kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
Re: captain obvious

I get the 8 bit part, but everyday.....kinda pushin it

Check out my Derby Shirt!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Adam7986 wrote:Am I the only person who is concerned that this clearly wouldn't be considered 8-bit? There is far too much detail to be 8-bit. This is 16 bit or probably better.

Scroll up

move along

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Stay Awake!

Not very original, originaljoe.

move along

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re:

6 colors on Olive.

I "ate bits" of bacon, Every day!
Thanks for looking,
BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

Re: Bacon bits

8 strips of bacon bits EVERYDAY!
I like mines deep fried!

VersionII: For those that didn't like the "Ate bit" humour. Pick your favorite or vote for both.

Thanks for looking,
BlindDog3D

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Super Effective

"Super Effective"

I feed my cat everyday and they make sure I know they are hungry. Soooo very hungry, for food, always the food. Let me sleep kitty. Sleeeeppppp. Arrrghhh.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

Really awesome coloring. Impressive!

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich

This is so true at my house. You get my vote.

scruz78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scruz78
Re: BreakfastQuest

Genius.

blinddog3d

Re: Bacon bits

I built these like Tetris, 2 keep with the theme of the low-rez, mundane derby... But there's always bacon!

Thanks for looking, here's a better look.
BlindDog3D

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Rush Hour Rampage

Rush hour wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for all the !d!0ts on the road. Ever wonder what it must be like to be the absent minded bimbo in the giant suburban, the d.bag making deals on his cell phone as he cuts you off in his sports car, or that stoner pizza deliver kid in the subcompact that's held together with duct tape and coat hanger wires? Wonder no more! Rush Hour Rampage let's you play as one of these three annoying drivers. Get to your destination as fast as you can without running out of fuel or crashing and burning, but beware the Rage-O-Meter!

6 colors on Royal Blue

I did the original art for this at 320x240 the native resolution of the original NES and then scaled it 15x for the 300 dpi print file. The thumbnail picture is 100% native resolution.

Enjoy!

gtej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtej
pharmacide wrote:Dude, who wouldn't get it? I'm sure even younger people have played this on emulators.

By the way, anybody remember where you have to bomb to get the syrup?

I don't know about bombing, but once you get the power bracelet, you can open the fridge.

blinddog3d

Re: Morning Love

I love this! It looks like me in the mornings.
V+1
BlindDog

yakimikku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakimikku
phantom09 wrote:This is amazing. I am in love.

hahaha, thank you!!! :D

zsinix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zsinix

I'm assuming the player is about to loose points (since fish bones are compostable)?

benmerva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benmerva
mattlussier wrote:how could anyone see a BLT and NOT click "I'D WANT ONE"

Reminds me of a shirt I have seen,

pearlysepta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pearlysepta

The kitty's facial expression is spot on for annoying whine. GMV!

Lorena Newsome

scarletyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarletyoshi
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Not sure what it says that, despite the pixel entries, that I knew this one was yours. Guess I'm just tired of coffee power-up/battery shirts...That being said, I prefer your other design over this one, among the two.

This is clearly a ramyb. I can tell from the pixels and from having seen quite a few ramyb's in my time.

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
benmerva wrote:Reminds me of a shirt I have seen,

crap... i googled: "blt shirt" and clicked through several pages deciding i had an original idea.

where/how did you find the shirt? (clicking the picture didn't show me were to buy it?)

i'm never as original as i think i am...

wordwitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wordwitch
I laughed so hard when I saw this shirt. Sadly, most people probably don't understand the epic hilarity that is Eddie Izzard. Life Choices

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel

I like it.

But, how is this within the rules?

At least it actually looks 8-bit, but it's clearly zelda. I thought that was the point of all those no game special rules.

jhernz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhernz
Re: 8-Bit Workout Cheat

Get that workout going!

jhernz

blinddog3d wrote:Really cute, but it looks more like a kitty.

