mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Re: WORK WARP RESUB

i changed the pipe textures and widened the top of the pipe to be more different than the game. i changed some wording to be less like the game and played with the spacing to be less like the game... *crosses fingers*

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Super Office Worker

Who knew Mario looked so at home in a blue suit and tie.

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
chunkydesign wrote:@ nblottie - thanks for your comment, but this clearly ain´t the derby for me, since both my entries have such a low score...

Voters are philistines. Unless they're voting for you, in which case they become connoisseurs of excellent taste.

gement

blinddog3d wrote:When you do a joke that obscure, you might want to notate where it originates from. There are only 21,568,152,234 video games out there I can only play so many.

That "obscure" joke pretty much wallpapered the Internet for several years.

I don't think you'd have gotten jumped on to the same degree if the rest of your critique had been less random, or not followed by "just kidding." Kicking a rejected entry when it's down is considered poor form.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
gement wrote:That "obscure" joke pretty much wallpapered the Internet for several years.

I don't think you'd have gotten jumped on to the same degree if the rest of your critique had been less random, or not followed by "just kidding." Kicking a rejected entry when it's down is considered poor form.

In most cases.

Nothing follows.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Super Effective

Love this design. The cat's expression is priceless, I so hope it prints (and I could really use more shirts that are not brown or gray)!

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Re: WORK WARP

and the RESUB is reoffered to the rejectionator...
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=55760

drpidude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drpidude
Re: >You see no lantern here!

Shoot, I guess I misunderstood the derby. Oh well, I'll try again next time.

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks

I want one of these, and so I re-voted for it. But realistically, I think it's gonna get rejected again. I don't think the issue is that the graphic elements you used were identical to the ones in the real game. I think Woot just didn't like that the whole thing was recognizable as a specific scene from a specific game.

I could be wrong, and I'd love to see this print.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
piratepenny wrote:not sure if this is what the goal was, but im reminded of this toy from childhood:

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llbofsVrNE1qbat72o1_500.jpg

That is a pretty sweet looking toy, but unfortunately it's just a coincidence.

cdrewlow

chunkydesign wrote:@ nblottie - thanks for your comment, but this clearly ain´t the derby for me, since both my entries have such a low score...

This may not be your derby, but it's still a cool shirt.

cdrewlow

blinddog3d wrote:I don't get it, the clock? Using a microwave oven for a clock? Is that the joke?
..............?
BLINDdog3D

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: CREATE

This is awesome. GMV

joselyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joselyn
panel wrote:Good eye, King and queen are reversed

Yup, queen goes on her own color.
And the lower right corner for each player needs to be white

ohaisup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohaisup
Re: Stage Select

I wonder what would be the best order the fight them would be in haha

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Creating Pixels is Mundane a Labor ofLuv!!!

Righteous!
HaHaHaaaa!

Awesomely funny!
V+1
B-Dog

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah

OK I kept thinking about things being mundane and it came to me that creating Pixels was as Mundane as it gets.

Hence this entry.

J

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: MowMan

Nice take on the theme,

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
aninoag wrote:Nice fish! I love the design!
It might look a bit more natural if the bubbles were of varying sizes.

But hey, works well as it is.

Thanks and that is a good idea!

jenihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jenihana
Re: Super Effective

This is my cat every morning at breakfast time. It is super effective. I want to wear this shirt and meow at my cat :3

gement

HA! Okay, you got me with this one. But then I was always a fan of the self-writing Escher hands.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: I <3 taco

I'd be selected on Love Taco... that sounds weird. Anyways, great shirt design!

drpidude

Re: Hip Knitter

I don't understand, what makes the hat "Ironic?"

gement

ccazabon wrote:There are a group of 8-bit designs. The best one in the fog (as far as closest
to theme) is the book one. "Tunes Pup" is also a pretty nice Gameboy-style design.

Otherwise, yea it's a bit annoying

Out of curiosity, people with more technical history than me, what screen resolutions do you associate with 8-bit? Specifically, what's the largest screen resolution that you would consider correct?

