+ Add a Comment

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Der Mond

This is really great.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
vwclogan wrote:Obviously you are, otherwise you would of saw what written in most of the comments. Show me da gold, I'z want tha golds!

Obscure internet meme alert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

move along

katelouisa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katelouisa
Barc7 wrote:Not sure if this is Addams-esqe or Wilson-esqe macabre. :-)

Only quibble is position of knitting needles. Outer ends should be down while knitting, and points up.

because, of course, everyone has seen a bear knitting ;)

This was a double-take and then a LOL when I noticed the gold locks

thanks

namesjames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namesjames
blinddog3d wrote:I "get it," I'm fullorn Irish! Spot-on ...with no face? Looks like a "Tree design" in disguise. The picket fence and the houses don't fit the design. And ...tell me what fairy tale this came from., cuz I must be Blind!

Yeah man before you go any further about your heritage you may want to watch this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

The greatest fairytale of them all...'The Alabama Leprechaun'

j5

travisk02 wrote:*EDIT: and yes I actually tried it like I was the one that was stuck... got some weird looks from co-workers. :/

This right here wins it.

move along

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: This Bridge is Highly Suspect

Fairy tales like the Billy Goats Gruff made me forever afraid of the presence of bridge trolls...

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Jeus wrote:you cant put your hand above your head? Not sure I get your complaint...

Nice job nuggets +1

Johnny5 just likes to complain, and he's good at it (and usually right). He has a good eye, and I see what he means, the shoulder would be a tad higher, unless pumkin compression has bent her over, and then it's still the wrong angle.
BlindDog3D

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
travisk02 wrote:*EDIT: and yes I actually tried it like I was the one that was stuck... got some weird looks from co-workers. :/

Ha! I appreciate your efforts here. hyuk...

Nothing follows.

madcobra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madcobra
Re: you know what they say about big feet

Rejected!!?? why it doesnt look like snowwhite we know is her but it doesnt look like

jimmytime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmytime
Re: Intervention!

Aw man, rough time getting this one through

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
Re: Let down your...

Like the design but the text doesn't seem incidental to me...

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

pokethedeadkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokethedeadkat

[quote]Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54991]The Emperor Rocks it

This emperor is wearing a super fine set of clothes. What? Can't you see them? There must be something wrong with you.

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy
D3lusional wrote:Is the ugly duckling considered a fairy tale? I sure didn't think it was.

Had the same thought, but wikipedia refers to it as a fairy tale, and it was written by HC Anderson. Go figure.

bigaislestyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigaislestyle
Re: teh boy hoo drew caets

The Boy Who Drew Cats" is a Japanese fairy tale collected by Lafcadio Hearn in Japanese Fairy Tales. A farmer and his wife had many children; the youngest son was too small and weak, and spent all his time drawing cats instead of doing his chores. So, they took him to the temple to become a priest. He learned quickly, but he drew cats everywhere. The old priest finally said he could not be a priest, though he might be an artist, and sent him away with the advice to avoid large places at night, and keep to small ones. He decided to go to a big temple nearby and ask them to take him on.

The temple had been deserted, because a goblin had driven the priests away, and warriors who went against it were never seen again. A light burned at the temple at night, so when the boy arrived, he went in. He saw some big white screens and painted cats on them. Then he went to sleep, but, since the temple was large, he found a little cabinet to sleep in since he had remembered the priest's advice. In the night, he heard sounds of fighting, and in the morning, the goblin-rat was dead in the middle of the temple, and all the cats he had painted had mouths wet and red from the blood.

When the priests found out, he was hailed as a hero, and he went on to become a famous artist; one who only painted cats!

lucindadale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucindadale
Re: The Toy Peddler

love this one!

j5

Barc7 wrote:Not sure if this is Addams-esqe or Wilson-esqe macabre. :-)

Only quibble is position of knitting needles. Outer ends should be down while knitting, and points up.

Well, while technically correct, Chuck Jones (for one) disagrees for creative reasons I'm sure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uuCta4wyP4

(go to 07:25)

move along

vwclogan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vwclogan
j5 wrote:Obscure internet meme alert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

If your saying obscure to be ironic, your right. ;)

lucindadale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucindadale
Re: The Toy Peddler

love this one!

jpsayre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpsayre
Re: Jack and the 8-Bit Beanstalk

Wow guys! Thanks for the awesome feedback! I had originally tried the shirt on baby blue and hadn't liked it but maybe it will look better on royal blue. I'll submit a version 2, hopefully by Saturday afternoon and try to incorporate some of your ideas. Please stop by and vote again!

madcobra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madcobra

what can i do to save this piece

ellyion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellyion
Re: Porcine Angels

It's the summer blockbuster you never expected: The three little pigs meet Charlie's Angels for Fright Night!

