jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
KtCallista wrote:Yeah, we'll see, tomorrow is Sunday and that blasted Monday is always right on it's heels, makes the whole day just that extra bit more depressing.

LP

KtC sad to hear you are still struggling. I have started changing all my light bulbs for LED 5,000 K lightbulbs. They make it soooo much brighter it really helps!

Saw a post earlier where you can't go out in the sun - is that due to your eyes? If so I have some grey sunglasses that block out all but either 13% or 4% of visible light if that would help. I would be happy to ship them to you as I am not using them now. They won't fit over my bioptic.

Edit Last Post
It's a shame how quickly one's brain turns to mush when one catches a bug. Looks like I'm doing my usual - being sick in December. Its one way to lose weight, but not one I'd recommend.

Edit 2.
I get to do a picture, I get to do a picture!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
jawsuser wrote:KtC sad to hear you are still struggling. I have started changing all my light bulbs for LED 5,000 K lightbulbs. They make it soooo much brighter it really helps!

Saw a post earlier where you can't go out in the sun - is that due to your eyes? If so I have some grey sunglasses that block out all but either 13% or 4% of visible light if that would help. I would be happy to ship them to you as I am not using them now. They won't fit over my bioptic.

Edit Last Post
It's a shame how quickly one's brain turns to mush when one catches a bug. Looks like I'm doing my usual - being sick in December. Its one way to lose weight, but not one I'd recommend.

Edit 2.
I get to do a picture, I get to do a picture!!!

My eyes seem to be a large part of the sun issue, but general skin exposure is tough too. I have some sun glasses that I love and I've been trying to find a second pair because I actually lost my sun glasses (they fit over my bifocals) swimming at the amusement park, thankfully the girl working the slide went and found them so I didn't have to wait the hour or so it normally takes for them to get to the side of the pool. (I bought an ugly floating strap after that).

I do get rashes on the extreme skin exposure, not hives like some people get, but still not pleasant. I've been lucky if there is good tree cover I don't have many problems, don't find a lot of that in town though.

I have full spectrum incandescent (I can see the flicker rate on fluorescent - migraine trigger), I've been wanting to replace them with the LED, I'm glad they work so well for you... I'll have to start buying them. I need to have an electrician come check some of my wiring though, some of my lights burn out way too fast.

LP

Beware the V'owls screech!

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:

I have full spectrum incandescent (I can see the flicker rate on fluorescent - migraine trigger), I've been wanting to replace them with the LED, I'm glad they work so well for you... I'll have to start buying them. I need to have an electrician come check some of my wiring though, some of my lights burn out way too fast.

LP

Wiring can be lots of fun. We finally got ours rewired a few years ago. It wasn't a big problem for dad, but a house originally wired in the 30's and computers don't mix.

Fluorescent are the worse thing for anyone with eye problems. That is why I usually wear a hat when I go out - way too many of them and I don't like the headaches try give me.

LP

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
jawsuser wrote:Wiring can be lots of fun. We finally got ours rewired a few years ago. It wasn't a big problem for dad, but a house originally wired in the 30's and computers don't mix.

Fluorescent are the worse thing for anyone with eye problems. That is why I usually wear a hat when I go out - way too many of them and I don't like the headaches try give me.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Wiring can be lots of fun. We finally got ours rewired a few years ago. It wasn't a big problem for dad, but a house originally wired in the 30's and computers don't mix.

LP

Yeah, We added one light and replaced another light on one circuit, but it's the largest circuit in the house and it's the circuit that all the computers are on as well. I fear it's just a bit too much. 50% of the house is on the one circuit, the other 50% is on three other circuits with all the major appliances on their own separate ones as well. I think the big circuit could do with being split into two, but I'm not sure how hard that would be.

Last Post

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Last

really really don't want to work today

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Last

really really don't want to work today

I really really don't want to do a Tuesday with a PAT meeting... I think we should just skip Tuesdays from now on.

Last Post

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:I really really don't want to do a Tuesday with a PAT meeting... I think we should just skip Tuesdays from now on.

