WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

You can tell by the way we're panting with our tongues out that the dog days of summer are here. This isn't about Romans fearing the dog star Sirius, though. We want to see your best dog-centric designs! Show us your favorite aspects of man's best friend: undying loyalty, bravery, playfulness, hatred of squirrels, or just the beautiful lack of judgment for the noises and smells you make in your home. Now for the rules:

• No hot dogs.
  • No text.
  • Your design must be dog-centric. Sure, you can have other stuff, but at least one dog better be the star of the show.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Wow. This theme might actually inspire me. Hmmmm. My dog has WAY too much attitude - should make for good fodder for ideas.

shaggster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaggster

Oh No! there is going to be to much cuteness this derby .

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle

i'm thinking there are gonna be lots of cat chasing submissions

"taste the beast"

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

YEAH - my wife will want all three! I'll throw this out - we have a three-legged dog and wouldn't mind to see them repped AND let's have mutts [unless you're making fun of purebreds ].

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Ah now this will interesting. I need to draw more dogs. YAY dogs. It's too bad my other dog designs are out at other sites right at the moment.

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle
grahamcrackercoyote wrote:YEAH - my wife will want all three! I'll throw this out - we have a three-legged dog and wouldn't mind to see them repped AND let's have mutts [unless you're making fun of purebreds ].

pure breads = forced incest. very awkward

"taste the beast"

dylia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dylia

Perfect! My bloodhound makes for great source material, & my basset hound/vizsla mix is pretty much the platypus of the dog world.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

Do corn dogs count as hot dogs?

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

I'm already sensing another 3-for-3 weekend ...

I linked this in Collin's submission for #212, but it's a story of canine companionship that didn't end, even though the owner's did. Keep some tissue handy.

Searching for home, the story of Kirby the dog

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Definitely not a dog person. Woot must know I'm hurting for funds lately ... thanks for saving me some $ again next weekend!

paigeg

OK, first idea to mind (don't shoot me for the pop culture riff): Men playing poker. Four cartoon dudes (the more burly-stereotypical the better) playing poker, and the 'chips' are little boutique dogs. You know: a teacup chihuahua, a yorkie with a bow, a pug, etc.
Thoughts? Sucks? Doesn't suck?
If the latter, anyone free to work with me on it?

paigeg

/sorry - itchy trigger-finger.

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo

Just an idea, a rough draft, of something I was playing around with some time ago.
Not sure if it will fly though for the theme and other reasons; ideas, suggestions?

Its tentatively, simply, called "chasing cars"

bellisperennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellisperennis

Corgis, please!

bellisperennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellisperennis
omnitarian wrote:Do corn dogs count as hot dogs?

Do dogs dressed in hot dog costumes count as hot dogs?

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
bellisperennis wrote:Do dogs dressed in hot dog costumes count as hot dogs?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Coolio. I have a dog design I've been wanting to draw for ages. Looks like today's the day. :^)

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Two ideas:

1. Dog playing online poker

One of the dogs from the famous painting is reclining back in a chair, playing online poker and smoking a cigar.

2. Do you like my hat?

A realistic rendition of the final scene from Go Dog Go, in which the poodle is wearing a crazy hat and the other male dog finally likes it.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie

Does it have to be humorous? Can you do a plea to support animal shelters and rescues?

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie

Probably going to do a "Dog the Bounty Hunter" with a dog dressed in a Boba Fett suit with a tennis ball lasso instead of his normal lasso. I'll try and post a sketch later.

Wondering if I should have a dog frozen in carbonite behind him??

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
nblottie wrote:Probably going to do a "Dog the Bounty Hunter" with a dog dressed in a Boba Fett suit with a tennis ball lasso instead of his normal lasso. I'll try and post a sketch later.

Well, think I'll stop drawing that idea now.

bonkers4disney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonkers4disney
rglee129 wrote:Two ideas:

1. Dog playing online poker

One of the dogs from the famous painting is reclining back in a chair, playing online poker and smoking a cigar.

2. Do you like my hat?

A realistic rendition of the final scene from Go Dog Go, in which the poodle is wearing a crazy hat and the other male dog finally likes it.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Love the Go Dog Go! My kids have to read that book at least once a day!

nblottie

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Well, think I'll stop drawing that idea now.

There's always room for more than one Boba.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
nblottie wrote:There's always room for more than one Boba.

You run with it. Everyone would vote for yours anyway. I'll just go take a nap or something. :D

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc

What about a balloon dog vs. an origami cat?

paigeg

Teripie wrote:Does it have to be humorous? Can you do a plea to support animal shelters and rescues?

Absolutely, if you can manage it without text.

paigeg

lyonscc wrote:

Cute! Run with it...

paigeg

Can't bear to watch that sad doggie newslcip again. So, I'll see your sad dog, and raise you this little dude.

phineus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phineus
nblottie wrote:Probably going to do a "Dog the Bounty Hunter" with a dog dressed in a Boba Fett suit with a tennis ball lasso instead of his normal lasso. I'll try and post a sketch later.

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Well, think I'll stop drawing that idea now.

Wow, I also had this same exact idea (minus the lasso bit). Glad I decided to go another route then, even though I'm sure you'll get masses of votes.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan

I am trying to decide weather to put a little boy under the tree or another dog... Please tell me what you think!

triatomico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages triatomico

2. Do you like my hat?

Better yet: a version of the Dog Party from that same magnificent book!

nblottie

Here we go, this is something like what I was thinking. Still not sure about the carbonite han solo dog... hmmm.

shikausstan

nblottie wrote:Here we go, this is something like what I was thinking. Still not sure about the carbonite han solo dog... hmmm.

I have to admit that sketch looks pretty cool!

MacTheHero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MacTheHero

just dogs or any canine such as wolves, jackals, and coyotes?

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

MacTheHero wrote:just dogs or any canine such as wolves, jackals, and coyotes?

Just dogs please. You can theoretically feature the others in some way, but as the rules state, dogs should be the focus.

lilygrapetree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilygrapetree
tgentry wrote:Just dogs please. You can theoretically feature the others in some way, but as the rules state, dogs should be the focus.

How about wolpertings?

kzero0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kzero0
lyonscc wrote:

yes! :D

shikausstan

lilygrapetree wrote:How about wolpertings?

Well being that those are usually rabbit or squirrel bodied I would say that would be a no.

Edit: Oops I miss read that I thought it said Wolpertingers... But still its not really a dog...

lilygrapetree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilygrapetree
shikausstan wrote:Well being that those are usually rabbit or squirrel bodied I would say that would be a no.

Rumo sure ain't no rabbit!