blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
blk909 wrote:Sure has a long history in rejected and/or removed: http://shirtwhat.com/archive_a.php?artist=blinddog3d

~roll of eyes~

And that has nothing to do with my comment.
I have paid attention to recent derbies and Without resorting to shirt.what remember an average of 2-3 variations of one submission and several submissions per derby - I'm sure I missed some. I also remember 3 accusations of copying, 2 with images linked prior to this one.

Pertinent to my question I also have seen him go to others threads and belittle the artwork, rarely going back with a slight apology. So I repeat, Did he get himself a forum ban?

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
phineus wrote:You've brought animated thumbnails to a whole new level of annoying

Agreed, what was the point of animating this one or the others that were submitted today.

blanked

ignorant wrote:Agreed, what was the point of animating this one or the others that were submitted today.

Think fight club, flashes of something that he wants to get across, I have been unable to read the image that is flashing. Is there a way to separate out the images used in a gif?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dssimon4 wrote:it totally is 580x580px! i don't get it! thanks:-)

right-clicking my mouse and selecting "image info" says the original is 1,828px × 2,145px.

blanked

Re: Strange Catalyst

Everytime I look at this the way you did her eyes bugs me, she has no eyelids. And the way the eyelashes cover the white of the eye kinda makes the eyes look robotic, but only half way. I think it needs to be one or the other.

bigaislestyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigaislestyle
Re: The End Is The Beginning

superb, nice ambigram! Keep searching for the philosopher's stone.

bigaislestyle

Re: Better Living Dead

gotta love zombies

bigaislestyle

Re: Avocado's Number

Good one, the way the avocado looks makes it even funnier.

spidergirl42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spidergirl42
Re: 4 States of Matter

You forgot Bose–Einstein condensates. I am such a nerd...

YES!

bigaislestyle

Re: Body by Adamantium

inspiration is one thing, this is just bad form.

bigaislestyle

ochopika

quality posts: 27 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

dssimon4 wrote:it totally is 580x580px! i don't get it! thanks:-)

If you're using Photoshop, just click on the crop tool, and enter "580 px" in both the width and height boxes. Crop your whole shirt comp that way. You could just go to image and image size, but if your image isn't perfectly square then I think its more straightforward to crop it.

If you're using GIMP and your image isn't perfectly square (which it isn't), click image>scale image, then scale JUST the height to 580 px, AND add 100 pixel/in to the resolution (ex: if its 300 pixel/in make it 400. Makes it less blurry in my experience). Make sure that the width is linked to the height so that it scales and doesn't become distorted.

Click on image>canvas size and make the canvas size 580x580 px (click the chain-thingy so that the h and w aren't linked). In this window you can move the canvas around so that it frames the right things. Now when you flatten your image and save it as a .gif, it should be 580x580px.

Lots of text. Hope that helps!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Top Secret

Wonka power! 40 years on and the gobstopper still has flavor!

Thanks for all the support and nice comments. ^__^

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: chemistree

This is so stylish. I always enjoy your unique texture/color combos, helgram.

You have a great eye for design, please keep on creating derby shirts! I'm sure it won't be long until you hit the front page. :^)

lakesler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lakesler

He's had *3* designs rejected in this derby alone. I think a ban is definitely appropriate. You can see the 3rd design that got rejected here - http://shirtwhat.com/archive_e.php?entry=55438. He managed to remove it before too many people saw it.

lakesler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lakesler
gement wrote:I just looked him up on shirtwhat and noticed that he quickly removes a lot of entries when he resubs or when they are rejected.

Immediately after the Adamantium rejections, he put this up: http://shirtwhat.com/archive_e.php?entry=55438, "Rejected because: Seriously, you need to stop using other people's artwork. http://tinyurl.com/3q9wthh http://tinyurl.com/3rma93r"

Seriously, people have no incentive not to steal if you don't even ban them from the derby for two instances of demonstrable photo plagiarism in two days.

