+ Add a Comment

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86

bionicallyironic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bionicallyironic
suzer22 wrote:This reminds me of my favorite old arcade game, 'Centipede'!

great compliment. I love centipede.

brisky86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brisky86
Re: Avocado's Number

Correct me if I am wrong(which would be no surprise) but isn't that in fact a very large number, that would not = the digits for a phone number?

Still a cool shirt though.

locoskier78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locoskier78
amreli wrote:The colors are definitely beautiful, the placement seems a little wonky though. I think it would look better either lower (so the bottom of the design is at the lower edge of the print area, but not any taller) or centered.

The design covers the allotted vertical space of the print area. I presume what they have in the template is the print area and that specific designated area can not be moved lower...

brisky86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brisky86
brisky86 wrote:Correct me if I am wrong(which would be no surprise) but isn't that in fact a very large number, that would not = the digits for a phone number?

Still a cool shirt though.

Never mind. Should have searched first.

"To convert grams into atomic mass units, or vice versa, you can use the following equations:

1u = 1.660538782(83) x 10-24g

1g = 6.02214179(30) x 1023u

*u - atomic mass unit; g - gram"

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: DOPAMINE

Lovely color choices.

And, like love, too much dopamaine can make you crazy...

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
phineus wrote:What about the movement, anthropomorphizing, caffeine molecule, and inclusion of chemical formula underneath? What else is left of the shirt if we ignore those? I never rag on other people's designs but come on, this is almost exactly the same as the shirt ChaosDoctor posted. If this doesn't get kicked for similar shirts than I don't know what does.

Not similar enough - obvious idea out there in the aether. AND that's the problem I tried to bring up pre-derby! I predicted this would happen [although didn't mention RamyB by name]. I have been wearing chem-related shirts since the late '70s and there are very few TOTALLY ORIGINAL ideas left. Either Woot allows some latitude or there really is no derby. Note that only one of the spell things with elements shirts has been rejected - probably because it was too similar, but given the number that are out there, you could reject them ALL for being too similar. If a shirt is an obvious copy -spot on plagarism - then it should be rejected even if it was an obvious idea. But it should be a spot on copy, or, again, no derby.

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
Re: questionable table of elements

This shirt. I must possess it. Clear winner in my book.

kaylarhymes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaylarhymes
Re: Mentos and Diet Cola!

Hey! Who's ever tried putting mentos in diet coke? haha. Fun stuuufff!! Please Vote! :D

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Esoteric1081 wrote:Sad this is not in the fog

One of these days!

mardigraw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mardigraw

If only the real periodic table were like this. Kryptonite is a substance from superman so its chemical symbol is Sm. See if you can figure out what the rest of the substances are from. :D

ochopika

Re: questionable table of elements

I can haz this? So everyone else looks at the table of elements and sees nonsense words too?? I'm so happy

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
Re: Periodic Table of Fiction

I like this. It's fun.

Didn't get four of them, though.. either by lack of exposure to the work, or it's just escaping me.

Lol. Jumbonium. I think that's my favorite.

suzer22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages suzer22

Thanks for trying my ideas...sorry if it felt like wasted time :-) It's very pretty on blue and I love the colors in the 'miracles'!

And congrats on the Vitruvean Gingerbread - I find that one utterly delightful!

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus

Bah, didn't know I couldn't edit. I was wrong. Three I didn't recognize initially, two of those I did after I looked it up. The last one, I never played, so I didn't get it.

But I won't ruin the fun of guessing for everyone else by saying. ;)

epochlulz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epochlulz
Re: Chemistry LOL

So... Adorable.

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur
Re: Better Living Through Alchemy

I love the shirt. Such a simple design that just works. Stinks that it already fell out of the cloud.

renouxa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renouxa
lifeischemical wrote: ...The hydroperoxyl radical would have 2 Oxygen and 1 Hydrogen, but that would be HOO, not HOH. Hydrogen just isn't going to bond to 2 Oxygens like that

Actually, the van der waals forces in water keep the more strongly negative charge on the oxygen associated with the hydrogen from another molecule. Which is why the boiling point for water is so high. Which is why the sun doesn't boil our oceans, making this planet uninhabitable.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: youre growing on me

hahahaha! love it! +1

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur
Re: A Mol of Hot Gas

just have to point out that the shirt is incorrect. A mol of gas is 22.4 L at STP.

STP is sea level and 0 C/ 32F or 273.15 K

Other wise not hot but the cold. Freezing point of water to be exact.

renouxa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renouxa
amreli wrote:
And, like love, too much dopamaine can make you crazy...

So can too little.

audentio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audentio
Re: Periodic Turntable

In my opinion, most creative design this derby. I hope this gets printed :D

ochopika

Re: Good Enough for Me (resub!)

I resubbed this with a better thumbnail and color!

C is for carbon, that's good enough for me (since I'm mostly made out of it and all) ooooh...carbon carbon carbon starts with c.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: React Button

This looks like a winner! Nice work as always, Wenceslao.

Mwhitlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mwhitlock

Personally... I love it. I think it's absolutely adorable and I love the faces. Great shirt Ramyb - I hope I get the opportunity to purchase it

The only problem I have is that your double bonds aren't very clearly indicated. I appreciate the doubly thick lines but... eh... I would've gone with the traditional two lines for a double bond. Even so - cool shirt

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: delicious!

I think this is fantastic, and I would wear it!

mardigraw

Lol for LOLcatz

mardigraw

Re: a lot in common

+1 on this one. That is basically enough DNA for a unicellular being.

mardigraw

I like the use of halftones in this image. Idk why it is pretty basic halftoning but I like it.

lifeischemical

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lifeischemical
renouxa wrote:Actually, the van der waals forces in water keep the more strongly negative charge on the oxygen associated with the hydrogen from another molecule. Which is why the boiling point for water is so high. Which is why the sun doesn't boil our oceans, making this planet uninhabitable.

I know what you're talking about, but there are no other molecules in this picture. I was referring to 1 hydrogen (alone) bonding to 2 Oxygen (one on each side). That's not a stable configuration and why it bothers me so much.

mardigraw

penthus wrote:Bah, didn't know I couldn't edit. I was wrong. Three I didn't recognize initially, two of those I did after I looked it up. The last one, I never played, so I didn't get it.

But I won't ruin the fun of guessing for everyone else by saying. ;)

haha thanks for not ruining it. I was hoping it would be a lot of fun. It was a lot of fun to make :P And btw Jumbonium is my favorite too

mardigraw

Ahahaha I get it! :P nice work.

pure5152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pure5152
Re: The three classical states of matter

I can't stop laughing. gmv!

mardigraw

Re: Nobility

I cant believe this has no comments. I love it! +1

pandeownium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pandeownium
Re: To Be Read With a German Accent

I know someone that needs this shirt too... Like one for every day of the week.
If you do get it printed somewhere else... I would buy one for sure.

lifeischemical

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lifeischemical
Re: Neon neon neon neon neon neon

I love how the stream behind him is the color of neon in a gas discharge tube.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Good Enough for Me (resub!)

Nice shirt. Haven't seen the original colors, but white on royal always looks good.

qetza

Thanks audentio!

Thanks mardigraw!

qetza

Re: youre growing on me

That's awesome!

ochopika

qetza wrote:Nice shirt. Haven't seen the original colors, but white on royal always looks good.

It does! It reminds me of those pop tarts they used to sell a long time ago... the "magic"ones that were blue and white striped inside? Please tell me someone else remembers these.