Ellyion

j5

vwclogan wrote:If your saying obscure to be ironic, your right. ;)

Yeah, it's 5 years old.
That's like 100 years in internet time.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-crichton-leprechaun

move along

taternuggets

ellyion wrote:It's the summer blockbuster you never expected: The three little pigs meet Charlie's Angels for Fright Night!

Ellyion

Those are some determined pigs... gmv!

Nothing follows.

j5

madcobra wrote:what can i do to save this piece

Reduce the colors to 6.
Use a different version of snow white or an otherwise easily identified fairy tale princess that ISN'T the Disney representation.

move along

Barc7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barc7
Re: The Juniper Tree

I had not ever run across this fairy tale before. I found it online here:
http://www.authorama.com/grimms-fairy-tales-40.html

taternuggets

bigaislestyle wrote:The Boy Who Drew Cats" is a Japanese fairy tale collected by Lafcadio Hearn in Japanese Fairy Tales. A farmer and his wife had many children; the youngest son was too small and weak, and spent all his time drawing cats instead of doing his chores. So, they took him to the temple to become a priest. He learned quickly, but he drew cats everywhere. The old priest finally said he could not be a priest, though he might be an artist, and sent him away with the advice to avoid large places at night, and keep to small ones. He decided to go to a big temple nearby and ask them to take him on.

The temple had been deserted, because a goblin had driven the priests away, and warriors who went against it were never seen again. A light burned at the temple at night, so when the boy arrived, he went in. He saw some big white screens and painted cats on them. Then he went to sleep, but, since the temple was large, he found a little cabinet to sleep in since he had remembered the priest's advice. In the night, he heard sounds of fighting, and in the morning, the goblin-rat was dead in the middle of the temple, and all the cats he had painted had mouths wet and red from the blood.

When the priests found out, he was hailed as a hero, and he went on to become a famous artist; one who only painted cats!

Your explanation of the origin of this fairy tale is probably fine... shouldn't draw the rejection again.

This is my take on it.... not fact.

Nothing follows.

wootertim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootertim
madcobra wrote:what can i do to save this piece

I don't think that you will get an official answer.

At least you have to fix the reasons for rejection as woot wrote: Mind the 6 colors-rule and replace/change the disney-version of snowwhite.

I would guess, you could add an apple to the new girl to keep the snowwhite-reference or something like that. But be aware, that the new design could be rejected again ... whyever.

Good luck!

awlwren

quality posts: 3 Private Messages awlwren
Re: Longing

I love the colors and the texture, and the way you make this work for the original tale as well as the Disney one. Both versions are very dear to me, so I appreciate it.

But I can't ever buy this because of the ship. I don't understand. How do those sails even work? All triangular sails? My professors would laugh me out of the building.

Edit: on third glace, I see that they might actually be square sails, but that configuration and size still don't make sense to me.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Don't Go Into The Woods

A lot of Grimm Fairy Tales Take place in the Woods... A common culprit in fairy tales is the Wolf. I combined a few fairy tale ideas into one in this shirt design.

If you look you can see a wolf, red riding hood, three little pigs, and in the background is a knight on a horse...

Please Leave Comments!

cwwaller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwwaller

This ain't no Sherwood Forest, this is da hood! Our favorite vigilante is no longer and what's left is one bad a** bird. He might steal from the rich but he ain't givin' it to no one! This isn't Robin Hood this is Robin in da Hood!

cwwaller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwwaller

Fixed the gradient

deeelite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deeelite

i *love* your artwork. each submission i seem to love more than the last... you always have my vote!

djtheatre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtheatre
Re: Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

My take on the Ugly Duckling with a twilight-zone kind of twist.

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed

Hah, amazing work! Too bad it got rejected...

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Snow White and Rose Red

Inspired by Snow White and Rose Red, by the Brothers Grimm.

5 colors on Navy. I hope people like it.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86

WANT! wantwantwant. My favorite so far :-)

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan

Love the Red Balloon! And I am definitely scared of that bridge!

AzatiPrime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AzatiPrime
Re: Short Cut

Too bad. This is a very cool design.

gigibeme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gigibeme

Thank goodness Robin in da Hood is back! I love it!