it's more of a legend than a fairy tale.

Nothing follows.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

duplicate

Nothing follows.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Why can't we be friends

Wolf is forever aloooone
Great job!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54914]STRAW STICKS

Nicely done, even the cultural reference with the TNT. But, for the record, that's grillin' man, NOT BBQ.

snakexyz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snakexyz
Re: The Buried Moon

That thumbnail had me scared!

seedsofsedition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seedsofsedition
Re: The Sea-Hare and the jackalope

click on image below for full size view

find me here: cas.lollworks.com

morganwicker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages morganwicker
wootvan wrote:GMV...plus, I like the wolf's overalls...a wolf in cheap clothing.

The shirt is awesome. So is this comment -- I didn't see the pun coming.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Jack and the 8-Bit Beanstalk (Version 2)

Haha! Nice way to incorporate Jack's loot into the coin boxes

tenaciousleesha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenaciousleesha
neeznoodle wrote:Perhaps this is an erumpent horn?

Clearly a crumple horned snorkack.

Travisdoesmath

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Travisdoesmath
Re: You Can't Catch Me

This is just tremendously good. Bravo.

lavenderpoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lavenderpoet
Re: New Hero

I love this, and I really hope it prints.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Red Revenge

Interesting way to build on your other Red Riding Hood design, she's even got the same skirt. Looks like the girl was confident instead of scared after all... grew up and killed her some wolf.

There are alot more details, especially the wrinkles on the shirt and the various highlighting on the cape, which make this more appealing to me than the original of the series.

Regarding the Leg/hips: Actually, I know a few girls with this slender of a build on top and quite the hips/legs, so this really doesn't seem all that misproportioned to me. (Nice to see a non-bosomy heroine too)

The ankles and feet could really use some work though. The top is so well done and defined, but the shoes are kinda blobby. Also, the left leg, her knee is in the position as if her foot were facing forward, but her foot is actually turned sideways. So, her knee on that leg should be turned sideways as well, since when turning your foot sideways the movement comes from the hip and not the ankle. Her sword arm is a little long too, but not overtly so. Also, and this is a weird detail to notice, but a girl with that long of hair would probably not be wearing it underneath the throat-clasp-tie section of the cape, she would let it hang out the front of the hood on top of the tie. (Just trust me as a girl with long hair... itchy, snags, sweaty, getting more snarled every time you turn your head...)

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37

awesome work sir! +1

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg

I saw this design late last night...the thumbnail caught my eye, but I was so tired and it was so late...I told myself I'd come back today to look at it an comment on it. I had no idea this was one of yours, ocho! As always, VERY nicely done...and dragons are just awesome in general! I think the little dude freaking out is my favorite part though =P haha

It's nice to see a late sub fly up in the votes so quick...here's to hoping it holds its steam and pushes to the fog!

On an unrelated note, since as you know, ocho, I always have to put SOMETHING pseudo off-topic haha...I don't have a tattoo, but have always fantasized about getting a dragon on my back with its wings on my shoulderblades. I even started designing one, but it became one of those projects that was over tweaked and never good enough so I dropped it for a while...maybe some day...*sigh*

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg

Awww...poor wolfie =(

It's ok boy, forget all those meanies making you out to be the bad guy just because of your breed...those racists! It's the deed, not the breed! I know better though, I'll be your fwiend widdle wolfie =) who's a good boy? You are wolfie, you are!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

Aw, poor wolf! Also, love the simplicity and the twist.

Evaiyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Evaiyne

MUST HAVE!

ochopika

Staff

laggyg wrote:I saw this design late last night...the thumbnail caught my eye, but I was so tired and it was so late...I told myself I'd come back today to look at it an comment on it. I had no idea this was one of yours, ocho! As always, VERY nicely done...and dragons are just awesome in general! I think the little dude freaking out is my favorite part though =P haha

It's nice to see a late sub fly up in the votes so quick...here's to hoping it holds its steam and pushes to the fog!

On an unrelated note, since as you know, ocho, I always have to put SOMETHING pseudo off-topic haha...I don't have a tattoo, but have always fantasized about getting a dragon on my back with its wings on my shoulderblades. I even started designing one, but it became one of those projects that was over tweaked and never good enough so I dropped it for a while...maybe some day...*sigh*

Thanks Lagg-man! It would be nice to be foggy.