Since the Derby masters didn't specify, I was a process-oriented freak and looked up the screen width of an Apple IIe. But I don't know if True 8-Bit Fans think that counts.

heyjoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie
Re: Cat Decoy

This is so freakin' cute. Love that it's on a green shirt, and as other commenters have said, the wonky eyes absolutely make it. GMV.

gement

drpidude wrote:I don't understand, what makes the hat "Ironic?"

"Irony," as abused by hipsters, encompasses liking things because they are unlikeable. This often results in wearing phenomenally ugly pieces of clothing because they look more individual, and thus paradoxically cool.

This particular hat is a piece of geek hipster fashion first seen on Firefly, where a character was sent a horrible homemade hat by his mother. People are now lovingly reproducing it in all its burnt-orange earflapped glory, then wearing it in a sincere but postmodern fashion.

kristina1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristina1225
Re: Super Shower Steam

That's at least 2 out of 4 submissions this week that have been stolen from the work of others, surely you can't think we are that dumb...

dvaguru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvaguru
Re: Everyday Wonder (resub)

I might leave out the basket and do a closeup of your baby looking in and the reflection on the glass would show "eyes of wonder."

gement

drpidude wrote:I don't understand, what makes the hat "Ironic?"

Or, in the words of the show, "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."

andreasz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andreasz
nblottie wrote:I'd be selected on Love Taco... that sounds weird. Anyways, great shirt design!

thanks (: I love your shirt I hope it prints! i know a bunch of people that'd rip'em off the shelves

gement

unionboggle wrote:fine. i'll take my ball and go home.

I can see how getting all four entries rejected on your first try would be pretty frustrating. Let's go back to square one. Read the rules, which apply to every derby.

Don't use other people's work. Don't trace from photos or other pictures. It's called plagiarism, it's intellectual property theft, and it's illegal to sell it. All four of your entries seem to have done this, and it's the one big rule.

There's politics on the derby about this, as you may have already seen. There are questions about variable enforcement. I'd personally like to see a minimum one-month ban from the derby for demonstrable photo or clip art plagiarism to discourage people from gambling on not getting caught.

But yours were, for better or worse, all really obvious, and you got caught. If you didn't know the rule, you do now. Tracing is theft. Please don't. Thanks!

ahamling27

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ahamling27

This has gotta get printed. I don't care if it's 3rd place, I will totally buy 3. EPIC WIN!

drpidude

gement wrote:Or, in the words of the show, "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up, I can't believe I didn't make the connection, I love that show!

endeszbet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages endeszbet
Re: Cat Decoy

I have four cats. 'Nuff said. :D The "use incredibly odd objects to solve puzzle" aspect kinda reminds me of the old Monkey Island videogames. Or Minecraft. Both of which are pixel-tastic! Cute and funny shirt <3

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake

I'd love to see this in print. I like the way the idea was executed and how the image fades out into the shirt. Got my vote.

mymovinman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mymovinman
sittle wrote:So besides the weak sauce concept, the shadows are all jacked up.

The light source appears to be above the head and between the viewer and the rabbit while the shadow on the ground reflects a light source behind the rabbit.

Don't even get me started on the inconsistency between the shadows on the rabbits body and it's head.

The lack of attention to simple details is spectacularly incredible. I would think the "fans" of Ramyb should be ashamed of this work, it's substandard even by the usual standards.

Are you F'n serious!!LOL!!

elmosuperman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmosuperman
Re: BreakfastQuest

Very Clever, and it even looks good on a shirt. Something I think others don't consider.

endeszbet

Re: Duh Nuh NuhNAAAAA!

Why do people keep hiding my keys in dangerous dungeons?

endeszbet

Re: Loading Laundry...

I'd think that was The Fonz, but that's not a jukebox...I'm confused.

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
gement wrote:HA! Okay, you got me with this one. But then I was always a fan of the self-writing Escher hands.

Thank you now I will post a modified Submission with self pixelating Esher Hands.