IAWTC. That's 3 designs rejected in a single derby because of plagiarism. This one, the resub of this one, and the one on shirt.what that he pulled down when it got rejected.

Seriously, we live in the Google age. It's just not that hard to track down plagiarism.

ultimatejeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ultimatejeff
htfs wrote:I really like this style and concept.

Hey, Thanks a bunch! Doesn't look like I'm gonna win this one but I'm pretty excited about the 50 votes I've got so far.

baku914

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baku914

I absolutely love this! The chemistry nerd in me appreciates it fully!

jhernz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhernz
Re: Dr. Adorable Love Potion

Do you have a high-res link?

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred

Wish they could install a music box in the shirt...

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
qetza wrote:Fantastic colors!

Thank you!

blk909 wrote:Wish this would get to the fog!

Yeah, me too.

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
blanked wrote:Think fight club, flashes of something that he wants to get across, I have been unable to read the image that is flashing. Is there a way to separate out the images used in a gif?

Then he is wasting his time.
"The near-consensus among research psychologists is that subliminal messages do not produce a powerful, enduring effect on behavior"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_stimuli

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
blanked wrote:So I repeat, Did he get himself a forum ban?

You are correct.

move along

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
yellowflower wrote:Then he is wasting his time.
"The near-consensus among research psychologists is that subliminal messages do not produce a powerful, enduring effect on behavior"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_stimuli

Well, all thumbnail animations have now been outlawed. Gotta believe he was a big part of the decision process on that one.

Nothing follows.

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807

I think you should have used the upright triangle instead of the wavy lines for the water sign so you could be more symmetrical, but it still looks awesome. GMV! Twice, if I could.

chunkydesign wrote:Here´s a link to a larger view of this design: Alchemy_preview.
I leave here, also a link to the site where I found the Alchemical symbols used in this design, if anyone is trying to understand what they mean - Alchemical and chemical symbols

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

kaylarhymes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaylarhymes
lilygrapetree wrote:Drat somebody beat me to the punch! Cool idea, nicely done. I am working on something similar, hopefully finish soon enough, although sleep may intervene first...

GMV +1 :o)

Haha. Thanks! When I first seen the topic, mentos and diet coke was the first thing that came to mind.

j5

The man has stones, gotta give him that.

I'm not really sure who this is directed at, though.

move along

epicfal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicfal
Re: Safety First

I can't believe this hasn't gotten more votes! It's adorable! It reminds me of the safety posters in my high school chem lab. I totally want one.

epicfal

Re: Chemistry of Relationships

I'm impressed by how much thought you must have put into this. Aaaand I love that one of the elements of love is "Puppy". <3

epicfal

Re: Periodic Turntable (Resub)

This version looks WAY better. I love it. And the shirt looks like Navy to me.

epicfal

Re: carbon dating

I LOVE this pun!

epicfal

Re: Je suis un nerd.

I love it! I want it!

exnaclh2o

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exnaclh2o

Love it. Need more NPH references on shirts.

Kathryn

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: Amongst our weaponry are such diverse Elements...

I MUST OWN THIS!!! in for 3

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
j5 wrote:The man has stones, gotta give him that.

I'm not really sure who this is directed at, though.

There is a big difference between having stones and just being an poooony.

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet
Re: When Atoms Split

Love this one!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
j5 wrote:You are correct.

If you are probated and are not allowed to comment, you should not be allowed to submit to the derbies during that time either.

yakimikku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakimikku
lifeischemical wrote:I now need to incorporate the phrase "I'm going to deprotonate you so hard" into my daily vocabulary.

Excellent!! :D

Thanks for the comment!

j5

blanked wrote:Think fight club, flashes of something that he wants to get across, I have been unable to read the image that is flashing. Is there a way to separate out the images used in a gif?

I use irfanview for everything.
It's just 3 frames with the second being a magenta fill.

move along

j5

Johndis5 wrote:If you are probated and are not allowed to comment, you should not be allowed to submit to the derbies during that time either.

Different mechanism, but they may change it.

move along