Last Post

Don't know what a PAT meeting is but am all for skipping This Tuesday. Next Tuesday is my birthday and then two weeks after that is Christmas. I know my dad would happily skip that Tuesday!

Last Post

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Don't know what a PAT meeting is but am all for skipping This Tuesday. Next Tuesday is my birthday and then two weeks after that is Christmas. I know my dad would happily skip that Tuesday!

Last Post

Parent Action Team.... our version of PTA or whatever. It wasn't that bad, and my son did alright.

Last Post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Parent Action Team.... our version of PTA or whatever. It wasn't that bad, and my son did alright.

Last Post

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:LP

Last I might be employable after all Post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Last I might be employable after all Post

I hope so!

A friend of mine owns a business making, among other things, Bacon-flavored lip balm!

Bacon Lip Balm

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I hope so!

A friend of mine owns a business making, among other things, Bacon-flavored lip balm!

Bacon Lip Balm

LP

Wow, ummm, wow!

I don't know if you saw, but I posted a link to my short story over in PWA. Oh and I was offered the 4H robotics job, so I'm going to meet with them tomorrow to make sure it's going to work with my life. I hope it will.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Wow, ummm, wow!

I don't know if you saw, but I posted a link to my short story over in PWA. Oh and I was offered the 4H robotics job, so I'm going to meet with them tomorrow to make sure it's going to work with my life. I hope it will.

LP

Congrats n the LEGO job. I sometimes think of moving to a city and trying to find work after dad dies. I just don't know if the breathing can handle the smells.

I was written up on both of the last two jobs I had for missing work, usually due to bronchitis. I always went to work when I only had sinusitis. But don't have to decide right now.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Wow, ummm, wow!

Oh and I was offered the 4H robotics job, so I'm going to meet with them tomorrow to make sure it's going to work with my life. I hope it will.

LP

Congrats! I hope it works out for you.

Last Post

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Congrats n the LEGO job. I sometimes think of moving to a city and trying to find work after dad dies. I just don't know if the breathing can handle the smells.

I was written up on both of the last two jobs I had for missing work, usually due to bronchitis. I always went to work when I only had sinusitis. But don't have to decide right now.

LP

I hear ya. I have three jobs now, mostly because I choose not to live in a city.

LP

lplady

Congrats on the new job!

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Congrats on the new job!

lp

Thanks! I think I'll really like it, it's a program I've wanted to get involved with.

LP

jawsuser

Okay, couldn't pass up the bake ware and Corelle dishes. I've been soooo good for soooo long. Just spent my birthday money. Last Post.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Okay, couldn't pass up the bake ware and Corelle dishes. I've been soooo good for soooo long. Just spent my birthday money. Last Post.

You have birthday money already? Lucky girl!

Last Post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:You have birthday money already? Lucky girl!

Last Post

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:LP

I guess I better get making birthday cookies for Ver1 to take to school on Tuesday.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:I guess I better get making birthday cookies for Ver1 to take to school on Tuesday.

LP

Mmmm...cookies.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Mmmm...cookies.

LP

yeah, I still need to do those, I guess I'll do them tomorrow when I bake the cake.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:yeah, I still need to do those, I guess I'll do them tomorrow when I bake the cake.

LP

Both cookies and cake sound good. I put the stuff on my card and will pay it off with my birthday money..

LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Both cookies and cake sound good. I put the stuff on my card and will pay it off with my birthday money..

LP

Is it too early to say Happy Birthday?

LP

chadwsmith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chadwsmith

I win!

Read my blog or, you know, don't. It's up to you.

KtCallista

chadwsmith wrote:I win!

No you don't, you didn't say Last Post!

Last Post

lplady

jawsuser wrote:Both cookies and cake sound good.

LP

Then you should have a cookie cake!

last post

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Then you should have a cookie cake!

last post

Oh, I'm glad I said happy birthday when I did. This is the first time I've been on my laptop all day!

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Oh, I'm glad I said happy birthday when I did. This is the first time I've been on my laptop all day!

LP

I'm late. Happy birthday, jawsuser!