You could find a good tattoo artist to make your dragon look awesome. A decent tattooist would be able to take your drawing and make it how you really want it. Tattoos hurt though... a lot. A LOT!!!

kentbauer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kentbauer
D3lusional wrote:Okay, still love the shirt but what exactly is the fairy tale being depicted here?

I have the same question???

ochopika

Staff

Re: The Toy Peddler

I really, really like this. It's not something I normally see 'round here. I hope it prints so I can buy it! +1

kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
blinddog3d wrote:I can't understand why this isn't getting HUGE LOVE?!?!

The lighting and halftones are amazing, and the idea is transcendent.
Vote, people!!!
BD3D

I appreciate that input! and to the rest of my commenters as well!

among other factors, i guess popularity has something to do with it. i.e. Another of my entries shared the same concept as Lagbert and Walmazan, but they are better/more credible artists.

But, until i'm as well-liked, i'll take any votes i can get!
To answer your first question, two. two colors... on black. :P

freakinmage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freakinmage
zerobriant wrote:lunch! :D haha nicely done :D

Thank You, We were going to go with the 3 pigs and the wolf thinking about it

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Ninja Red Riding Hood

awesome work!

uncleregis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uncleregis
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

So the main reason this was rejected is because Star Wars isn't a myth? Did I understand that correctly?

naeylonsidhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naeylonsidhe
Re: Gotcha!

This one is so super cute!! I had to do a double take to get why it was so funny, it's great

Eriebadfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eriebadfish

Opps... See below.

Eriebadfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eriebadfish
stophe22 wrote:I thought that was a pentagram on the moon too. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I would not buy it as a result. Love the design, just not quite as crazy about Satanism (or perceived Satanism)

Grow up! People still believe in that whole God/Satan story that has been floating around for years? Its 2011. Time to get over it already.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: 3 Billy Goats Grunge

The reason why the troll was so cranky. The stupid goats kept him up all night with their horrible band practice.

jubileejune

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jubileejune

Her hair is outlined by a color similar to the sea foam. I don't know why it didn't show up in the thumbnail. And the image has been smashed quite a bit too. The mermaids are much more lean. :P

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
jubileejune wrote:Her hair is outlined by a color similar to the sea foam. I don't know why it didn't show up in the thumbnail. And the image has been smashed quite a bit too. The mermaids are much more lean. :P

If you add your comments on the image page where it says " +add a comment", the rest of us will know to which design you refer.

seedsofsedition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seedsofsedition
jubileejune wrote:Her hair is outlined by a color similar to the sea foam. I don't know why it didn't show up in the thumbnail. And the image has been smashed quite a bit too. The mermaids are much more lean. :P

I suggest you take a look at the submission rules. you don't show placement in your comp image nor halftones (can't tell if there are any). take a look at the comp images for the other submissions for ideas on how to do that in a way you like.

I really like your design, I wouldn't want you to get rejected for something so simple.

find me here: cas.lollworks.com

jnelson62

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson62
Re: Red Revenge

Bugger the naysayers. I like it! +1

zebazga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zebazga
Re: The House of Baba Yaga

I love, I want, I must have. Must.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

ffs, she gets knocked out, and she DREAMS about being in OZ and in the end she WAKES UP and realizes THAT SHE WAS DREAMING.

Again. Dreams ≠ fairytales.

that was fun while it lasted!

jubileejune

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jubileejune
seedsofsedition wrote:I suggest you take a look at the submission rules. you don't show placement in your comp image nor halftones (can't tell if there are any). take a look at the comp images for the other submissions for ideas on how to do that in a way you like.

I really like your design, I wouldn't want you to get rejected for something so simple.

Yeah, this is my first entry and I was very confused by the rules. I have never done graphics where I needed to do the colors all on separate layers and all that and I never figured out how to do that. Gotta love the tutorials where they show you a blue square and a red triangle and show you how to separate colors when obviously my design is much more complex than that. Oh well. I guess I need to go educate myself further.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape

Beautiful lines on that dragon! GMV.

jerberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerberry
Re: Puss in Boot

I will buy it!

jerberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerberry
Re: The Juniper Tree

I want it BAD.