omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Pocket Dog- RESUB (real life sized pockets)

GMV because I'm a sucker for miniatures

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
endangeredomega wrote:Was about to make a similar comment, but someone beat me to the punch. I really like this watercolour-y, children's storybook sort of style. Nicely done.

Michael has mastered it well, as evidenced by both shirts. I'm not going to worry my head about the similarity to Travis' design, or about the white shirt (though, while I'll vote, I can't pull white off). The only thing that bugs me is the little thingamabob that denotes the contact of paw to butt. I can't stop seeing a daisy, and it bugs me. Awesome, but I can unsee it.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
acallens80 wrote:Cute design but read the woot rule book, they are a little anal about photos. I hear footsteps of the rejection bot... He should be coming in 5...4...3...2

I find the 'rule' book to be quite laughable. It's hit and miss when it comes to the rules. I like this shirt. Artists are known to break the rules. If not, all art would be the same. Keep pushing, my fellow artists!!

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
mdh649 wrote:I am sorry, I was taking hints from past winners with peanuts characters. Guess the rules are more subtle than I thought. I will try something else next week.

Don't say sorry! Now you're warmed up to the rules of shirt.woot! Good luck next week!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Spot vs. Sparky

Classic

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
Re: Dogfish

Awesome! Surprised not many people thought of this.

paigeg

mardigraw wrote:I do not see any halftones.

You're not likely to at this size, particularly if they're fine. Woot has the files - they'll know if there are gradients. but Seed's a vet. I'm sure a detail view of this would show his great halftone work.

paigeg

Re: The spin cycle!

Simple and fun! My dog has only a 2" tail, so no chasing for him. though he does circle slowly sometimes, trying to see or sniff it.

lilygrapetree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilygrapetree
cherylfrancis wrote:I find the 'rule' book to be quite laughable. It's hit and miss when it comes to the rules. I like this shirt. Artists are known to break the rules. If not, all art would be the same. Keep pushing, my fellow artists!!

Yah! somebody who finds the rule book a joke too!

("They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian. They're not laughing now." Bob Monkhouse)

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Fictional Dogs Playing Poker

Really digging the colors. I love how I can see the smoke in your art and know immediately that it's you. Great work.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Dogmatic

There's a lot of emotion in this piece. Something tangible that I like a lot.

specialkac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages specialkac
Re: Boba Fetch

When I saw this shirt I automatically sent it to my husband saying mine doesn't have a chance if this one goes up. I voted for you.

specialkac

Re: Do Not Pass Go

This shirt is ingenious! :D You have my vote.

specialkac

zaynne wrote:I like stick figure designs, we don't see nearly enough here. GMV

Thank you so much! :D

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Three Dog Window

I love it!

rhochstrasser

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rhochstrasser
Azurett wrote:Don't say sorry! Now you're warmed up to the rules of shirt.woot! Good luck next week!

I don't get the rules either. How could the silhouetted Peanuts characters not have also been too close to copyrighted material?

specialkac

kevlar51 wrote:This makes me chuckle

Your wonderful shirt has my vote.

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
Re: Three Dog Window

Gracias Walmazan!

kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
Re: Et tu benji?

Julius Caesar had a dog and appointed him the leader of the Italian city of Milan, Ceasar Milan was in no way relevent to the dog whisperer!

~kaleidoscopicfailure

rspencer1005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rspencer1005
Re: Party Hats!

OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG!! from my favorite book ever!!!!

kaleidoscopicfailure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaleidoscopicfailure
Re: Not all that different

Before anyone jumps on me for this, I know that dogs are capable of seeing limited colors, but for the sake of the joke, I bet Toto didn't have the same quality trip as his owner...

enjoy
~kaleidoscopicfailure

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Beware of Dogwood

Your designs are always so beautiful and so well done. I extra love them when you add some surrealism to them, like the tree dog. Great!

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
rhochstrasser wrote:I don't get the rules either. How could the silhouetted Peanuts characters not have also been too close to copyrighted material?

While the shirt you are talking about is certainly in the style of peanuts characters. They are not the characters themselves. I think the silhouette in the front is intended to remind people of Charlie Brown, if you look at him in profile... there are differences. Especially the way the nose hooks upward. Parody is a fine line we dance around.

Nothing follows.

melloncollie3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melloncollie3
Re: MASTER?

I love this. Here in England we have a popular chain of entertainment retail stores which use a derivative of the original painting as its logo and as its name (HMV) ... And, the dog from that painting is actually buried really near where I live, therefore..... Really love this on so many levels :D

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

So wearable, clever, and beautifull done!

+1

fronnyar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fronnyar
Re: Dog Days of Summer

Wolfy!! It's me Shaiz from FA...love the design!! *crosses fingers* hope it prints!!

topfrog56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topfrog56
Re: The Gingham Dog Triumphs At Last

After centuries of battling, the gingham dog finally defeats that horrid calico cat!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Gesundheit

Ha! Funny and cute:D

Vote!

turkeyibrox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turkeyibrox
Re: Dogcar

Excellent reference, GMV

awksauce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awksauce
Re: Dogpile

A day late but wanted to get this in...It's a play on the word "dogpile," I hope the joke's understandable!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Beautiful work, CMDixon! I wish I could use color as nicely as you. Awesome design, you have +1 here!

jcflman

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jcflman
Re: Fictional Dogs Playing Poker

Great design.

The nerd in me wishes you had Scooby Dum & his magnifying glass looking at Blue's Clues. Dum dum Dum DUM!

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
Re: Not all that different

Wow! I hope you'll take it as a compliment that I went and checked some photo references to make sure this was freehand. It's gorgeous.

gement

Re: Dogcar

Oh, this is fantastic. I voted for it before the first comment reminded me that's Catbus. There's great motion and energy in this design, and it made me laugh even without the reference.

gement

Re: Royal pet Vs Loyal pet

This one's interesting, though I'm not sure I know enough about chess to get any joke subtler than "there are no dog pieces in chess." Any chess nerds care to enlighten me? Is there usually a leash relationship between queens and knights, for example?

gement

Re: Patience

This is positively dripping with cute. Good luck!

gement

Re: The butcher's dog

Innovative, but I confess myself squicked out. And probably avoiding sausage for the day. :D

gement

Re: Spot vs. Sparky

Brilliant. Great use of a limited palette, and I'd totally wear this.

gement

HA! This one took me a few seconds, which makes it even better.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
endangeredomega wrote:I'm wholly unfamiliar with the reference, but this is pretty weird + wonderful. +1

I am in complete agreement with this statement. Love it.