gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
Re: Hip Knitter

Fair warning, hip knitters of the world. Woot does screen printing in six custom colors, which is INSANE. Going elsewhere will either be very expensive or done in CMYK dot-printing (like books) which isn't nearly as vivid, especially on dark shirts.

I'm going to be doing a lot of reading, but if someone can point me to prior threads and resources narrowing down my options, I'd appreciate it.

That or Woot could come by on a white horse and carry my design off to its castle for printing. *sigh*

gement

Re: POLITICALPONG

It's going to keep driving me nuts if I don't say this out loud. Doesn't Political Pong with a picture of a traditional Pong field, only changing the shape of the puck to put a label on it, remind anyone of an existing game called Pong?

I'm really trying not to be one of those "Everything should be disqualified unless it's totally perfectly in my magic definition of the theme" people, but I just keep staring at this and trying to understand why it was let through.

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: read a book!

Fantastic concept!!!

JRSly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRSly
halcyonights wrote:...

Thanks very much for the extended critique and suggestions, I really appreciate that as someone just starting out...great to hear what people are thinking specifically, what they like and what might be keeping them from voting.

I must admit, though it might be obvious, that I've never been much of an RPG gamer so I mostly 'winged it' so I could get it submitted ASAP...but a little bit more research and thought probably would've served me better. I really like the 'Make Excuse' option...shoulda thought of that.

dijay

Re: BreakfastQuest

Great!!!

gement

kevinnn wrote:This is really good, I wish I knew how to vote lol... I'm a newbie

Kevinnn, the entrance bar for voting is buying something from any Woot site. If you see an existing t-shirt you like, once you've bought it you can jump in the pool! You can submit designs without having bought anything, though.

Re: The Perfect Moment

Fingers crossed for the Awkward Moment! This is my insta-buy for the Derby.

dijay

Re: Life Choices

Hahaha.+1

gement

JRSly wrote:I must admit, though it might be obvious, that I've never been much of an RPG gamer so I mostly 'winged it' so I could get it submitted ASAP...but a little bit more research and thought probably would've served me better.

It wasn't obvious to me! I thought you were one of those people who got to play the games as a kid instead of getting scraps of them as an adult like I did.

racereece

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racereece
Re: Life Choices

This shirt must win!

dijay

Re: Morning Powerup

Very true+1

dijay

dijay

Re: Insomnia

Great work ;)

dijay

Re: COMBO!

Great concept!!!

dijay

dijay

Re: Extra Sprinkles!

Great and delicious!!!

spamspamspamspam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spamspamspamspam
Re: Afternoon stroll through the park

I simply want this derby to end so I can order this shirt.

That rabbit's dynamite!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: CREATE

game program is a registered yrademark, this might be iffy?

Love the colors!
V+1
BD3D

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
jnorah wrote:Mmmmmmmmmm Bacon! Cool very clean. I really like this design 8bit Bacon. Really good use of patterns within your design I remember them from illustrator 3.0 Man I am dating myself. LOL Did you Use old illustrator for this?

+1
jnorah

Illustrator v7. I cut and pasted each 8 pixel square of color on a "snap-to" grid with 1 pixel black frame around eack square. It took forever, but I like how it turned out.

BTW:
No copyrights were harmed in the making of this image.

Thanks, J-No, love all 3 of your entries, this time, Happy Anniversary, dude!
brUno

lilygrapetree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilygrapetree
phineus wrote:The design you tried to link to is inspired by the wonderful Eddie Izzard and is totally in keeping with the 8-bit theme. It's not necessarily "everyday" but it's not a huge stretch. I don't even know what this is. Portal reference blending into death reference? And it's patriotic? I think "huh?" summed it up pretty well.

I assume your ignorance (willful or otherwise) is not the basis upon which rejections are made?

toastedsheep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toastedsheep

#$%@! I saw this too late. I'm bummed I can't vote for it as the design reminds me of a last ditch tactic I've employed in those types of games. However, I see it's in the fog. Here's truly hoping your design wins!

gement

lilygrapetree wrote:I assume your ignorance (willful or otherwise) is not the basis upon which rejections are made?