Last Post

jawsuser

GodfatherND wrote:I'm late. Happy birthday, jawsuser!

Last Post

Thanks Godfather. I decided to sleep through my birthday. Too many goodbyes in my life right now that aren't good.

Doing better now anyway. My dad is still set on moving. At least for now. He was talking about putting a hut up on the other property. Now he says we need to move to Tucson and try it for a year to see how he does. I guess he has decided that the doctors are totally wrong and he won't die anytime soon. We go see the VA doctor Monday. Dad has agreed to ask the doctor for testing to see where the cancer is, if it even still exists.

And dad explained that my step brother was pressuring him and that is why he told step brother he would move away from me. Thankfully now that he is home he is realizing that would be foolish. I just wish he wasn't so set on moving out of his home. (I NEVER thought I'd be the one encouraging us to stay in Florida in the boonies.)

Hope to get my Christmas cards out tomorrow. Got Nephew's birthday cards out. He turns 14 on Sunday.

LP

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:Thanks Godfather. I decided to sleep through my birthday. Too many goodbyes in my life right now that aren't good.

Doing better now anyway. My dad is still set on moving. At least for now. He was talking about putting a hut up on the other property. Now he says we need to move to Tucson and try it for a year to see how he does. I guess he has decided that the doctors are totally wrong and he won't die anytime soon. We go see the VA doctor Monday. Dad has agreed to ask the doctor for testing to see where the cancer is, if it even still exists.

And dad explained that my step brother was pressuring him and that is why he told step brother he would move away from me. Thankfully now that he is home he is realizing that would be foolish. I just wish he wasn't so set on moving out of his home. (I NEVER thought I'd be the one encouraging us to stay in Florida in the boonies.)

Hope to get my Christmas cards out tomorrow. Got Nephew's birthday cards out. He turns 14 on Sunday.

LP

I hope your father realizes that moving is not the answer. Hang in there!

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I hope your father realizes that moving is not the answer. Hang in there!

LP

I agree with Godfather. I need to do my Christmas cards today. I think I'm going to skip the letter.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:I agree with Godfather. I need to do my Christmas cards today. I think I'm going to skip the letter.

LP

I agree with Godfather also!
Thanks to KtC, lplady and Godfather for the birthday wishes and cute pictures.

I should do something tomorrow. Went to VA with dad today. Total waste of time. I understand why he doesn't want to go to doctors anymore!

LP

Edit: haven't done any Christmas cards, decorating, etc. Did go to church program last night. Was wonderful.

lplady

KtCallista wrote:I agree with Godfather. I need to do my Christmas cards today. I think I'm going to skip the letter.

LP

I agree too. Sending positive thoughts your way. Hopefully your dad will change his mind as quickly as it seems he made it up after visiting with his son. ((HUGS))

lp

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:I agree with Godfather also!
Thanks to KtC, lplady and Godfather for the birthday wishes and cute pictures.

I should do something tomorrow. Went to VA with dad today. Total waste of time. I understand why he doesn't want to go to doctors anymore!

LP

Edit: haven't done any Christmas cards, decorating, etc. Did go to church program last night. Was wonderful.

I'm sorry the doctors visit was useless.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:I'm sorry the doctors visit was useless.

LP

Today is my hero's 88th birthday. I called Dad and wished him a happy one. I'm planning on visiting him in the spring. Since I live in North Dakota, spring could be April or May.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Today is my hero's 88th birthday. I called Dad and wished him a happy one. I'm planning on visiting him in the spring. Since I live in North Dakota, spring could be April or May.

LP

Happy Birthday to your Dad! I hope you can arrange a nice springtime visit.

If it's springtime in the Rockies (yeah I know you're a little further East, but...)
It's probably May or June
If you're coming back in April
You're coming back too soon!

With the snow caps high around you
and the chapstick on your mouth
If you like your spring in April
You better head down South!

LP

KtCallista

Merry Christmas to all of my dear friends here in Last Post

Even those of you who don't celebrate, please know I appreciate you every day.

LP