I went for a young fox (i guess it may look like a kitty?)and searched what a baby fox is called and Kit, Cub and Pup were the common names. I chose PUP since there are plenty of kitty entries.

jcflman

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jcflman
Ryfiel wrote:I like it.

But, how is this within the rules?

At least it actually looks 8-bit, but it's clearly zelda. I thought that was the point of all those no game special rules.

It's referencing Zelda but there's no actual characters, art or text from the game in the design. It's quite clever & funny. Hope it prints.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: Rush Hour Rampage

Living in SoCal, no, I really don't want to see how it's like to be like any of those three. I definitely deal with enough of them already. I most despise Tailgating Tommy, especially in my daily driver (in which the 0-60 time is measured on a sundial).

BTW, Nutcase Narf must be a glutton for punishment, as both the daily driver and weekend wagon are stick shift. GMV.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: How About a Nice Game of Chess?

I never realized how much I truly failed as a parent until a child of mine had to ask me to explain this to them.

lyonscc

Re: Pants: Optional

I thought this one up while riding back up into the mountains tonight. I got the idea when I overheard someone in the restaurant tonight exclaim into her cell phone "Honey, pants are not optional there..."

It was way too much fun.

StrayNostalgia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia
yakimikku wrote:Thank you all for the comments!!

It has to do with cooking. The idea was that you were in the kitchen collecting ingredients for cooking. Didn't know how to emphasize that while staying true to the pokemon battle screen style.

If it gets rejected for being off-topic, I can try to push the cooking more as novastarj suggests--thanks!

Seriously doubt this will be marked as off-topic. The original games were kinda famous for maintaining the same 8-bit style battle graphics, and this mimics that interface quite well. Half of the other entries so far are just pixelated versions of random objects, so this seems safe.

By the way, this design is awesome and I'd buy myself the tee in a heartbeat. I hear the crappy MIDI tracks by just looking at this shirt, and that's a good feeling!

blinddog3d

Re: Better Keep It Cold...

I think a label like, "8-bit Beer" or "El Ocho" would've set this off. It'a gr8 design and I love the colours. Beer & Bacon always get my vote.

+1
BDog3D

Narfcake

Re: Life Choices

Every time I'm at Winco, I do ask myself ... do I buy some healthy bagels from the bakery, or that scrumptious chocolate cake that they put right next to the bagel bins?

Of course, the reality is that it's not so much cake or death, but cake AND death. Nonetheless, GMV. It has cake. ^_^

StrayNostalgia

megadlucks wrote:Sort of looks like a sombrero.

I'd pay someone $10 if they could help me unsee that -_-

Anyway, this is neat. Love the color selection, love the subtle pixelation, love the two options, etc etc. GMV!!!

Narfcake

Re: Slacker Quest

Can't help but to see the laundry "monster" has a pair of shorts for a tongue.

GMV, BTW.

lyonscc

Re: game over

+1

If it wasn't so sad, I'd laugh a lot more.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: 8-Bit is Dead

Waaaaay Dead!
Thanks for Viewing. Please Vote.

jhernz

racking up votes at a good pace!

tripperfunster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tripperfunster
Re: Dropping The Kids Off At The Pool

As I'm new here, could someone tell me why i was rejected? "Nope" isn't a particularly helpful reason.

Was it the humour (or lack therof)? Or the botched submission t-shirt thing?

thanks in advance.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
Re: IT's A TRAP!!!

Where's the "jump out window" option? It'd be a quicker and less painful that way then actually trying to answer correctly.

dbains2k9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbains2k9
cjleines wrote:Here is a resub of this design. I made it more 8-bitty. Hope you like it more.

I like it, but would feel awkward if a literate homeless person saw me wearing it.

StrayNostalgia

Re: WHAT. DO. YOU. DO?

If I was more gutsy, I'd wear this while grocery shopping to creep out the cashier, heheh

StrayNostalgia

Re: Afternoon stroll through the park

The different pixel sizing is waaaay too obvious for me to fall in love with the fwuffy, cutesy bunny (thereby voting without a second thought).