Lily, I'm sorry, but I have no idea better than has already been described, and I like to think myself pop culture literate. It went over our heads completely, which makes it not generally accessible.

Could you please explain the joke?

bughouseloco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bughouseloco
Re: read a book!

better turn those high beams on cuz boy, you foggy!

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake
Re: Cat Decoy

I think the placement is a little odd, though. I wish the design was a little lower, or else bigger and stacked vertically...so there wouldn't be so much empty green shirt left over.

kmeerkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmeerkat
joselyn wrote:Resub with the board set up correctly and I'll vote for it!

Seconded!!

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
straightshooter wrote:If this wins, I'm gonna throw up.

How sad that a simple shirt so adversely affects your life.

kailey555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kailey555

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

kailey555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kailey555

Lol!

TwentyCarlo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TwentyCarlo
DianaSprinkle wrote:LOL, YES! I usually have enough for at least an extra kitten. I got one of those Furminator brushes awhile ago and I'm always surprised how much fur it takes off.

Yes, yes, yes! I got my Fruminator a couple months ago and it's so awesome -- there's way less fur on the couch, every time I brush the cat, I get big handfuls and start to wonder how long it would take to have enough to knit a sweater. (haha)

And I want this shirt!!!

arek920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arek920

With Ramy entering derbies, what is the point of even trying? Just give him the job of making a shirt a week and get him off of being able to enter. His stuff destroys everything, even when they aren't even related to the theme like this shirt.

arek920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arek920
arek920 wrote:With Ramy entering derbies, what is the point of even trying? Just give him the job of making a shirt a week and get him off of being able to enter. His stuff destroys everything, even when they aren't even related to the theme like this shirt.

*destroys everything in votes, not always in quality*

an elaboration on what i meant

Oxyminoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oxyminoan
DoublEE wrote:How sad that a simple shirt so adversely affects your life.

I'd have the same reaction.

However, I think it has more to do with the realization that a place that was once full of great and creative artwork is now nothing but the same cutesy animal and pun shirts every week that appeal to nothing but (mod note: "things I, the writer disagree with and the mods considered trolling")

That's the power of democracy, I suppose.

wren1024

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wren1024

If this shirt doesn't print, PLEASE throw it up on redbubble.com - I NEED this!

mrbarister

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mrbarister

Of course bacon works on cat. Bacon works well with any meat!

jaywa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaywa

This is the first time I've ever commented on a shirt.

I love it.

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel
gement wrote:Out of curiosity, people with more technical history than me, what screen resolutions do you associate with 8-bit? Specifically, what's the largest screen resolution that you would consider correct?

Since the Derby masters didn't specify, I was a process-oriented freak and looked up the screen width of an Apple IIe. But I don't know if True 8-Bit Fans think that counts.

This is so late to the game that it isn't helpful at all. But when you say 8-bit graphics that instantly means consoles. Which in turn instantly means NES games. So I don't know what resolution those would have. But it wouldn't be hard to look at the zelda's and mario's and duck hunt's of that console to get a good idea. Also, just because things as good looking as kirby were on it doesn't mean that look is what comes to mind when 8-bit is said, it's generally the older ones.

labirdie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages labirdie

haha this is such a win

odin1258

quality posts: 0 Private Messages odin1258

This made my day, I absolutely love it.

Loki61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Loki61
Re: The Perfect Moment

But why is the sunset upside down?

fenrirsknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fenrirsknight
gement wrote:Let us know if you decide to print it elsewhere, eh?

if anyone still follows this, any suggestions on improvements and maybe i will try and get it made elsewhere?

Creeper1313

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Creeper1313
Re: Mmmmmmmmm Nachos!

I like it. Reminds me of the happy toast in the "Move your Feet" video.